Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see why I'm having trouble choosing
default_new_rofl.gif

At the moment I'm leaning towards Lyric, it doesn't have anything to do with her show name but I think it suits her!

Today she has a little bit of scours going on
default_sad.png
I don't think I got the worming paste into Rivain as early as I should have since we were so focused on getting milk into bubs.

She certainly has been a trickier foal then Derby was! But the one benefit from that is she's testing me and my foaling kit and I'm really learning a lot from her, Derby was almost too easy!

yeah I like Lyric!!! hope she gets better soon!!! glad your able to handle everything she is throwing at you though!! oh n what colour are you hoping with Ashanti?

With Ashanti I have my fingers crossed for a silver bay, a buckskin or a silver buckskin
default_biggrin.png

Of course it will be hard knowing I will most likely have to sell that one as it will be related to both Pallidon and Tinker
default_sad.png
this season will see me raise my first foals to sell and it will be hard knowing how easy they are to love.

I'd like a double dilute from Twinkles, a chestnut appaloosa from Fantasy and a buckskin appaloose from Dreamy. No bay colts allowed!
default_new_rofl.gif

Well Ashanti is hiding her changes again. Since I'm out at a harness day tomorrow I've told her to stick a cork in her butt
default_new_rofl.gif

Rivain's getting a little bit foal proud now
default_wacko.png
and she'd been doing so well!

andstillirise06.jpg

andstillirise07.jpg

andstillirise08.jpg

andstillirise09.jpg

andstillirise10.jpg

That is one beautiful filly. I would be proud of her too
laugh.gif

I know i keep saying it but i just
default_wub.png
love
default_wub.png
that mare (Rivain) so cute with all that hair..its no supprise that her baby is just gorgeous

Thanks everyone.
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin I can't seem to leave her alone!

Rivain and I have a deal now. Every time I enter the stall I bring food, I then place it at the back of the stall where she goes to eat and I can then kneel down near the front of the stall. At first the little bubs was only looking at me, and then she would come part of the way up. This afternoon she felt really bold and came all the way up, stared at me and then bolted backwards. When I didn't do anything scary she came back, much quicker, and began to snuffle my arms and legs and finally my hands. I didn't move to touch her during this and let her retreat when she was ready to. So brilliant to finally get snuffled
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting

Ashanti has a little more bulk and Twinky seems to be getting ready to begin so I'll start grabbing udder shots again. I'll be turning Rivain and miss-yet-to-be-named filly out with them soon and I'm so nervous!

Miss Ashanti is (drum roll) no different
default_wacko.png
honestly this mare is too sneaky! At the rate she is going I'll probably just walk out and find a foal!

None yet, I've spent most of my time in there coaxing her over. The downside of having to manhandle foals at the start
default_sad.png
She is getting over the whole thing but it really depends on her mood!

Well she comes over for sniffs but isn't too keen on the scratches.

I can't really blame her, we had to grab her in the paddock to bring her in, she was handled a lot as we got milk into her, then the vet gave her a check up and an enema followed by a needle the next day! I think the needle was what really set her off, she hated it!

And of course unless I've distracted Rivain I don't kneel down
default_wacko.png
rotten possesive mare! Can't wait to finish the reinforced fencing tomorrow. I'll be turfing them out in the paddock so Palli can have his stall back!

naw, maybe you could just sit in there for 15-20 min just let her come n go, let Rivain come n go with scratches maybe some treats for Rivain so baby know's mummy is ok with you so she should be too....

jsut an idea
default_wub.png

Shes such a pretty Baby Bree..Buckskin Bonny Baby by Buckeroo..lotsa BBBB's..I think shes deff a "Bonny"
default_wub.png

'Tis cute, but I really am stuck between Lyric and Phoenix. Every time I ask someone they always say the opposite of the last person I asked!
default_new_rofl.gif

Bit more size to Ashanti's udder, but only slightly.

The problem with foal handling is Rivain being foal proud. Unless she's stuffing her face with food she doesn't like us in the stable with her and bubs. Once she's outside with her friends again I think she'll relax and the filly will be able to come over and say hi without her mother shooting me filthy looks
default_wink.png
Honestly, mares! Who would have them?
default_new_rofl.gif
Give me my stallions any day!

I just had daggers off my mare for putting my boy out in the next paddock to her so they can chat through the fence..Dinky greeted him with the chatter chops and mum ran over discusted that he even so much as looked at her
default_laugh.png
Haha they are so funny in theyr little world..think i managed to get a picture of her grumpy face will put it on Dinky's page in a bit..as you say 'mares" so hormonal
default_rolleyes.gif

im no help i like Phoenix and Lyric..
default_wacko.png
sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back