Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow- look at that V! Good luck! She looks ready!

so..... Bree....... any new babies overnight?!
default_new_shocked.gif

No just one very bleary eyed Bree!
default_new_rofl.gif

I don't really do 'waking up' and I'm a zombie most mornings!

Her behaviour still seems off, she is separating herself off a little and it is just a feeling. Although I just yanked Apollo out and stuck him in the next paddock down since he was getting a little to "in your face" witht he girls and I was worried he'd accidentally steal a foal.

Lyric goes outside soon. Just giving her mum plenty of time to finish breakfast
default_laugh.png

naw, can't be too much longer now...
default_new_shocked.gif
wish we could be watching for you!

make sure you take LOTS of pictures of her first time out for us!!!
default_wub.png

Lyric just took my breath away... and made me fall in love with her all over again.

My main breeding goal is for movement. Both Pallidon and Rivain have exceptional trots, they aren't big flicky trots but they are long ground covering strides that make them float... but they still have energy. Hard to describe but I just love it, and Lyric has it! I just watched her trot out for the first time and her movement is stunning
default_wub.png
:wub

Resizing pics now and I took a littl bit of cruddy video so I'll see if any of that worked.

NAW!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Bree no wonder why you are in love with her!!!! she is the cutest thing! that trot is gorgeous!

love her little black legs! LOL

definitley Lyric!!!
default_yes.gif

I'm so in love with this little girl, someone could offer me a fortune for her at our first show and I wouldn't take it!
default_wub.png

If the other Pallidon foal is half as nice as Lyric then I think he'll have proven himself as a sire to watch.

She has a lot of prescence, was a bit hard to photograph as she was rarely holding still
default_new_rofl.gif
But Rivain has finally done the introductions to Ashanti and Twinkles (although Ashanti didn't seem to care much) and they are all standing under the trees. Maybe I'll get some good standing still shots later?

Now hurry up Ashanti, Lyric needs a playmate!

Thanks Diane
default_laugh.png

To see her move out is just amazing. I thought I'd lose less time with her being out and about but I think I'm losing more!
default_new_rofl.gif

She's my first buckskin and its a colour I have always wanted
default_biggrin.png

Oh Lyric!!! You are such a beauty!!!
default_wub.png
You need to whisper to Aunt Ashanti that you REALLY need a playmate!

Thanks Jess!

I'll get Lyric right on to that, it might be the missing part of the magic foaling potion!
default_laugh.png

Oh she is absolutely gorgeous!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

What a beautiful little girl - and her colour is just the icing on the cake!
default_yes.gif

Shes so darn dainty
default_wub.png

I love boys that look like boys and girls that look like girls and there is no mistake that Lyric is all girl and ALL THAT!! I too love her color.
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks everyone
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting
default_laugh.png
I'm thrilled to hear I'm not biased! I've passed on all the compliments and I think she likes them. Being outside has really relaxed Rivain who has started coming up to me again for treats and pats. The new relaxed version of mum has made Lyric more at ease with wandering up to me but she is still a little unsure about the other mares.

Twinkles has had her food rations upped as she's still dropping weight. Seems she is putting everything into her foal! Also I think she didn't bounce back enough from Derby who got weaned at about 7 and a half months
default_wacko.png
So with as much hay as she (and Ashanti and Rivain) can eat, light pick in the paddock and a good serve of lucerne/oaten mush (served soaked and warm) with their pellets mixed in I think she'll be fine. She'll get a year off breeding to pull herself back to perfection before I rebreed her.

Ashanti has gone rather quiet. She sits herself sort of away from everyone but near enough to keep an eye on things. Her udder goes from very warm to nothing special over the day and goes from hard to soft. At last check it was warm and solid feeling and she was on her own but no restless signs. She's been doing cow pats since yesterday. I know we are close but I'm not sure how close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back