Anyssa Park Foaling Thread~Gypsy,colt 9/8, Ruby colt 20/8.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
photo of Renee's newest baby boy
default_smile.png

546654_10151030207873602_1684800212_n.jpg

oh and test results came back for Gator, they are thinking something to do with the kidney :/ so Renee has just got a urine sample and is taking it into the vets now... poor baby Gator!

Oh what a cute little fella - thanks Cassie.
default_yes.gif

Sending prayers for little Gator and for Renee too.

That boy is so cute! Hope all goes well for little Gator

Last edited by a moderator:
isn't he adorable? poor little guy still doesn't have a name LOL poor Renee is absoloutly exhausted!

Gator's results came back... his kidneys are fine, though the scours have come back again, so he is off mum's milk (poor Gyspy) and is under supportive care, and will be let in with Gypsy for a few minutes every few hours... poor things, I hope Gator gets better soon, he is such a special little guy and has had such a rough start to life... :/

I think they did it because things turned bad after his mother's foal heat kicked in, been trying to keep track of things on FB and I sure hope he makes it
default_sad.png
Always hard when you have to take them off mum to help them, I just got lucky that Lyric was 3 months when she had to come off.

Hi girls sorry, for not updating you more, here are the two most recent updates from Renee

"so sorry for the lack of updates - between Gator and my baby, i have just no time, and am totally exhausted, so when i do have a moment, i sleep! lol

Gator appears to have a viral infection, possibly Rotavirus (i hope its not!). He is scouring badly again, and has been colicing each time the pain meds wear off. So we have put him in the pen to limit his milk intake in order to give his gut a rest and time to settle and heal. He is let out each time i give him fluids, and i just have to milk out Gypsy first so he cant get a great big gut full. Neither Gator or Gypsy are very pleased with this arrangement, but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

He had more blood tests today, and it appears that things are improving for him, and he seems a little brighter in himself, so fingers crossed hes turning the corner now.

Thank you all for keeping an eye on my sick little boy, i hope i will have good news to report from now on!

Gators drip line came out last night, so he hasnt had fluids for 12 hours, the vet was happy to wait and see how he faired, but he is a bit dehydrated this morning, so we'll be heading back to the vets in a few hours time to have it replaced."

Please pray for Renee, and her babies... it was Rotovirus that Gator had, and now her newest baby boy has it too
default_sad.png
so all other pregnant mares are off to friends houses to foal out so they don't risk them... poor Renee. what a hard time for her!

Oh no, how awful for Renee - and the new babies of course! Cassie please tell her how sorry we are and that we are saying prayers for her babies and her other mares.

Have they any idea where it has come from?

hey guys,

no they have no idea where it came from... its so horrible... their foaling stables are ancient but Renee has never had a case of this before poor thing!

so all other mares have gone to different homes.... including... one has come to me!!!!!! ;D I will be starting her own thread up and putting her on marestare shortly... we are pretty certain she hasn't been in contact with it as she was on the far side of the property... but she has been vaccinated to make sure, and she will stay with me until she foals and probably a few months after that... as foals over 5 months old can't get it....

will tell you more when I set up my own thread for her... but continue to pray for Renee and her bubba's (especially Gator as he has gone down hill again today)
default_sad.png
poor baby!

Oh poor Gator, prayers still being said for him and Renee's other little colt. Good luck with the mare who is with you Cassie, cant wait to help you watch over her once you get a thread going for her.
default_yes.gif

I don't know if everyone can see this video...

but its a video of little Gator having a good time running and bucking with his mummy
default_smile.png

he is still very sick, but hopefully this is the turning point for him... the other little colt... I think his name is Chester? will confirm later... they think should be alright hopefully they got it early with him...

um I'm not sure if the other people will have marestare... will find out off Renee, and let you all know
default_smile.png

thank you for your prayers, I know they mean so much to Renee and her family. and they are helping her gorgeous little babies pull through this!

Very exciting to see him jumping about!!! Looks like he's turned the corner and should be back to good health soon. Just let her know how important it is to continue the medicine for an extended period of time to be sure the virus is completely gone from his system!!!

Continued prayers for continued healing!!
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif

Cassie.....what's with the cast? Did I miss an injury?
honestly not sure... maybe from the catheter?

Latest posts

Back