Anyssa Park Foaling Thread~Gypsy,colt 9/8, Ruby colt 20/8.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassie

Reaction score
Hey Friends,

Renee from Anyssa Park has let me put up a thread for her on here as she is very busy with her gorgeous new baby and 8 mares to foal!!! :D

So first up is Gypsy, Anyssa Park Egyptian Fantasy she was started under camera last night and is progressing quite fast.

this was her update from last night. so could be anytime now
default_smile.png
woohoo!

"Gypsy's udder is mostly full, and her milk is opaque. She is testing ready on the pH, and is nice and relaxed behind and very hollow in the flanks, but her behaviour wouldnt suggest early labour to me, so i dont think she's about to drop and foal at any minute.

I just cleaned her stable though, and she'd done 5
crap.gif
in 2.5hours, and they seem to get a little looser with each one, so i guess we'll see.

She isnt being very friendly - hiding up there near the gate! lol"

any extra eyes are appreciated.

Gypsy is in foal to the beautiful RFM Boogermans Ultimate Warrior, she is a silver buckskin

893196.JPG X 758238.jpg

Gypsy Warrior

From Renee

"Hi everyone! We're back again for another year of mare staring
th_th30228925.gif

I have 8 mares due this season. The first two due look to be having a bit of a race to the end (turtle pace though lol), so it may change, but right now i have Gypsy under camera, depending how we progress, Ruby may swap. I am organising a second camera to split it though.

Tonight Gypsy has a small yard out the front of her stable that she can come and go as she pleases, as she was a bit stressed about being seperated from her friends, but hopefully she'll settle, and tomorrow night she can be locked in so she can be watched full time.

My mares are outside during the day, and inside from about 4.30 - 5pm our time until about 8am. When one is really close, we move the camera outside.

If you feel ANYTHING is amiss, see a mare foaling and noone present, or just have a concern, PLEASE contact me. I would much prefer a false alarm than something happening to one of my babies.

I am in Australia, i am pretty sure you put 0011 infront of the phone numbers??? can someone confirm and i will update this to be correct.

cam link is http://www.marestare...lias=anyssapark

Its also compatible with ipad/iphone http://173.192.34.75...1/playlist.m3u8

Thanks!

Renee"

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooooo so exciting - will be watching when I can! Good luck and safe foalings Renee.

Oh and great to have you back again - cant believe that a year has gone passed since we were watching and praying for our Aussie friends and their girls!

Gypsy had wax last night girls!!! Woohoo won't be long now
default_smile.png
can't wait I see what gypsy has, will update how she is this morning when I hear from Renee
default_smile.png

update from Renee...

"No baby
c024.gif

She is dripping milk this morning. She did this for 3 days with her last foal, but was a maiden then... hope she doesnt do it again, as despite my catching the colustrum, the colt still needed plasma.

No, the out side camera hasnt arrived yet. Once Taylah (my baby) goes to bed, i will clean her stable and have her ready to move straight into should she try to foal through the day. So ill leave the camera running while she isnt in there just in case."

yep she was in the stall not long ago and was walking so uncomfortably except I haven't seen her for a while Gypsy you better not be foaling outside missy!!!

Hi Jackie
default_smile.png

Thanks, for checking in,

Renee said Gypsy is sooo miserable and keeps standing around poor thing, she has stopped dripping milk and has waxed up again, so definitley need watching of Miss Gypsy tonight !! lol

oh she has just wandered back in
default_smile.png
good girl stay there and foal for Aunty Cassie LOL

Oh my, congrats! was not expecting a daytime foaling!! Last I checked the stall was empty so I thought she was out for the day
default_thud.gif

Hi Baby Boy!!
default_birthday.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassie has he had a good nurse yet? I have seen him try a few times but couldnt tell if he had latched on yet. Do you know? Couldnt tell from MS posts either yet

update from Renee
default_smile.png

"
colt.gif

Its a beautiful bay/grey colt with a tiny star.

Wow, what an adrenaline rush that was. Thought i was safe to duck out for 5mins and have Cass watch her. Was no sooner there and i get a text to say "shes down"... ahhhh... back out i came and raced home with several phone calls to update me. So glad all ended well. He's a bit of a slow starter, needed a little help standing, but is mastering his legs now.

Gypsy has had pain relief, but is still a bit uncomfy. Will be monitoring her, and probably will have to help him drink /keep her standing for him...

Thanks all for watching, and THANK YOU Cass for keeping an eye on her while i popped out..."

haha seems I posted that at the perfect time Jackie LOL hope that helps
default_smile.png

Things certainly went quick, barely made it to 2 pages!

haha yep lol she does have another mare thats realy close to foaling, she will come on camera as soon as Renee is happy that baby is doing good
default_smile.png

LOL!! We barely got a chance to get organised or back into the swing of 'close' mare watching and there he is!!

Well done Cassie for keeping Renee up to speed! And many congratulations Renee - well done Gypsy too!!
default_thumbup.gif

I'll post some pics of him up a little later, he has such lovely long legs
default_smile.png
Renee thinks he will go grey but he is still so cute!! :D

Latest posts

Back