Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would call this a hat trick

1.Perfect color...one of my favs!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

2.Filly....
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

3.And an Awesome Name!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations

I totally understand having the vet out....even though your pretty sure all is well....it just makes you feel alittle better!!
default_yes.gif
especially when diane and marty live too far away to keep calling on them
default_wink.png

Thanks everyone!

I already have a Drifter Renee, that is the problem with having so many of these little guys, naming gets much harder!
default_new_rofl.gif

I'm glad you all like the name! I've had a few people react oddly to it, but then I'm used to that! I'm a bit of an unconventional namer and very fussy
default_biggrin.png

Anyway this update would be useless without photos!

My camera hates the lights in the stable and it isn't a bright enough day to get natural light in so I had to use the flash.

andstillirise01.jpg

andstillirise02.jpg

andstillirise03.jpg

andstillirise04.jpg

andstillirise05.jpg

Isn't she just perfect?
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub

Her coat is increadibly soft, perfect for cuddling! Although with all the hands on checking she's a little bit over the handling right now!

We don't think she'll go dark, she has some very obvious gold under all that cream fluff. Most of the burnt buckskins my mentors have seen and bred over the years have also been born darker so I live in hope
default_laugh.png

She has such a perfect little face
default_wub.png
:wub I think I will be horribly smitten for awhile!
default_new_rofl.gif

OMG Bree she is the sweetest!!! all that fluff!!! how cute! when she lets you, give her lots of hugs from her marestare Aunties!!! have you thought of a barn name yet?!

At the moment I'm leaning towards 'Phoenix' as a barn name... but still undecided !I'll probably spend a week with her and working out what fits best. I like tying it into the show name when possible but it doesn't have to. Her mum is Rivain but registered as Thunderlena!

OMG what an adorable little fur ball! Wearing a mink coat
new_rofl.gif
love it Diane.

You could call her "mink"

Well I managed to get almost nothing done this afternoon and I'm considering moving into her stall
default_new_rofl.gif

On udder related news Ashanti has no changes. I've been told she predictably hardens up pre foaling so I'm looking for thats ince she won't get much, if any at all, bigger. She and Twinkles have been seperated out from the other mares so that Ashanti's foal isn't at risk of being pinched. Rivain and her filly (who still won't tell me her name!) will move out with them both when they are ready.

I know what you mean about getting nothing done..same here halloween has come early to our house
default_rolleyes.gif
dust and cobwebs everywhere..not to worry..they grow up fast dont they and i dont want to miss my baby being small and cute for such a short time..im just goning to keep on watching mne the cobwebs can stay where thy are
default_yes.gif

I guess with the start she had no one can blame me and Rivain for being so fussy with her.

Rivain is proving to be an amazing mother, she hasn't turned foal proud and has been very accepting of all our handling of both her and bubs. Given that she wanted to murder me before the birth if I touched her udder I was amazed at how much handling she let us do without protest! She's so gentle with her little bub and increadibly attentive. They do a lot of snuggling
default_wub.png
Even though she normally hates the stable she is so relaxed and happy I genuinly think she likes having a foal at foot.

Aww shes a beautiful mare I have a real soft spot for her from the first picture i saw
default_wub.png
..so glad its all sorted out and shes happy with her new baby girl..so easily could have been a diff story i suppose
default_wacko.png
will be looking forward to following Rivain and her new baby's progress..shes going to be a beauty just like her mummy
default_yes.gif

yay so glad everything is going so well!!

and Renee I LOVE THE NAME MINK!!!! ohhhh suits her perfectly LOL I think anyways LOL

night Bree, hope Ashanti gives you another gorgeous foal before too long and please keep us updated with your gorgeous filly!!
default_wub.png

Nothing from Ashanti yet, still like jelly in her udder so it might be a bit longer. Doesn't help that she's sulking that I moved her and Twinkles!

Mink's a cute name! At the moment I'm choosing between Phoenix and Lyric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back