Marlanoc Foal Thread, All Foaled! 4 colts, 1 filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks so much for sharing Bree! I've missed all your little ones!

they are all so beautiful and yes I think that your beautiful Dreamy has passed on her exquisite trot! yay for Dreamy!

Thanks guys!

Red got the jackpot with those eyes
default_wub.png
Bright blue with dark skin! Looks like he is wearing eyeliner!

Well a little update, they have the farrier out today so they might not want to talk to me for awhile
default_new_rofl.gif

Thor and Loki are the easiest babies of all time. They're happy just chilling with Spesh and are very quick to attach themselves to me when I'm in there. As long as they don't sulk too long after their feet today they'll be halters off this weekend
default_thumbup.gif

Tilly is doing really well, she's super eager to please and really enjoys just hanging out with people. Her tying skills are improving and she's gotten a lot better with her feet. She leads very well! I'm hoping to move her out with Lyric, Storm and Sterling for a break. She could do with a run around and some chilling time for being such an angel!

Red and Picasso have come along way with the help of their babysitters. Both are having some basic desensitizing work which is going well (haven't progressed to plastic bags and feed bags yet!) but even better both are coming up to me now! Neither are ready to go back out yet, they'll need to be a lot more comfortable with catch work first But I'm aiming to have everyone out before the end of May.

Good job!
default_worshippy.gif
So awesome in fact, I was wondering if there was any chance you can attach a list of your training techniques on here. What you start with and how and when to progress onto new things etc. I noticed there's still 5 days till IM3 comes out and you need distracting in the mean time
default_new_rofl.gif
Sweety's will be my first foal, every other horse I've had has come trained, and I have no idea where to start
default_please.gif

Well farrier ended out coming today
default_new_rofl.gif
We played farrier tag. First one of his racing clients held him up, then the weather happened, then I had a riding lesson, then I got some extra work with my mum in Melbourne and was gone for two days, then I had the midnight release of Iron Man 3 and then finally we were back to today
default_new_rofl.gif

Red was a GEM. He's been following me around lately and has really bonded with me so he was on his best behaviour. Picasso was a bit reactive at first but settled. Tilly had one of her "OMG I'm stuck" moments but then totally chilled out and didn't care what was going on. Thor was unsure but beautiful and Loki treated us to his very own special sense of humour
default_new_rofl.gif
Very proud of them.

Once Red and Picasso get their weight reduction surgery (a whole two stones
default_wink.png
default_new_rofl.gif
) I'm going to turn them all out for a well deserved break. I'm then going to start my thread for my last big foaling season so you better all be there with silly rhymes, many jokes and party hats. I really must insist on the hats
default_new_rofl.gif

Hayley do you have my email? When I'm away from my own computer I don't check as many forums and such so if you ever want to throw a question my way or have a paranoid foal owner natter you are more then welcome to throw an email my way [email protected]

The most important starting point for new foal training is very tricky.... you see. You have to love them
default_thumbup.gif

Sit with them, find scratchy spots, discourage bad behaviour with gentle redirections, have fun, build friendship. Everything else is so much easier when they trust you.

If you started a foal training thread link me and I'll post the rest here. If not I'll just start rambling as soon as you give the word. I've learnt a lot from my babies, they've taught me more then I've ever taught them!
default_thud.gif

Not sure how to link you but now i have your private harrassment link I'll ask for advice as i go.

So I've been dying to ask, how did Pepper go in her suit?

I'm hardwired not to give spoilers
default_new_rofl.gif
but if I must......

Pepper gets to wear the Mk42 for a very short scene and was very cool :D

It was a VERY good movie and an amazing kick off to Phase 2 of the Avengers movie series. It does reference the Avengers movie and 1 of the previous Iron Man movies. I think now that we are in Phase 2 then previous experience with the series will be needed to get full enjoyment out of the show.

Now I have to wait 6 months for 'Thor: The Dark World' and then drive all my FB friends nuts with more geeking out
default_new_rofl.gif

Cool. I'm so glad it was a good movie coz I wasn't sure how to console you if it was a major let down
default_new_rofl.gif
I dont consider myself a geek but I prefer the MARVEL flicks to chick, feel good movies. Maybe I'm in denial
default_new_rofl.gif

No way, the Marvel movies are fun. That's one of the most important things in anything that's supposed to be entertaining :D

But you might want to stock up on tissues in case they kill Loki in Thor2. I might be inconsolable if that happens
default_new_rofl.gif

I haven't seen the first thor only avengers and the iron mans. Is Loki Thor's brother? Can't remember.

In Marvel he is
default_smile.png
mythological speaking he is of no actual relation but is "blood brothers" with Odin and often friends with Thor.

Technically my Thor and Loki are named for the mythology (hence their proper names 'Might of Mjolnir' and 'Lokasenna') but given that they are brothers and the timing of when they where born everyone compares them to the Marvel version. Hopefully this season I get a girl to keep that I can name Valkyrie
default_smile.png

In Marvel he is
default_smile.png
mythological speaking he is of no actual relation but is "blood brothers" with Odin and often friends with Thor.

Technically my Thor and Loki are named for the mythology (hence their proper names 'Might of Mjolnir' and 'Lokasenna') but given that they are brothers and the timing of when they where born everyone compares them to the Marvel version. Hopefully this season I get a girl to keep that I can name Valkyrie
default_smile.png

I'm one by "breeding" (my father immigrated from Norway as a boy with his family) and I'm now praying for a filly names Valkyrie!!!!

Have you seen the new program on TV -- or have they run it there -- called "The Vikings" ?? It's really excellent, and combines the mythology with history and it's been very well done!

Last edited:
I haven't heard of it Diane, so maybe it hasn't come out here yet? we are a bit behind you guys when it comes to tv shows lol so annoying! I love the Avengers and Iron man 1, have to watch no.2 before I can watch no.3 but I have heard it was brilliant
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back