Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOVE lyric!!! but I do like Pheonix

p.s where are the new pics?! marestare aunties demand new pics to awwww over!!
default_wub.png
lol night Bree, have a good sleep

I adore my two boys, I think they've made me a stallion girl. I'll probably end up with somthing like 5 stallions and ten mares
default_new_rofl.gif

I just love the added challenge of handling them, neither of my boys are nasty but they do force you to be on your toes when you have them out. I think the partnership you develop with a stallion is so very different then the one with a mare or a gelding, there's a lot of teamwork and if you ignore their side they'll shut down! I've described it as dancing, I'm leading but it is most definetly taking two of us
default_biggrin.png

Looks like bubs is going out tomorrow! Which will mean pic overload, YAY!
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting
default_laugh.png

I still think I'm leaning towards Lyric.

Diane how much/how long/how often do you feed psylium husks? My show horses have to be turned out on sand and I want to give them a flush out.

Cassie I think you're reading my mind. I was just out with Pallidon telling him about his daughter. The conversation went a little like this...

Me: You should be proud Palli.

Palli: That's nice, where's the food?

Me: You've had breakfast. But I'm really stuck on her name.

Palli: Pellets.

Me: No I'm not calling her pellets.

Palli: No you have left over pellets in your pocket.

Me: Oh, ok here you go. What do you like better, Phoenix and Pallidon? Pallidon and Lyric.

Palli: nomnomnomnom. I love you.

Me: Maybe Lyric? Lyric and Palli, Lyric and Rivain.

Palli: OMG! That bird! Over there!

Me: The teeny tiny thing on the fence?

Palli: This must be looked at.

Me: You're no help at all somtimes...

Anyway the end result is I have all BUT decided on Lyric. Mostly because I know a person called Phoenix and I have a bird here with the same name so Lyric is a little more special. Also Pallidon reports the bird, while acting suspicious, was just some local dimwit that lost his flock and returned for some actual attention. I think he was hoping my pocket had refilled.
default_wink.png

In Ashanti news her udder feels VERY warm and certainly harder to the touch. Have to do the weekly shopping soon but then will be out in her paddock for the rest of the day finishing up the foal proof fencing. She certainly seems closer!

default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Bree you are too funny!!!!! ROFL!!

love the name Lyric, would be my pick!

yaya for changes in Ashanti!! will this one be a palli baby as well??

n do we have any new pics?! I think I have forgotten what Lyric looks like LOL

I'll take some new shots at feeding time.

I write out a lot of conversations with my horses for my non horsey friends. It amuses a lot of people! Drifter has a very posh English accent you know and Rivain is very quick to swear
default_new_rofl.gif

Ashanti's is 'sort of' a Palli baby. She's Pallidon's half sister and the sire of the foal is Tinker's half brother! So it will be related, the next and last Palli bub of the season is Twinkles, due mid October.

He is silver bay/chocolate taffy perfection
default_wub.png
:wub My favourite stallion apart from my own! A Silverado son like Tinker and with a lot of show exposure, he has brought home a lot of supremes and hi-points. He started showing up in QLD and now he is down here. His name is Tiny Toy Jamiroquai. One of his sons, Kooka Heights Jamas Prince Charming, has dominated the gelding ring down here.

jamas.jpg

Ashanti is acting slightly odd today. She's also dropping cow poops!

oh wow he is stunning!! I wonder how they get his mane so white!! I want Penny n Suzie's mane that white!! LOL

ooooh cow patties are good... has she been restless?

wow he is a sex bomb Bree
wub.gif

I just loved your chat with Pali, have you had any more chats that you want to share
yes.gif

Argh, I just wrote out a whole reply and then my internet froze and lost it! Curse you internets!
default_wacko.png

Ashanti is definetly restless, more so then I would have expected. She's still a bit sulky over beign seperated from her friend but as that is the foal pincher no way were they staying together! Will grab photos during feeding but I'm running late thanks to all the fence work. But the good side of that is that Lyric can go outside tomorrow!
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting

Cassie, Jamas is a very naturally blonde taffy. I've known him about three years now and I'm still suprised at how little it takes to clean him up for the ring. Just rinse out any dirt stains and off he goes, they barely use any make-up on him either. And he is a total sweetheart, would live in your lap if you let him
default_wub.png
He is the main reason I love the Silverado line which led me to buying Tinker!

Had many conversations with Apollo while working on the fence. He is a sweetheart but a total blonde
default_new_rofl.gif
Also I made the mistake of teaching him to lift his muzzle if I made a kiss sound and now he lifts it just to get the kiss, no cue!

Apollo: I'll help!

Me: Thanks buddy but we don't need help.

Apollo: KISSES!

Me: (smooches muzzle)

Apollo: I helped!

Me: yes you did, you should be very proud. Go tell Twinkles.

Apollo: TWINKLES! TWINKLES I HELPED!

Twinkles: Ummmm what did you do?

Apollo: I helped!

Twinkles: I see... I'm sure you did a very good job.

Tinker: (from nearby) That's not helping!

Apollo: I will help better then!

Me: Curse you Tinker!

Tinker: (laughs)

Apollo: Do you need this? (tips over tool bag)

Me: Umm.. thanks.

Apollo: KISSES!

Me: (smooches muzzle)

We got the most work done when he left us alone for 40 minutes
default_new_rofl.gif

Apollo.jpg

But who wouldn't want to smooch this face?

Hahaha very good
default_laugh.png
im sure we can all relate to that conversation
default_laugh.png
and the answer to the snuggles question issssss..not me i certainly couldnt resist a kiss from that beautiful face
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Apollo's a real fav around here, especially with the non horsey family members because he is such a softy. I showed him for awhile and he did alright but he doesn't really have that spark they need to place high. He is too sweet! I use him as my weaning gelding, he is a softy but he won't let them walk all over him.

Updated Ashanti pics:

ashanti 3008 back.jpg

ashanti 3008 side.jpg

ashanti 3008 udderback.jpg

ashanti 3008 udderside.jpg

Just came in from checking her again. She came up to me but once she realised no food she nicked off again. Normally she'll hang around if the other two do. I think I'll be doing a few checks tonight!

wow she has really dropped Bree!!! major V happening! LOL

and her teats look ready to burst won't be long! maybe tonight!!
default_wub.png
yay for a new baby p.s where are the lyric pics?? lol

Lyric pics were too dark even with the flash
default_wacko.png
BUT she goes out tomorrow
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting That is going to be fun!

Maybe she'll have a friend, come on Ashanti!

Ooooo sounds as though things are getting exciting - come on Ashanti.
default_yes.gif

Good luck!!

She did another little cow pat for me during this check but she hates the torch so I couldn't get near enough to check her teeny little udder. She's also still sulking because I tired to milk her earlier, she's being a little sensitive!

Feeling hopeful! Lyric would love a little friend to play with when she goes out tomorrow
default_biggrin.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back