Help with horse trauma

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deb1unlimited

Compassionate Heart Counseling
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I am a psychotherapist and have added equine assisted psychotherapy to my practice this past year. I am specialize in treating trauma and have training in treating animal trauma as well. I will be taking Kate Neligan's certification program this year to expand on my work with equines. I am thinking about offering clinics to horse owners, whether they are minis or full size horses that will teach them how to work with trauma in their own animals. This works with dogs, cats, etc. I wanted to test the waters for interest. I am located in SW WI and will start with local clinics. We have a brand new indoor arena and will have day board for those who may be hauling from some distance. I would like to get feedback about length- 1/2 day, full day, 2 day, once a month seminars with a final hands-on clinic?; cost- what you would be willing to pay for this type of assistance. By the way, the horse will not be the only receiving healing in the process! I am an EMDR certified therapist, also certified in HRV biofeedback. Any feedback is much appreciated as I begin to pull this together. I'm planning a dry-run clinic with some friends in the next two months so I should be up and running by mid-summer.

Latest posts

Back