Marlanoc Foal Thread, All Foaled! 4 colts, 1 filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm one by "breeding" (my father immigrated from Norway as a boy with his family) and I'm now praying for a filly names Valkyrie!!!!

Have you seen the new program on TV -- or have they run it there -- called "The Vikings" ?? It's really excellent, and combines the mythology with history and it's been very well done!
That show is my utter addiction
default_wub.png
but then I've always been fond of Ragnar's saga. They got a second season so will be interesting to see where the finale leaves us at :D

I've got a touch of Viking in me by breeding, there's a Danish strand in the family tree. The rest is English so probably a bit hiding back there as well. My parents helped with the addiction to the stories but my mum jokingly blames the neighbour that used to help babysit, she was Norwegian and used to tell me old stories to make me go to sleep.

These days I have a bad habit of quoting the Lokasenna at people who are annoying me so some of it must have stuck
default_new_rofl.gif

Anyway I figured that with Avengers and Thor being out some of the names I wanted to use would be less odd. Although everyone still wants to hit me for "Mjolnir"
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Cassie Iron Man 2 is probably the weakest of the Iron Man stories so far, it's not bad but it just doesn't hold up to the rest of what they've done. Have you seen the rest of the Phase One movies? Incredible Hulk was quite good, Captain America did nothing for me but I think the second will be better (due next year, 6 months after Thor2) and if I'm honest the first Thor was a tad average, made watchable by the rather awesome job Tom Hiddleston has done with the role of Loki. Not that I'm biased
default_new_rofl.gif
I've got high hopes for Thor 2 though!

Yeah, I thought Iron Man 2 wasn't as good as the first. Will have to get Thor and Captain America out.

CA and Thor felt a bit rushed to me, they were setting up for Avengers and both suffered for it. They should have focused more on the heroes in their own right, if that makes sense. But seems to be a lesson learnt as what has been sketched out for Thor: The Dark World and CA: The Winter Solider is looking a lot more fun :D

For those who don't do the facebook thing I thought I'd cross post my status from my personal account today since I thought a few Aunties would enjoy it.

"Someone asked me why I seem to lose so much time in the paddocks when I'm not "doing anything." So I thought about it for awhile and I came back with this.

It's about something more then training, and ribbons. For me it's about love, 100% love of a fluffy, mohawk wearing, overly opinionated horse who for some weird reason thinks hanging out with me is fun. And she's not the only one! So THIS is why I can lose so much time in paddocks without doing anything :D"

DSCF4252.jpg DSCF4358.jpg

DSCF4655.jpg IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

And this pic I stuck up on a Marlanoc facebook page update about winter

IMG_3520.jpg

I couldn't have put it better. "High Five sister"

" It's about something more then training, and ribbons. For me it's about love, 100% love of a fluffy, mohawk wearing, overly opinionated horse who for some weird reason thinks hanging out with me is fun. And she's not the only one! So THIS is why I can lose so much time in paddocks without doing anything :D"

Um nobody
default_new_rofl.gif

I'm only a year into minis and I've already witnessed a few ended friendships as a result of over competitive showing. hopefully it won't hurt the mini reputation.

Don't talk minis with big horse people then
default_sad.png
Our breed has a shocking reputation for bad horsemanship and cut throat politics... sadly a not entirely undeserved reputation. Real shame, I keep saying I've never met a better breed... just a shame about the people!
default_new_rofl.gif
Of course there are some wonderful people involved that balance things out.

Well I've reached the end of this Marlanoc thread!

Red got gelded this morning and will go out with Spesh's group once the sedation wears off. He was an awesome boy with his behaviour and I'm very proud of how he has come along recently.

Note I said nothing about Picasso.
default_torch.gif
Picasso decided he likes life around here so he is playing a little game we shall call "hide and go seek" with one of his testicles.
default_thumbdown.gif
The vet has recommended we run him on until 18 months to see if it gets bored of the game and shows up on it's own, if not he'll have to go to hospital to have it removed. So he is temporarily off the sales list while we wait to resolve this. Rather annoying but not really anything else to do about it!

I'll take some fresh pics this arvo of each of the bubs to round off here.... and perhaps some mare pics to kick off my next thread!
default_thumbup.gif

Can't believe it is already time to start a new thread. Where did that year go?????? Not that I mind, will be nice to watch your ladies get fatter again.

Put Picasso in a sauna, I'm sure both 'boys' will be wanting out to get some fresh air
default_new_rofl.gif

We joked that we should have done him first so he didn't see what was happening
default_new_rofl.gif

I have no idea where all that time went! Should be a fun year coming though (reminder: everyone must wear party hats) with my last BIG season of foals, some potentially very good pairings, Derby's THREE year old season and is first show jumper rounds and I'm sure I'll think up a few unexpected surprises to throw into the mix.
default_whistling.gif

I'm hoping my hat is okay?

And it's too bad you don't feed those little ones -- they appear to be starving to death!
default_whistling.gif

Last edited:
Your hat is brilliant
default_new_rofl.gif

And yes I MAY have over fed a little while they where all up in the yards
default_giveup.gif
just a little.... they are on hay only now
default_new_rofl.gif

I guess I'm off to make Marlanoc thread 3 since I have some pics of lovely round mares to show off
default_whistling.gif

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

I'm holding my hat in my hand until I see those round bellies!!

Latest posts

Back