Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woohooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally we have a little bubba... well hopefully hahaha... looking forward to messages of a nice safe delivery

and a healthy little foal...
default_smile.png
... Lots of pics please

YAY FINALLY!!! Praying everything went very smoothly, I can hardly wait to hear all about the new baby!!!!!!!

Awesome, hope all is well! Will check back in for details!

Black and white Filly born just before 9PM. Robin did need a little help as she was getting tired and baby is BIG. Baby was up and walking around in 5 minutes. We still haven't latched on...I have tried to assist, but she is a little spitfire and gets annoyed if I try to help too much. Robin is very patient and puts up with all of it. Lots of milk available, baby just won't latch. When not guided, she goes back to the fence and tries to nurse. I took a break and decided to let them work it out for a bit. Gonna go back out in a few to check on them. Baby has 3 blankets on, btw. It is cold, so I wanted to make sure that she stays toasty.

IMG_2533.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Awwwww LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thank You for the update I was starting to really get worried.

Congrats. Pretty darn cute.

I have a name... "Its about darn time".
default_whistling.gif
default_impatient.jpg
Just kidding, she's just darling and I'm sure you'll come up with a perfect time.

She is
default_wub.png
so cute..just love the cheeky grin at the pussycat through the fence....CONGRATULATIONS
default_firstprize.gif

Congrats on a beautiful FILLY!!!
default_wub.png

Thanks! She is a little turd already! LOL. She has not latched on, on her own, yet. I went ahead and milked robin...got about 15cc into baby via medicine dropper. She seems to at least know where to look now, so that is good. I am leaving them alone for now. I feel better knowing that she at least got a LITTLE bit of colostrum in her. There will be more pics tomorrow when it is light out ;) I will keep you guys posted!

AT LAST!! Well done Robin - a filly to boot, brilliant!! Many congratulations to you all!!

The fact that you had to handle the filly early on to get her rugged up, which of course was necessary, may have temporarily have 'interferred' with the filly's ability to 'scent' Robin (to search for the milk bar). The fact that she is now looking in more or less the right place is good, I'm sure she will soon 'latch on'.

She's really cute, cant wait for more pictures. Again, many many congratulations!
default_firstprize.gif

Hooooooooray and congrats on an adorable filly! Looking forward to more pics.

Congratulations Katy and Robin!!! What an adorable little filly! I look forward to an update today and a TON of photos
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back