Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous!!! And those big doe eyes.....Beautiful!!!

Not sure if that has given me a dose of foal to take the edge off waiting or made it worse! Come on Kate, Izz, Sweety, and Bindi!

Oh she is gorgeous - just perfect!!
default_firstprize.gif

You must be absolutely thrilled - I'm so pleased for you and Robin.

Okay, mini experts...what is your opinion of her color? My first thought was that she can't be going grey because she was born to pale. My next thought was that she has so much silver on her that maybe she is going grey and I just don't know it all, lol. I asked my color guru friend and she is confident that she is going to be silver dapple. After researching silver more, I completely agree. Of course when I post this on my FB page, I get a bunch of people saying that she is just mousy and going to be black and that it is impossible to tell at this point. LOL. So, she has white eyelashes...a white mane and tail...her undercoat has a white roany look to it. What do you guys think? I'm still leaning to silver dapple...

Thanks, Julia ;) I hate getting into color genetics with people that don't know me very well, lol. They always think that I am an idiot ;) I am not a total expert, but I do know colors pretty well (well except for silver, lol). One of them that told me that they thought she was black also told me that if I cross a chestnut with a black, I would get a bay...

Thanks, Julia ;) I hate getting into color genetics with people that don't know me very well, lol. They always think that I am an idiot ;) I am not a total expert, but I do know colors pretty well (well except for silver, lol). One of them that told me that they thought she was black also told me that if I cross a chestnut with a black, I would get a bay...
The only way you would get a bay from those two is if the chestnut carried and just so happened to thow the agouti gene to that foal, andthe black threw the black gene. A bay is black based with an agouti gene. I have had foals born the same looking color as your new girl and they shed out to be black... but yes she could also definately be a silver black as well. So much fun as they change their colors isnt it!!

i have been away do to computer being in the shop so i have missed most of whats been going on! but im glad i didnt miss this beautiful girl being born by much!!! yay mama Robin!!! so excited everything has ended well after some suspensful 10 months! not knowing daddy and due date and those days she was tricking every single one of us! this has truly been a rewarding pregnancy i think
default_smile.png
im secrety dispointed it was not a baby mule she popped out that would have been adoarble! your little girl has lots of flash about her and coming from Robin personality too boot ;) and im secretly in love hehe great thread to have been following these past few months, now that you finally got to stop waiting for her arrival is the await to her more permanent color! :D good luck with her!

oohh my goodness sakes alive.If that isn't the cutest thing I have ever seen. I want her! congrads just so precious,

Oh wow!!!!!!!! She is just soon completely gorgeous, look at her lovely little head
default_smile.png
congratulations!!!!!

she is exactly what I am hoping for. I guess good things come to those who wait....and after reading your complete thread..you waited a REALLY LONG TIME!

I read somewhere that whiter hairs around the eyes and muzzle usually indicate they have the grey gene, but she's going to be beautiful whatever she turns out to be. Such a cute and yes, we need more photos!!!

Love the new little girl and Robin both!! Wish my little madien would give me a sign if she is really infoal or just faking it, though Im quite certain I felt the baby kick! little brat :]

I think your little filly is a Silver Dapple Pinto. I attatched a couple pictures I found on google, for some comparison...they look very close to me. Hope you dont mind. I have also found the Color Calculator to be quite helpful when breeding my big appies. Here is a link to it- http://www.animalgenetics.us/CCalculator1.asp

When I get a horse that is already greyed out, and I dont know the real base color. I always figure that the typical non-registered horses tend to be bays, sorrels and chestnuts around here. So I put that as the base color, then add the grey to the mix. I think its very possible that either Robin or Papa could have been carrying the silver gene, which would give you the little silver dapple.

absilverdapple_zpsce86e6fb.jpg

Alrighty...sorry about the lack of attendance, lol. Here are a few new photos. I am confident that she is indeed a silver dapple, BUT still unsure if she will grey or not. She has similar color to all silver dapple foals, but has much more light hairs to her than they do, so I am leaning towards her greying. I guess we shall see ;) Here are a few new photos of The Little Princess!

Robin is SUCH a good mom. So tolerant of my boys meeting Princess. I just love that girl
default_smile.png

They definitely appreciate their heat lamp at night, lol. No worries, it is VERY secure and they cannot knock it down
default_smile.png

Fiona discovered the baby yesterday for the first time and wasn't sure what to think, lol.

The last photo is of Princess meeting a duck for the first time...she wasn't too sure about that ;)

DSC_5579.jpg

DSC_5649.jpg

DSC_5717.jpg

DSC_5742.jpg

DSC_5752.jpg

DSC_5941.jpg

DSC_6026.jpg

Well what ever color she is she is just too darn adorable!
default_wub.png
Thanks for posting more pics.

Latest posts

Back