Miranda is showing signs of foaling!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vet said a mare is a mare is a mare, but she is not that mare
default_wacko.png
HUH???

Anna...Drats!!!! I always come in last
default_no.gif
Congrats on your healthy baby! I will miss you!

Morning all. Here I am feeling so much more human - suprising what a few consistant hours of sleep can achieve LOL!! My proud Mum and Baby doing fine - thanks for the congrats - dont worry Theresa I wont be leaving you and Miranda, just not checking through the night hours!

Luckily I now have a bit of a break before my last three mares are due and boy am I glad. I was so tired yesterday I was 'punch-drunk' and felt really ill. I did so need my little mare to foal last night and thankfully she obliged, bless her. So I now have an even split with 4 colts and 4 fillies so far and 'all's well with the world' as they say.

So again I say COME ON MIRANDA -- I'M WATCHING YOU!!

Anna

Oh Theresa, not having done much on here for the last couple of days except check on Miranda, I have just read your thread about Dreamer.

I'm so sorry to read that she is having more problems. Am hoping and praying that this is just a small 'blip' and that the vets treatment can nip it in the bud. I just wish that I could offer you more support. The trouble with the internet is that it brings us all so much closer and into each other's lives, that we forget that we are actually a long way apart. It is sometimes so frustrating, especially when we want nothing more than to be able to physically visit and hug those friends in need of help.

Love, hugs and prayers -

Anna

Tell Miranda we just put Muffy in the foaling pen! Tell her no way can she let yet another of my mares go first!

Go Miranda GO!
default_laugh.png

Well, she looks like she's at that point of labor where she's getting crabby. She's pulled her food dish on the ground......could be a good sign!

Well, she looks like she's at that point of labor where she's getting crabby. She's pulled her food dish on the ground......could be a good sign!
I saw that and wondered the same thing.I also see she is munching on her hay, but looks like she left feed in her bucket?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonny! I must say you are a quite a devoted "mare-starer" LOL. Miranda's a lucky girl to have such a devoted bunch of eyes carefully watching her
default_yes.gif

Thank you! Any time yall need me just ask!

LOl.

I am trying to learn as much as I can because I am trying for my very first mini foal.
default_yes.gif

But I do like to be helpful also!

How is Dreamer this morning??
default_wub.png
(I know, wrong thread, but I am feeling a bit lazy and thought I would kill two birds with one stone.
default_wink.png
)

I am wondering if Miranda's tail can get any lower.
default_new_shocked.gif
She may not have to even push this baby out. It'll just slide out on it's own!!
default_wacko.png

edited to add: Of course that will only happen if she gets away from that wall!! :DOH!

COME ON MIRANDA! Now would be a really good time to give your mum and dad a pretty, healthy filly. They could really do with a boost in their lives at this moment.

Anna

Anna I couldn't agree with you more. A healthy bouncing baby might make their world just a bit brighter right about now. C'mon Miranda.....Mom and Dad need your help.

I've been following this thread...this silly mare STILL hasn't foaled! I keep checking on her to see if she has popped...and this morning, she is just munching happily...silly mare!

Kim

Pics from today...
default_wacko.png

IMG_6429.jpg

Sorry about the kind of pic this is but, I can't get a pick of her udder in her stall...

IMG_6436.jpg

She's looking ready!!! Good luck!

Barbie

She looks like she has to go any time. Does she have milk? Have you been able to test any? I was able to clean a very touchy mare when I used a nice warm wet wash cloth and was persistant. She finally let me clean her cause it felt good on her swollen udder. Then I was able to get just enough milk to test.

I am surprised that Marinda is still holding on. I hope we have a foal soon!

Miranda seems a little restless this morning. Come on Miranda, have a healthy baby soon!

She does seem very restless!

Maybe this is it??? Or does she just want out?

She tries to back up to the fence and seems not to like that at all. never mind now she is!

The vet will be out this afternoon to check Dreamer. (5pm) We arre ho[ing that she holds out till we get the results back if it is straph. We are still hold ing to Dreamer having a vien infecion, not srtangles. Thanks for keeping eyes on her.

Back