Huybers Utopia 2014 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I'd better let you all know I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, but I've been sleeping alot trying to catch up. Buffy is at day 326 and has a decent udder and no milk to test at all. Fly at day 321 had a very large udder, but not firm and nipples not filled and milk is not testing ready yet but has started to turn sticky and yellow. So we have a few days yet. I'm not going to put the cam up tonight as I am certain they will not foal tonight and there are so many other mares on Marewatchers that are close and need the eyes. I'll update when I think they are getting closer.

Wonderful Amanda. We trust you, and look forward to seeing more of your little ones arriving.

Sleep well -- while you can!

Today Fly seems to be gettting serious about being next up. she's at day 321 and her udder is huge, nipples are filling, milk is yellow, medium sticky, starting to feel oily.

321.JPG

Buffy's at day 326, but her udder is not big enough yet, and no milk to test at all.

326.JPG

Nellie is at day 317 and has started her udder, but she typically only makes an udder the week before, so she is not far from foaling.

305.JPG

Tomorrow, Dream and Ace will move out of the foaling stall to make room for Nellie to be under camera.

Keep us posted! VERY exciting!! Hope you got a little sleep the past few days, because it sounds like you're about to get very busy again!

Looking good
default_smile.png

Progress is being made. I'd say Fly will go possibly tonight, but more likely tomorrow night. Her nipples are filled nicely, udder is a little deflated from being outside all day but those nipples are twice as big as this morning. AND her milk is changing, pH is about 7.5 and hardness is 250. Milk is very oily, thick, yellow, sticky. Will likely put the cam on only her tonight as the other two are not doing anything to indicate an imminent foaling. And on a long weekend too, wouldn't that be wonderful!

And I'm including a few pics of Dream's foal Fox, out on a walk about with the dogs.
default_smile.png

IMG_2141.JPG DAy 322

IMG_2139.JPGIMG_2137.JPG

Praying for a safe and uneventful foaling for you!

And those pictures are just so cute!

Well Fly dragged me through the entire long weekend with no sleep. She read the foaling book and she was gonna follow it by gosh. She waxed, dripped milk and had pure lovely white milk by the time she finally decided to foal Sunday at 930pm. Another lovely pinto colt, looks a whole lot like little Fox (Dream's foal). I think I'll call him Emmanuel (Manny for short) in honor of the day he was born.

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG

Buffy will be next up, her udder is nicely filling but no milk to test at all yet, so we've a bit of a break to relax and get a little more sleep.

Nellie is just starting a udder.

Hoping for a filly, but the odds seem stacked against me.

Oh foaling details: Water broke (Yay not a red bag), sack appeared, one foot. Fair bit of pushing, went in and found nose, and further back by his ear I found foot two. Brought it up and delivered him. Fairly routine foaling. Fly's second baby, both have been colts. She loves him, she's always nibbling on one piece or another of him. LOL

Many congrats - such a well marked little boy Amanda. Hoping that the filly fairy visits you soon to sort the other girls out for you.
default_yes.gif

Definitely a HANDSOME boy! We'll be praying for the filly fairy to make a stop at your place with the next "round" !! Thanks for the pictures.....another Easter rabbit! (bunny sounds too feminine -- LOL)

Buffy's udder is maxed out but her nipples are still pointing in and not filled, so she has a few days to go I'd say. Nellie is just chilling and waiting for everyone else and then she'll get herself in action.

Here is Buffy's udder, day 334.

334.JPG

Fabulous! Remember, all that can happen in minutes! Beautiful udder, by the way!

Oooooooo she cant have much longer to go with that beautiful udder!! Good luck!

Buffy's milk is now easier to express, got enough to test and it was pH 7.8 and hardness 250. Consistancy is oily, yellow and sticky. With any other mare in my barn i'd be on medium alert but Buffy has always gone to the white milk stage and even dripped for 24 hours once, so she'll go a ways yet. But she'll be up on cam and I'll be watching her all weekend, just in case.

Well, you KNOW this year almost no one is following their previous 'histories' -- so I think you're very smart to be watching her. Good thinking!

Latest posts

Back