Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diane has she been tested? I would have sworn she was liver chestnut bwdik
laugh.gif

What made me doubt was that as far as I know (not that I know much)
laugh.gif
Seal browns have Pangare too which your lovely lady doesn't. Liver chestnuts may be identified by small amounts of reddish hair on the lower legs, mane and tail which she does have.
yes.gif

Good job I only register with one or I would be totally lost
rolleyes.gif

WOW!! lots of chatting going on here - sorry I've been a bit busy and seem to have missed loads!
default_yes.gif

Love the pics of your pretty cows Cassie, and of course those of the FAB FINN!
default_wub.png

That's a very pretty mare Diane - but however hard I looked at her pictures, I couldn't see the few chestnut hairs that Renee spotted - must try to find my old glasses!!

I'm absolutely useless with colours - would love to have you lot come over here and tell me what my minis are - as far as I'm concerned I have blacks, bays, the odd spotted, piebalds, skewbalds, chestnuts and duns!! Just beginning to think there might be the odd silver and perhaps a bit of sabino here and there, but that's it. LOL!! Of course now I have started adding Dragon to the mix, heaven only knows what these youngsters are? All I know is that they will ALL get tested for LWO before I try breeding from them.
default_yes.gif

saludando.gif
Welcome back Jax, how are you?
saludando.gif

Cassie great pics, thank you.
cheekkiss.gif
You will have to get Finn tested to put us out of our misery.
new_rofl.gif

default_saludando.gif
Hi Eagle I am doing fine! How is your boy doing? I have not been posting lately but am still lurking to check out how all the foals like the adorable Finn are doing.
default_wub.png

lol Finn and the rest of my gang are all misery today, we have gone from two days of hot summer muggy weather back to the cold rainy weather lol gosh someone would think we live in England lol
default_rolleyes.gif
but we are LOVING the green grass!!!!
default_biggrin.png
the cows and the paddocks haven't looked this great in years!!!
default_laugh.png

Finn has his rug on today, only just fits over his porky little tummy LOL I might get him a proper horse rug soon...
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png
I love my little man and he has really settled down nicely now
default_wink.png
he hasn't reared up on me in weeks
default_aktion033.gif
and he isn't even nipping me as much, I growl at him if he does, he is missing his balls (the toy balls that he plays with not the others he still has those LOL) but my brother lost the inflater nib and so I can't pump them up... will try get one when I go to the shops today
default_yes.gif

I think it's the pinto because of Finn's blue fleck. If it stays of course! Have you got any recent pics of it?

However Suzie isn't a silver dapple (silver on black) she's a silver bay/chocolate taffy (silver on bay) and from memory the other sire was also silver bay/chocolate taffy so they could easily produce a bay.
default_smile.png
Both can have a dappled coat so it can get confusing when one is called 'silver dapple' and it's why I hate the term
default_new_rofl.gif

Silver dapples have a real silver quality to their coat, almost metalic at times.

SomthingSpecial04small.jpg

I know the appie gets in the way
default_new_rofl.gif
but you can see the silver grey through his coat.

Now compare him to this guy (not mine but the owner's don't mind)

jamas.jpg

He is one of the most spectacular silver bays/chocolate taffies in the ring. You can see he has dapples as well but he has that rich brown colouring that Suzie has as well. The silver bays also can get gold tones through the coat and mane/tail.

Can't help myself
default_new_rofl.gif
I'm a colour nut!

Now who is this?

Thats my new show gelding that I never fail to show off
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl Diane loves him 'cause he's an appie of course!
default_yes.gif
Silver Dapple/Black appie to be exact!

Not exactly sure what type of appie, I would have thought varnish but he has held that colouring quite consistently and I don't know how solid he was born. Any suggestions Diane? You can answer the spotty questions and I'll take the dilute ones
default_new_rofl.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl I was checking in on my phone earlier and misunderstood.
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl Diane said "MY new boy" I was trying to figure out when she got a new one and didn't tell us
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
. He is a gorgeous guy and you should show him off every chance you get
default_drool5.gif
:drool
default_drool5.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl I was checking in on my phone earlier and misunderstood.
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl Diane said "MY new boy" I was trying to figure out when she got a new one and didn't tell us
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
. He is a gorgeous guy and you should show him off every chance you get
default_drool5.gif
:drool
default_drool5.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl Don't encourage her! Everytime she says she's getting the jet ready for a trip I have to go hide him just incase
default_wink.png

That's right -- keep him hidden!!!!

But, actually I was VERY careful to say "MY" new boy with quotes around the "MY" -- so I can't really claim him -- but my intent is there!
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

No new horses here -- except for hopefully some nice upcoming babies -- then a few more have to leave as these finances are killing me!
default_wacko.png

I need to stay off my phone it gets me in trouble all the time. Diane, so which one is up first?

Well, I thought it was Blessie -- but now I'm not sure. She had me scared a couple of days ago -- acting and walking very strange like the nerves were being pressed on. She's a mare who will NEVER let you near her, but she actually let me walk up to her and TOUCH her! I thought she was dying on me! But, the next day she was back taking off for far away places when I entered the paddock.

I'm going to stall all of them over the weekend, worm and do the "ring test" so maybe once I can get her tied up I can tell better. I'm just hopeful she didn't lose this baby this year. I really expected her to be much bigger than she is appearing right now -- so maybe the "ring" will tell me!
default_wink.png
hope she is in foal for you Diane... should she be close??

Oh I do so agree Renee - come on Diane, let's have some pictures plus dates for those in foal.
default_yes.gif

Had a bit of an 'incident' here early yesterday morning - not good for my already fragile nervous system!

Without going into long details (but knowing me I will!) we have been doing masses of work here over the last few days clearing out our two huge old stone barns (full of stables, horse stuff and rubbish) ready for a building inspector to arrive (this morning t 9.30am) to give us permission to start work converting them into residential dwellings. We re-made the home-made stables under another old tin barn for the 3 boys and moved them across on the Wednesday afternoon. Mootie was quite happy to have his old stable back again in spite of the open aspect to the 'fresh air'!! (16x14 foot space). But Dragon and PT had to share their space (8x14) so not so happy about this!! Put up a big solid wall between them as Dragon not that happy about sharing wall space with others - he races round and round and launches himself at the walls until he settles down, bit of a pest as these times. Anyway they all settled by teatime so that was great.

Got up yesterday morning (Thursday) and went out to feed - NO DRAGON!! The 'hurdle' that formed his door was open, several piles of droppings on the floor around the barn, brooms scattered on the floor too, plus an empty feed bin upturned and its lid had been pushed in under the 'hurdle' door of Mootie's stable. But no sign of my naughty boy. Heart stopping moment when I realised that he had access to our garden and therefore to two open field gates leading to the mares!!

Luckily he had followed the route across the garden to the field that he knows as he gets turned out there when the mares are elsewhere and I found him on the far side of a snowy 4 acres trotting up and down the mares fence with one or two of the younger girls watching him - the rest had obviously decided that he was nothing to be bothered about and were in the next field over eating the hay we had put out the day before. Armed with a food bowl and headcollar I tramped across to get him - shut the field gate behind me as a precaution! But I was not too hopeful of getting him - 4 acres is a big space to cover and Dragon is not the easiest boy to handle with girls around - usually leave it to Cathy! But having tramped all the way to the far fence to collect him I was so relieved when he left the fence and came to me to see what I had in my interesting looking bowl! His attention was taken by the food for just long enough for me to pop on his headcollar and 'secure' him before he remembered 'GIRLS' and came to life in no uncertain words!! The journey back across the field was made in stages - worried I might slip over! - with my hand firmly through his headcollar cheek piece and round the noseband, walking a distance, halts with loads of praise and a small nut treat from my other hand as a reward. He only exploded once, on his hind legs, front feet waving (not at me) but I had a firm hold on that headcollar and being only 28" (American) his head is no higher that my shoulder at times like this, and with a firm 'NO', a shake of his headcollar, the moment passed - thankfully!

Never was I so glad to get him safely back in his stable - of course, now well wound up, he spent the rest of the morning racing round and round and screaming his head off!! Had it been either Mootie or PT who had escaped, I would still have had 'trouble' getting them all the way back away from the mares, but neither of them stand up or kick out in their excitement and for some reason, do not seem to have the 'strength' of Dragon when handling them under difficult circumstances.

By the way, we came to the conclusion that PT had reached through his front 'gate' and undone the string (baler twine) that was holding Dragon's door shut!! Dragon spent last night well and securely tied in his stable with three impossible to undo string ties on his door and PT received a strong lecture in not letting his friend out!
default_yes.gif

Plus, glad to say that the Building Inspector has just left, saying all was well and that we could go ahead with the conversion - not that we can afford to do it right now, but having got his OK within the dates required by officialdom, we can now either take our time, or sell off the barns to someone else (hopefully have a friend who might be interested) which will then enable us to afford to keep the rest of the farm - without this man's OK we would have been completely lost! So all in all it has been a very tense time over this past week and we now have to go full steam ahead over the next couple of weeks to persuade friend to invest (would be brilliant!) or to re-finance if at all possible! Not out of the 'woods' yet but maybe a glimmer of light at the end of this dark tunnel?
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back