Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a little monster now
default_new_rofl.gif
so back to usual! Although we have a few trust issues steming from sticking icky paste down her throat. I have to keep tricking her into getting close enough to catch. Rivain has been a trooper though
default_wub.png
Couldn't have done it without her cooperation!

It was Tinker's turn to be santa this year, last year it was Derbys!

Much easier then trying to make them dress up!
default_new_rofl.gif

Lyric and Rivain finished their meds today
default_laugh.png
Just got to get Lyric to forgive me now
default_new_rofl.gif

My mentors dropped by and assessed them. Height wise Sterling is 25" Storm is 25.5" and Lyric could not be caught but is a bit bigger so we are assuming 26" to 26.5"

Lyric: Despite the fluff on her they think she's a nice type with a very elegant slightly dished face. Her colour has started to deepen so she is likely to be quite a golden colour when mature. Her legs are superb and her movement is to die for, beautiful paces with a floating trot worthy of her sire
default_wub.png
Certainly a good show/breeding prospect and definetly not for sale!

The hope is to halter show her, herness train her and then alternate driving and breeding years until she is ten at which point she'll move permanently into the breeding herd.

Sterling: Perfect nature and possibly the best face of the three, very expressive and beautifuly shaped. Very neat conformation with an upright stance. Will be shown next year either as a colt or gelding and given his sire and half brothers show careers certainly has good prospects ahead of him. He is for sale but not listed as I do want to show him myself next year.

Storm: Definetly being run on as a colt prospect. Everything about him is long and proper, potential for big movement although he might need to mature into it. His face is not quite what is popular now but certainly won't be plain or ugly, more like a Thoroughbred then an Arab. Might chase height a bit and jump from mini to small horse and back depending on height for age rules. Colour is the icing on the cake as a genetic and visible pintaloosa he has a lot to pass onto foals. Not for sale at this time but has a lot to prove if he wants to stay as a stallion.

Both really liked Lyric, said I'd be nuts to sell her. One liked Sterling better and the other liked Storm
default_new_rofl.gif

So my breeding herd did themselves proud this year!
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting

Obviously they have to face the challenges of the ring which starts for Lyric in January and she's up against some very strong competition who will be prepping for Nationals (Lyric is only got to States.)

And rounding off the foaling/breeding season Fantasy has been covered by Pallidon in hopes of a 2012 foal!

Outside of Lyric's show prep things with the foals will quieten down here while I focus on the big shows. I'll be weaning in April when I get back from Nationals and handling/training them over the winter.

So I guess this is the best time to say a huge thank-you to you all for following my first full fledged breeding season, thanks for the hours of support, thanks for cheering on the good times and grieving with me over the bad. Thank-you so much for being along for the ride and I look forward to following your own threads and seeing you in my 2012 thread!
default_biggrin.png

(And no I'm not vanishing, you can't get rid of me that easily! Just felt like it was the time to semi-wrap up this journey
default_yes.gif
I'll keep you updated on the major stuff!)

aktion033.gif
Sounds like a very nice bunch
yes.gif

Is there any way we could get a recent picture of each
wink.gif
wub.gif

Great assessment. Sounds like your on your easy wonderful. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your journey so far. You better not disappear. Hugs

You must be so proud of your furry babies
pony1.gif
Thanks for letting us into your world and sharing this journey with us. I have learnt loads and giggled plenty. May these new babies be part of your family for many years to come.
smileyblowingkissmp8.gif

aktion033.gif
Sounds like a very nice bunch
yes.gif

Is there any way we could get a recent picture of each
wink.gif
wub.gif

Maybe I'll try to get them all in the one photo? Unlikely the way they DON'T hold stil
default_new_rofl.gif

I've really loved having you all along, way better then annoying my friends and family with "does this udder look different? and related topics they don't want to know about! I also think one of the most important things for breeders is to talk, I've learnt so much from other people's experiences and I hope someone is able to gain somthing from mine
default_yes.gif

Oh Bree, the 'journey' this far has been brilliant, so I also want to say that I hope we can continue to share your future journey/s with your special minis and to thank you so much for welcoming us to your farm and for allowing us to be part of your life this past summer/winter.

Wishing you all the best for the future and looking forward to lots more 'sharing' times.
default_yes.gif

Oh and congrats on your babies, we all knew they were special, so it was nice to hear that your mentors agreed with us!!

Bree that is so exciting for you!!
default_aktion033.gif
YAY!! I sure hope you don't dissapear on us!
default_unsure.png
LOL

your babies are very very special! so glad the mentor had good things to say!!
default_biggrin.png

As if I'd vanish! Who would I annoy with constant mini talk if I did that?
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Need to clip Lyric as son as the weather shifts so I'll pop some shots of that here as well as the photo forum
default_yes.gif

As if I'd vanish! Who would I annoy with constant mini talk if I did that?
default_new_rofl.gif

Need to clip Lyric as soon as the weather shifts so I'll pop some shots of that here as well as the photo forum
default_yes.gif
YAY please do!! LOL I'm afraid that you will have to wait till next summer for this weather to shift!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

I'm in a jumper and long pants and its 6 days till Christmas!!!!!! its Madness I tell you! I now know why all the foals were born fluffy! they knew there wasn't going to be a summer this year!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

hope you get some good weather down there to clip your lovely Lyric can't wait to see her clipped out!!
default_yes.gif

I need it warm enough to wash her properly and then I want to clip her outside so she can see her mum and Storm and Sterling can watch!

I need it warm enough to wash her properly and then I want to clip her outside so she can see her mum and Storm and Sterling can watch!
have you had warm enough weather yet??!!!
default_unsure.png
default_rolleyes.gif
can't wait to see the pics of Lyric all clipped up and GORGEOUS!!!
default_wub.png

hoepfully she will be good so Storm and Sterling learn what they should do not what they shouldn't do hehe

would love to see pics when you get her clipped!!
default_aktion033.gif

Well I started but she is not fond of the clippers and her foal coat is really tough to get through! Keeping the sessions short and finishing when she's being good, she's improving with each one! Spent the day out helping family prep for xmas so didn't get anything done, maybe I'll get another chunk done tomorrow. Photos as soon as she is done though
default_yes.gif

Her halter's on the way over from America as well
default_laugh.png

Lyric had her first show today
default_laugh.png

Champion Amateur Owned Miniature Foal/Weanling

Champion Open Owned Miniature Foal/Weanling

Best Classic Trot Miniature Exhibit

Pics later in the week! Need to wait for the pro to sort through them, I never get any time to photograph them!

yahooo well done
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
we all knew she was a cracker
aktion033.gif

And she loved it! Loved the atmosphere, loved being around all the other horse, chilled out when back at the float (flopped down four times for a snooze) and by the end of the day she was placing her front feet in the right spot all by herself!

Oh WOW!! Well done!! Congratulations!!

How dare you zoom off to a show with our fav girl and not tell us beforehand so that we could share in the anticipation and excitement!
default_rolleyes.gif

Now round up those picture asap!!

aktion033.gif
GO LYRIC!!!
aktion033.gif

That is awesome!! Can't wait to see pictures of her at work!

Congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back