Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Great that they are both feeling better..hope it all clears away soon
default_yes.gif

Well done for spotting it so quickly Bree!

Hopefully they will both recover just as fast, bless them.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Thank goodness you were on it quick, I too am hoping for a fast and easy recovery
saludando.gif

Lyric was more interested in the feed at dinner time and she's back to nibbling at grass! Definetly still listless which breaks my heart, I want my sassy bratty filly back
default_yes.gif

Not drinking from Rivain yet so I'll have to milk her tomorrow, that will be fun NOT! Rivain isn't the biggest fan of her udder at the best of times!

I'll be watching them even closer then usual for the next few days to make sure things are picking up like they should, I don't want to take the chance of anything getting worse.

Sterling and Storm think all this fussing is great fun! They 'helped' the vet today
default_new_rofl.gif
good thing he finds the little turds amusing!

Well done for spotting it so quickly Bree!

Thank goodness you were on it quick, I too am hoping for a fast and easy recovery
saludando.gif

It's certainly driven home just how important it is too know what is 'normal' for your horses, even if you have 20! I'm glad I spend so much time out with them.

Although it does amuse me that one of the first warning signs was how accepting Lyric was of her halter lesson
default_new_rofl.gif

Yes bree I totally agree, I have a chair out by my fields and every day I sit out for at least 15 minutes and just watch them, it is hard now it is cold but it is the only way to keep on top of any possible problems. When hubby sees me he comments on what hard work it is to have horses. Lol

Wow so glad they are doing better! That was a good catch!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that sits outside and watches my babies. love watching them and they can bo so funny at times. hoping things continue to improve.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that sits outside and watches my babies. love watching them and they can bo so funny at times. hoping things continue to improve.

That's the best part of owning minis! I always say I own beautiful horses because I like to just watch them most of the time
default_new_rofl.gif

Although if I sit in with the broodies at the moment I get swamped by foals!

Lyric had a bit of spark back today, enough to chew on the top of my gumboot
default_biggrin.png
she's still pretty down and not helped by still not feeding off her mum. I'm begining to think that this will cause Lyric to wean early which will make Rivain's recovery a bit tougher
default_unsure.png
but she's letting me milk her, I got about 5 squirts out of each side before she got grumpy and wanted her breakfast to hurry up.

LYRIC IS BACK ON HER MUM!!!!

default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png

Was out to milk some pressure out of poor Rivain's udder as Lyric still hadn't returned to it. I think it must have been the smell because suddenly Lyric is on her feet, she sniff my hands showing more interest then she has since she got sick and then when straight to the udder. I held Rivain gently to encourage her to let Lyric drink and when she didn't give Lyric any reason not to my darling filly ducked under, locked on and started to slurp!

I wanted to dance and cheer right then
default_new_rofl.gif
but I managed to hold it in until she was done. Then I hugged Rivain (she put up with it, what a trooper!) and told her how she is the most amazing mare in the universe
default_laugh.png

I didn't have to milk Rivain this morning
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting
default_laugh.png

Lyric had taken enough out during the night!
default_new_multi.gif

Also Lyric tried to sneak away from me when I came in with my arms full of meds
default_new_rofl.gif
great signs!

I'm amazed at how much Rivain is putting up with this udder fiddling and squirting icky stuff in the mouth, she's being really paitent with it all. If I compared her to the sulky mare who arrived here and would run to the opposite side of the paddock when you entered it's like I traded horses! Lyric must be her thank-you gift
default_new_rofl.gif
"thanks for putting up with me when I was a total lunatic, here have you dream horse!"

No mentor yet, they're moving house and lost most of last week in fixing fencing at their new place but they're aiming for this week. I stole one of their show leads last show and am holding it hostage so they have to come for it at some point
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl I'll feed it to Sterling if they don't show up!

Sterling loves halter lessons because he loves grabbing the halters and leads in his mouth!

I think Storm's almost ready to try his own halter on as well
default_laugh.png

Lyric nicked off when she saw me coming out with the syringe full of antibiotic paste
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

I was so happy I wanted to hug her.... but I couldn't because she had nicked off!
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

I think we are past the worst of it
default_yes.gif

Maybe I should sneak in some halter lessons while she is still slightly co-operative and quiet
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl She might remember it when she's healthy, spunky and full of herself!!

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Glad to hear that Lyric is getting back to her cheeky self!

And big ((((HUGS)))) for Rivain for being such a good girl, bless her.
default_wub.png

Love your Christmas card/picture Bree.
default_yes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back