Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw how cute!! I wish Finn would stop nipping n rearing! Any tips Bree?Would love to see some more pics of your crew!
biggrin.gif

Cassie Storm still tries it on every now and again. I either redirect him with a growl if he tries but if he makes contact I will smack and growl. No different to the mares who will squeal and bite them
default_wink.png
If they rear at me I shove them and growl. Never give ground, always remove them from your space.

Sterling as a day old:

sterling 01.jpg

Sterling now:

(not the best pics, I was losing light and Storm wouldn't leave me alone to photograph him!)

sterling 15.jpg

sterling 16.jpg

sterling 17.jpg

I love how rich his colouring is under that foal fluff and he still has the sweetest little face!

Sterling is still the most gorgeous foal evr!!! Everything tht I love!
wub.gif
Storm WOW!! He doesn't seem like the same horse lol Cool thanks for the advice
biggrin.gif
Do you always make sure they come back up to you before you leave? Or do you walk away after they have been naughty? He has been getting better especially since penny has been with them
rolleyes.gif
He loves her n if he gets to close or tries to rear up on her she squeals n turns her back to him, she even bit him back okay lol hmmm I wonder if I bit him back it would work hehe
new_rofl.gif

Sterling is still the most gorgeous foal evr!!! Everything tht I love!
wub.gif
Storm WOW!! He doesn't seem like the same horse lol Cool thanks for the advice
biggrin.gif
Do you always make sure they come back up to you before you leave? Or do you walk away after they have been naughty? He has been getting better especially since penny has been with them
rolleyes.gif
He loves her n if he gets to close or tries to rear up on her she squeals n turns her back to him, she even bit him back okay lol hmmm I wonder if I bit him back it would work hehe
new_rofl.gif

I'll let them approach when I'm ready or I'll invite them back, but if the behaviour starts up again I'll just push them away and leave. They never hold it against me
default_wink.png

Goodness Bree, they certainly have grown!! Methinks you should post pictures more often.
default_yes.gif

But they are a pair of very handsome young lads.
default_wub.png

Oh I love them
wub.gif
Thank you for all the pictures! Love the colors!

Can we hear your growl, Bree
biggrin.gif
lol... Ricky doesn't always respond to my yell to him. He nips and rears constantly now almost when you are with him. I need to set him straight fast. Maybe a growl or other alarming sound will work. My husband is SO loud and Ricky responds right away but I know people down the road can hear him and I won't be THAT loud lol

MeganH said:
1327585251[/url]' post='1442591']Oh I love them
wub.gif

biggrin.gif
lol... Ricky doesn't always respond to my yell to him. He nips and rears constantly now almost when you are with him. I need to set him straight fast. Maybe a growl or other alarming sound will work. My husband is SO loud and Ricky responds right away but I know people down the road can hear him and I won't be THAT loud lol
The joys of having colts hey Megan lol I tied to find the sound that Finn reacts to... It may not be any louder then the rest but it might be the tone? Just an idea
biggrin.gif

MeganH said:
1327585251[/url]' post='1442591']Oh I love them
wub.gif

biggrin.gif
The joys of having colts hey Megan lol I tied to find the sound that Finn reacts to... It may not be any louder then the rest but it might be the tone? Just an idea
biggrin.gif

LOL!! Bree - can you also do a nice deep WOOF to go with your GROWL!!
default_biggrin.png

I dont think the 'sex' of a foal comes into it. We have had fillies who have been right little wotsits and colts who are really sweet and gentle. My two this year have both been 'pains' but the filly is more sensitive and a few firm 'ah ha's' over time has put a stop to her biting ideas. However the little swine of a colt has the biting down to an art - creeps up behind you while you are busy doing something to one of the other minis and CHOMP he's got you!! Have now taken to whirling round, shouting and chasing off after him across the field (he has no fear). He thinks this is a great game, rushes off, leaping and bucking in a large circle, to return to stand watching you, waiting for another chance to creep forward!! He could do with weaning - might take the wind out of his sails?? (he's just coming 6 months) But things are just too complicated here right now for us to give the correct time to him and his girl friend, so they will have to wait another couple of weeks or so (neither Momma mare is in foal and both are still as fat as pigs, so no harm being done!)

Funny thing is that when we catch hold of him to trim his feet, he stands perfectly still and never tries biting! So I think it is mostly a play, fun, excitement at having humans to terrorise thing, rather than something he really means to do?????

Anna, I'll have to watch and see if my foals do this. At least I have ya'll wonderful stories to give me ides on how to dtop it if they do.

Cassie thanks for sugesting different tones. Have to remember that.

Bree they have really grown and just as beautiful.

Thanks guys! I'm so happy with them
default_laugh.png
After the show season I'll bring them up to the top paddocks again and start all their training. I'll be advertising Sterling once that happens and I'm hoping he sells before the show season, otherwise I'll have to choose between him or his half brother Derby for the last space in my float and I really think next year could be Derby's year in the performance ring! Oh well, I'll deal with that when it comes to it
default_yes.gif

I can't believe how dark Storm has gotten, at this rate he'll be darker then his mum!

If growly sounds don't work you can try a loud "OI!" sound
default_new_rofl.gif
it works great on Storm!

oh are you selling Sterling? lol don't tempt me Bree LOL

lol I'm sure all their training will do great your such a good mum!!

Thansk cassie
default_laugh.png

Sadly I have to sell Sterling, I would love to run him on and compete him for awhile but as I said I may not have room in the float. He is such a sweetheart he deserves his own special home but it will be hard seeing him go.
default_sad.png

He'd look lovely in amongst your lot
default_yes.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

LOL and I would LOVE to have him!!!! but I don't think I would be able to give him the show life he deserves!!
default_no.gif
I doubt that I will ever be massive into showing, unless I quit the vets and don't work as much... lol

but maybe someday I will have a foal as gorgoeus as him!!! maybe with blue eyes!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wub.png
hehe hey I can dream can't I? LOL

are you selling him as a stallion?
default_laugh.png

I'll be listing him as $2500 as a colt and $2000 as a gelding with me doing the op at my expense. I think he has colt potential so I'm happy to have him leave her intact if someone wants him for it but I think my perfect home for him would be as a youth show horse
default_biggrin.png
He's just such a sweety, really soft and willing so kids wouldn't have any trouble with him. Derby's developing well in the performance ring and Lyric's halter career has started nicely so I think he has the potential to do a lot of things!

Keep dreaming! Nothing wrong with it, without a dream I wouldn't be where I am now
default_laugh.png

I had 2 colts in 2010, Chip was a bitter but he was an honest one, he would just bit anything and always
rolleyes.gif
Dipinto was much sweeter but as time has past he has got a bit naughty, he is similar to Anna's boy, he gets jealous if I talk to someone else so he will come up behind and nip my bum
new_shocked.gif
and then do a runner all happy with himself.
rolleyes.gif
I must admit it makes me laugh too so I am probably not much of an Alpha mare
new_rofl.gif

Ricky is jealous like your boys. When I am giving Laney attention he will come out of nowhere and nip my butt, calf or ankles. Before we left for PA, I was in Ricky's pen giving him love and walked to the fence line to give Laney some (how dare me! right?) that was the first time Ricky nipped my butt. He stood there pouting as I rubbed Laney. Ears back and turned his butt to me. Little booger.

Ricky is jealous like your boys. When I am giving Laney attention he will come out of nowhere and nip my butt, calf or ankles. Before we left for PA, I was in Ricky's pen giving him love and walked to the fence line to give Laney some (how dare me! right?) that was the first time Ricky nipped my butt. He stood there pouting as I rubbed Laney. Ears back and turned his butt to me. Little booger.
Try turning you back on him and walk backwards towards him, if he doesn't move away try lifting a leg as if you are a mare about to kick
laugh.gif
it works with Dipinto
yes.gif

Try turning you back on him and walk backwards towards him, if he doesn't move away try lifting a leg as if you are a mare about to kick
laugh.gif
it works with Dipinto
yes.gif

Haha just dont let your husband see you
default_laugh.png
or he will be calling you a stroppy mare next
default_laugh.png

So happy today just had the good news my baby has made the Welsh under 18's rugby squad
default_aktion033.gif
so proud
default_yes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back