Just started the Marestare cams

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naughty Dreamer, I was so convinced that she was going to foal last night! How can she still be keeping that baby in there?

Still she seems to be enjoying a nice freshen up/groom right now so maybe she will feel happy to introduce herself to her new child in the next FEW hours!!

Anna

Is anyone watching the black and white mare...is something trying to happen? She looks like she is holding her tail out and walking circles a lot in the stall. May be nothing...I am just paranoid after my experience last Sunday. Makes me nervous!

Now she is eating...ahhh, I have to quit watching this! Gonna drive myself crazy!

default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't she look cute with her new hairdo! Lets hope it brings a baby
yes.gif

she isn't peeing, just going into the stance and then pushes, she has peed though so no problems there, just more pushing like actions.

Has Dreamer had any development in her udder? Has she had fescue? I am worried that if she has then she might have a toxicity, and that would delay the progress of labor and she wouldn't have milk after foaling. Also I have read where the sack will be too thick for the foal to break. She seems to be straining a lot, could be contractions but could be a problem. I tend to err on the side of caution, I would have the vet check her. Just my 2 cents.

Wow Tina, I can't believe you don't have a little foal yet!!!! will be watching her extra close today!! she can't keep her baby too much longer!!], please give us an update on milk and such
default_laugh.png

She certainly looks very unsettled, bless her. Hopefully the new baby will put in an appearance tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed for her.
default_yes.gif

Anna

Talked with the vet again and she feels that the baby is sitting in the canal and putting weight on her bladder which is causing her to go into the pee stance. Vet is scheduled to come out on Wednesday if needed.

I wish I could offer some advice or great words of wisdom but I cant. But I do want to send you a big hug. IM sure the waiting and worrying is driving you crazy...its so emotionally draining especially when you watch your little mares looking so uncomfortable. Just know we are all thinking of you, Dreamer and Sugar

The cams will be going back to both girls tonight. Sugar needs to be watched too. She has had 3 nights of very soft poops and is sitting at day 339 today. Dreamer is sitting at day 356 today.

Back