Just started the Marestare cams

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
About getting you computer up and running again! Now we are once again in great hands!!

lol the boy is from the group home that I work for. He needs to work off community hours so I was sent home and he got to work here. Ther was a little mouse that he found in that stall and he wanted to catch it. Of course it only came out once and then took off as soon as it seen him.

Can I just ask what the vets suggested as exercise for the girls if they arn't allowed near any grass? They can't mean that they want the girls confined to stables until they foal, coz everyone knows that plenty of exercise is the best thing for brood mares. Do you have a dry lot where they can go, I would think that if you have to do lead walks it is going to take a good chunk of time out of your daily routine. With all this extra worry about the girls, I think you need to rest as much as possible ready for when your girls need you, you dont really need to be using up extra energy doing a lengthly walkies routine - although we all know that we would do anything for the health and happiness of our girls.

Just checked and they both look happy and settled at the moment, bless them.
default_wub.png

Anna

We aren't allowed to turn them out until the vets know more so we have been hand walking them in the outdoor ring. They have been out 3 times today. Horses get put on stall rest all the time and everything is ok. They should be able to go a few days with only hand walking. The problem is that I have grass along the sand ring which is where I turn them out and I can't let them eat that right now. I was turning them out into a paddock but I fould that the cams I had out there were not working well and I didn't wantto leave them without eyes on them.

you poor thing Tina! how frustrating for you!! when are you meant to get the results back? so the vets could give you no idea on how long until they foal?? and seeing as you have mini's why didn't they bring out a smaller probe (or whatever it was can't remember the name sorry)

will be watching the girls tonight for you!! try and get some well deserved rest, us "aunties" are in the control tower!! HEHE
default_yes.gif

Dreamer up again, standing in the corner... Sugar still standing... she hasn't laid down at all (that I have noticed) in the last two nights... hmmm

Just tuned in and got excited when I saw Dreamer lying flat...guess she is just resting?! I just knew I was gonna see her and a cute little baby in that stall. Hopefully by morning.

Both girls looking happy just grazing round their stalls.

Tina, I'm sorry if it appears that I'm critisizing (cant even spell either?!) when I post or ask questions - at my great age I seem to have lost the ability to get my words to come out right or things to sound/read like I mean them to! I'm just so interested to know how other folks handle/cope with their minis, plus what their vets say or mean, so much more to learn about things and LB members are such a mine of info as far as I'm concerned.

In my opinion your girls are some of the best cared for, they look so healthy and happy they are a pleasure to watch. I love the way you spend the time with them, grooming etc - love their plaited manes.

I was just asking about their exercise coz I was just thinking of anything that might help them with the foaling when the time comes, bless them.

Hope you get some useful news from your vets today and saying prayers for you all.
default_yes.gif

Anna

I just wanted to let everyone know why the cams of turned off here. The tests came back and the babies are no longer viable. Thanks for all the wishes and prayers.

Omg i am so sorry, if there is anything we can do just shout. Sending hugs and prayers.

Renee

Latest posts

Back