Eagles Ring- Spice-filly,Lotus-colt,Coco-colt-new pics pg31 videos pg 32

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone . I wanted to share a few pics from today a little better.

got a name quick this time Eagles Ring Billy Bigelow by Buzz

likebilly_zpsa374c317.jpg

likebilly1_zps790e47ef.jpg

likebilly2_zpsbe1e4547.jpg

Here too is a link to a video marestare recorded and edited of his birth in case you missed it and want to see

He is just BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thank you for posting the video!! I was watching and thought I had time to take my dogs out but by the time I came back in and back to my computer your little guy was here!! You both are just wonderful helping your mare but at the same time knowing when to sit back and give her space. It seems you have both gentle and loving hands! Congratulations!!
default_yes.gif

Oh my goodness...I'm so envious! I have foal fever pretty bad now for sure...
default_pray.gif
Oh pleassssse let us all have adorable, healthy foals and mama's!!!
default_xreiter.gif

That's a great video Lori - just the right amount of help at the right time.
default_yes.gif

A word of warning to those doing their first foalings - Lori obviously knows and trusts her mares (and her mares trust her!), but a lot of mares can be a bit funny tempered once they get to their feet after the birth. If you have not foaled your mare before or have an unknown maiden, then please be careful as she may not be happy to have you near her new baby and may turn very protective, so keep 'tuned in' to your mare's attitude!

What a great video! Thanks for posting it, because I missed it as well. That momma really loves her baby! How sweet! They are both beautiful!

A word of warning to those doing their first foalings - Lori obviously knows and trusts her mares (and her mares trust her!), but a lot of mares can be a bit funny tempered once they get to their feet after the birth. If you have not foaled your mare before or have an unknown maiden, then please be careful as she may not be happy to have you near her new baby and may turn very protective, so keep 'tuned in' to your mare's attitude!
Not a horse, but I almost learned this the hard way today. Shayne had told me about a snotty cow (protective of her calf to the extreme), but I forgot as I was helping him with a different cow that had just taken out a panel on the way into the barn to calve. A calf walked toward me, and the cow came unglued; bellowed loudly, shook her head, snorted, rushed the fence, luckily I could climb it faster than she could cross the corral (when I had a chance to look, I saw it was the cow Shayne had warned me about).

I realize its different with cows and horses, as we typically don't work as closely with cows as we do our horses, but just a good reminder, to watch even "good" animals, cause their baby is usually more important than you.

Hey everyone I'm jumping forward from page 4

to let you all know our mare D'Armonds Darling Echo she was bred to our stallion Triple K Boogies Bow Tie came up empty. First year we didn't test our mares and rats I really wanted to see this cross

so our last mare to foal is Cedar Fields Coco Chanel -bred to Triple K Boogies Bow Tie

I am sure she must be in foal as she is getting FAT lol

but she isn't due till 6/29/13 based on 330-so It'll be awhile for us again

so I'll probably fade back to page 4 again before she is close

I've been checking and loving all the foals born this year

Meanwhile Twilight (Spices filly) and Billy Bigelow (Lotus colt) are having a blast playing together

Welcome back but where are the baby pics?? You know the drill, pics are a must here
default_smile.png

I am sorry to hear that Echo is open, will you do the same cross for next year? How about sharing a few pics of coco with us ? Oh and let me drool over Bow too
default_smile.png

I gotta get new baby pics.

But for now Cedar Fields Awesome Coco Chanel - Daughter of Cross Country Call Me Awesome

Coco is a maiden except she was our first due this year and she aborted her foal at 3 mos

so rebred to Bow again

Here is Coco a solid bay from such a flashy dam and sire

180771_1681981543786_1665017507_1536575_3632007_n.jpg

and our stallion Triple K Boogies Bow Tie-Bow is a sooty buckskin homozygous for black

bowmaybeframe2.jpg

We bred D'Armonds Darling Echo to Buzz for 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but we all know what she could be hiding in that solid coat!!! Sorry about missing out on your open mare, but can't wait to see the new pictures!!!

Diane that would sure be cool if Coco was hiding something wild under that solid coat

Here are a couple pics from today

not great but Spice and Lotus foals

Twilight (Spice's filly needing a clipping looking a bit like a sheep) and Billy Bigelow (Lotus colt)

like_zps59d8b7d5.jpg

and a picture of Spice with the babies in the background from today to looking a bit roughed up

but still my lovely babygirl

HPIM6366_zps5da64d04.jpg

lol I love Spice's "bad hair day" look
default_thumbup.gif
The babies look fantatsic.
default_yes.gif
Thanks for sharing.

Hey again we're back

Just put Coco in the foaling stall today she is 300 days 6/28 so were getting ready she will be our last mare to foal for 2013

our marestare is turned off for now I'll post the link again when it's back on

Last edited by a moderator:
Back