We have four beautiful babies this year... As you know, we lost two babies in addition to these four because we weren't present... Will be VERY DIFFERENT next year as we will have foaling cameras, alarms, and all you aunties watching... Plus, I won't have to work next year so I can help Toni with our own foal watching. We will have the funds available as I will be setting aside money from my dad's estate for the next two years, plus buying the farm... no pun there, ha-ha! with no mortgage. We will be on grass pasture in Missouri so won't have to contend with sand colic and heat.
Here's our line up for next year:
Casper - aka Wisteria Farms GMB Dream Come True (cremello stallion, LK Supreme Dream grandson):
* Lace - aka MMM Chantilly Lace (Black pinto Buckeroo granddaughter). This was a golden cross for us and produced a very tiny buckskin colt with his daddy's dishy head, but next time we would love a filly! (Even though she hasn't produced one for us yet... We might get pinto next year as her first foal was a silver black pinto colt by Rohan below, a solid silver black)
* Rain - aka Creta Hills Lotto Sweet Rain (black splash NORT daughter) This will be her first foal and I'm very excited... But, will be Toni's foal when it hits the ground running!
* Wind - aka Creta Hills Okie Winds A Blowing (smoky black sabino, a Lauralees Troublz Sweetn the Deal daughter).. Also a first for her and I'm hoping for a smoky cream baby...
* Shadow - aka X Calibers Little Shadow (black mare from old Komoko breeding lines). She's one of the mares who lost her foal this year. This mare and foal belong to Toni. This will be her last foal as we are retiring her.
Navajo - aka Freelands Geronimo Navajo Feather (a homozygous tobiano, with splash, bay son of Bear Branch Geronimo Feather) - This will be his first foals
* Design - aka HMM Designed For Destiny (a black splash tovero daughter by Concho - aka Running Creeks Destiny Buckeroo - he is an Alvadars Double Destiny grandson) - She foaled first and had the silver black splash pinto colt with blue eyes. She is the one that went 354 days! Hope she doesn't do that again!
* Annie - aka Thorny Rose Rocks Ann (a smoky black splash homozygous tobiano daughter of Jess Rocky Rabbit). This will be my first foal from her. This is the other mare that lost her foal because we didn't get out there in time. Toni and I will probably co-own this foal as it will be one of Navajo's first babies.
Wildfire - aka Creta Hills Spirits Wildfire (a buckskin tobiano son of Ten L's Spirits Afterglow) - This will be his first foals
* Feather - aka MMM Fancy Feather (black splash tovero daughter to Mini Bucks Fancy Freckles) - This will be her first foal
* Nikki - aka LTD's Fashionique (bay daughter of LTD's Man In Command) - Also her first foal
Hawk - aka LM Hawks Ace in the Hole (a black frame overo son of Champion Farms Nighthawk) I bred him before I found out he has produced dwarf foals... and I hope the mare didn't take!
* Miss Te - aka LTD's Miss Te (a sorrel sabino daughter of Sooner States TNT) She gave me the most beautiful and loving silver dunskin sabino filly by Running Creeks Destiny Buckeroo (aka Concho) ... Diva follows you all over the, ahem, pasture (with no grass). If Miss Te didn't take with Hawk, I'm going to breed her back to Concho after 45 days...
Rohan - aka Wesco Farms Rohans Echo ET (a silver, maybe smoky, black grandson of Buck Echo) and sire to the silver black pinto colt born first this year
* Freckles - aka Mini Bucks Fancy Freckles... Freckles gave me a very beautiful and friendly buckskin tobiano filly by Casper this year... I just wanted to try her out on Rohan to see what that cross produces.
We are in the process of buying Rohan's 3-year old silver bay daughter and Toni wants to breed her to Casper if we get her here early enough.
Kari (and Toni)