CLP Miniatures foaling cam More photos page 20!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6.30 and she has been up and down a few more times. She is not comfy she must be close to pushing now

She sure is uncomfortable. Prayers for a safe foaling and healthy baby and momma...again. (you can't have too many prayers)

Now just wait til I'm outta the shower!

Red Snow and I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday Parmela! :)

She is in active labor for sure - it is just a matter of progession. She is so uncomfortable. I feel so bad for her. Yes I am right here with her. I will not leave her side. :) Thank you all for all the prayers and well wishes. I sure do appreciate each and every one. :)

She really does look so uncomfortable. Praying for a safe and healthy foaling.

My son was watching her earlier and he was hoping to stay up and watch but I said she could foal in a few mins or a few hrs so no staying up. I think he was disappointed LOL

We have surprise birthday plans (the first year we've not had pregnant mares at our farm during my birthday) so won't be watching constantly for a couple hours. If someone thinks of It, will someone text me when she really gets down to business? 314.415.0050.

Red Snow, can you wait until I finish cooking steaks but not keep Connie up all night? Pleeeeeeeeeeez?

OMG I cannot believe she is laboring this long. I am worn out for sure. Come on sweet Red Snow - let's get this show on the road. :)

OMG I cannot believe she is laboring this long. I am worn out for sure. Come on sweet Red Snow - let's get this show on the road. :)
A couple of years ago Faith did the light labor for 3 days. She was up and down, sighing, breathing heavily, making grunting sounds, biting her legs and sides...all of it. Hopefully Red Snow will get the show on the road soon though.

She has NEVER labored this long. She also made a big fat liar out of me today. I just responded on Parmela's thread the other day that in 17 years I have never had a mare go off feed before foaling and guess what? She hasn't touched her supper today. I am just praying so hard that everything is okay in there. She doesn't look distressed so I sit here and wait, biting nails...............Just made a big pot of coffee because I think I'm going to be up for the night. Stinker.

Now I can watch Raven and Pacific pintos also. :) Maybe I can pull up Cassie's mare too! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I too didn't think she'd eaten all you'd given her, but I couldn't see for sure. Keeping the prayers coming.

Looking like maybe progress again. Up, down, pace, up, down. Go girl!

And nothing
default_thud.gif

4.15am and she is down resting. I was very surprised to see her alone when I woke up this morning, I guess she was just having problems with babies position last night.

I am sick with worry at this point. The only reason I have not had the vet come yet is because she is watching her via cam and Red Snow is not in distress. She is trying to keep me calm, but I am ready for a stroke any minute I think. I have never had a mare go this long in labor and my stomach feels sick that the baby is in the wrong position. I am definitely having the vet come in the morning to check her out and ultrasound her. I need some peace of mind here. My stomach hurts and I feel ill. She is not stressed out though. She is not sweating or struggling. Oh my nerves................

Connie please calm down! You need to be relaxed when she starts. Now I have no idea what is going on with her or with all the other girls that are doing exactly the same thing this year. I have never seen anything similar but many are doing it. Penny of Lil Pondarosa's mare Kitkat had been in what looked like labour for days and days and then Friday night she finally had an adorable colt. Jewels of Pacific has been doing it for nearly a week and Joanne scanned her and baby is fine and in the lift of position.
default_smile.png

Also the milk tests have been going up and down this year too
default_thud.gif
It must be this thing with the sun.
default_new_shocked.gif

Stay calm cos she will be fine and if you need some sleep just let us know.

I have been awake for 24 hours straight now. I will be calm as soon as I know she is okay. :) This is the longest labor on record here at CLP Miniatures for sure.

Thank you for letting me know about the other mares. I knew that Jewel was behaving badly (LOL). She is a maiden mare. It is good to know that other mares are doing this same thing. It does help to calm my nerves. I appreciate you sharing that with me Eagle.
default_cheekkiss.gif

I know it must be terribly worrying for you and it is easy for me to say "don't worry" cos it isn't my mare but I really am sure she is fine and just acting weird like many girls this year. Heather at MRF has also noticed that the girls aren't foaling when they test ready. So you aren't alone.
default_cheekkiss.gif
Why don't you get a few hours sleep. I will watch her until 7.00am your time then I have to go to my in-laws for lunch
hangman.gif

Latest posts

Back