UPDATE on Annie at CLP May 13th! She is ready to foal!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't he a fiesty one? LOL He just bops all over that stall and nurses like a champ!
default_yes.gif
default_new_multi.gif

What wonderful news this morning. Your vets must have been Johnny On The Spot to save that baby. The cam was still off when I went to bed and I was almost afraid to look this morning.

Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy and GOOD JOB to his human mom!

Congratulations on your new colt! Glad that turned out well. I was up last night long enough to see the cam back on and a live baby in the stall. That's great news!

Thank you so much. Honestly it was touch and go and it was a high stress birth for all of us, but God was watching over my barn for sure last night. I give all the credit to my wonderful vets whom I love so very much! Thank you all for being such a great support system also. I will post more photos in a little bit.
default_wub.png

Connie, hes just so cute and fiesty. Im pretty sure its safe to go get some rest now...all eyes are watching both. Congratulations on a beautiful colt and special thanks to your wonderful vets.

Congratulations on such a cute colt! I am so glad you were able to get him out ok. We had the exact same thing with our first foal this year, so totally understand the emotion and stress of it all, but thank God ours was so tiny and after the vet got his head popped up, she delivered him with the one leg back and that is how he got his name Superman because that is how Superman flew- one arm forward and one back. LOL! Great work by your vets!!

No Renee, I had two vets here. We had to sedate her and get her rearend lifted up to get the foal to drop back in and get the front leg forward. I could have never done that on my own. I am SO very blessed to have great vets. Annie is tired and sore, but she is going to be fine as well as her baby boy. He has the curliest hair. 3 socks, a star and a white tail.

Thank you ALL so very much!
default_wub.png
Wow, that is so great that you have two such awesome vets able to be on hand and help.

I'm so glad Annie will be ok, she is so gorgeous! do you think the colt will be roan like her? or chestnut?

Here he is outside! Not even 24 hours old yet! :)

P5152056.jpg

P5152043.jpg
oh he is tooo cute! I love his curly coat hehe, hi baby! just beautiful Connie! I love the big star! he is stunning! great save!!

I am thinking he is a silver bay or silver chestnut. Thank you for the compliments on Annie - she really is a beautiful mare. These are just candid pasture photos which do not ever show a horse in their best, but I like to share candid shots along with professional shots.
default_yes.gif
default_smile.png

My partner Jane will name this little boy. He is still nameless at this point.
default_wink.png

I am thinking he is a silver bay or silver chestnut. Thank you for the compliments on Annie - she really is a beautiful mare. These are just candid pasture photos which do not ever show a horse in their best, but I like to share candid shots along with professional shots.
default_yes.gif
default_smile.png

default_wink.png
Yay
default_smile.png
can we see some news piccies please Connie??
default_smile.png

default_yes.gif
default_smile.png

default_wink.png
Well he won't be silver chestnut because silver doesn't show on a red coat
default_smile.png

I agree with you on candid shots! I love a mix of those perfect pro shots and some paddock shots.

Thanks for the clarification on silver chestnut. I am so bad with colors. LOL - I will try to get some more photos of him this weekend! :)

Thanks for the clarification on silver chestnut. I am so bad with colors. LOL - I will try to get some more photos of him this weekend! :)
YAY
default_smile.png
thanks Connie
default_smile.png
don't worry I am so bad with colours too lol so maybe he could be chestnut with flaxen mane and tail... we shall see as he gets older
default_smile.png
he is so gorgeous though!

Oh yes - more pictures soon please Connie - they make such a beautiful pair together. I too like the 'natrural' paddock shots.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back