Moonlight ready to foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh your little girl is just gorgeous. I am so glad that all is well. Looking forward to some dry pics and you will have to tell us if you have picked a name

Beautiful pictures! What an adorable foal! Congratulations again!!
aktion033.gif

I just want to say thanks again to all of you!
default_wub.png

Moonlight and baby will be outside a few times throughout the day today to exercise baby's legs. She needs the exercise to gain strength and she loves to run around the yard.
default_wub.png

Ayden wants to name her either ClP My Girl or CLP Over The Moon. He is so darn cute.
default_smile.png
default_yes.gif

I will post some more photos of her when she is all unfolded in a few days!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
both names are great! Over The Moon is my pick
biggrin.gif

Oh isnt she just gorgeous and it didnt take her long to take off on those long legs. Congrats again on your gorgeous girl. Any name yet??

Oh she is absolutely gorgeous - thank you for the pictures Connie.
default_yes.gif

I just love her colour - what exactly do you call it?

I like 'over the moon' too.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I am thinking she is a gray tovero with two blue eyes. I will have her tested to see if she carries sabino. I'm pretty certain she is LWO, but will test for that also.

She is just so tiny and sweet.

She is adorable
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
She looks like she is glowing in her outside photo.

Love the name 'Over The Moon' but then it's on my foal name list as well so may be biased!

Connie thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to see the miracle of birth. I am so enjoying watching your new little one and her wonderful mother. Looking forward to see pics as she grows.
default_biggrin.png

Isn't LWO a fatal condition? I am still learning and would appreciate learning more about this. Thanks, Karen She is so adorable, I just love to watch her

I am thinking she is a gray tovero with two blue eyes. I will have her tested to see if she carries sabino. I'm pretty certain she is LWO, but will test for that also.

She is just so tiny and sweet.

Hi Karen - LWO can be a fatal condition for a foal should you breed two LWO parents together. If you breed a LWO positive stallion to a LWO mare there is a 25% chance to get a Lethal foal.

That is why it is important to have your horses tested before you breed them.

Here is a link to help you understand.
default_smile.png

Lethal White Overo

Look at her use those legs! She is beautiful!

My guess is that your pretty little girl is a Black Sabino Tovero....and most likely carries LW.

As you know, I once owned her 1/2 brother (same dam) "LTDs Moonstruck" and she looks just like him. He tested out to be black/sabino/LWO. AND.....I noticed your little girl has a very small dark black spot in the middle of her roaned marking on her right hip. Moonstruck had the very same marking....in the same place!

Here he is as a foal with his dam, Moonlight....

MoonieFoa1.jpg

And here after he came to live with me.....

Moonie4mo.jpg

And here he is as an adult, you can still see the very black spot on his right hip....

MoonieTreeCropped.jpg

And here is the most recent photo I have of him, that his new owners in Australia sent to me.

This was taken in middle of summer when his color is usually the lightest. It gets much darker

and more intense in winter. But...you can still see that the little round spot on his right hip

is still darker than the rest of the color.

Your little girl is simply darling...and I love the name "Over the Moon". :)

MoonieAustraliaSummerCoat.jpg

Dona thank you SO much for sharing your opinion and your photos of Moonstruck! I LOVE HIM as you know! I also LOVE many of the foals that he produced for you.
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
I will surely have the little miss tested to see exactly what color she is, but I really appreciate you jumping in and helping. These colors are always a challenge for me. ((( )))

Thanks again to all for the nice comments. I am "Over The Moon" in love with her also, so I guess Ayden's name pick will be the one we most likely go with. He loves his horses!
default_wub.png

~CLP OVER THE MOON~ She is a whopping 17.5".
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back