December photos/Equine Affaire: On Target Miniature 2012 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't choose Mary so I will take all 3
default_new_rofl.gif
They are gorgeous and great photos too
default_thumbup.gif
How happy are you?????

Oh thank you for the pictures and the updated news!! They are ALL simply gorgeous - each in their own special way!
default_thumbup.gif

Please keep the pictures coming as your girls and their babies are so special to us.
default_yes.gif

They are all just precious but that Bunny is something amazing!! I just melt every time I see her!!!

I posted these on FB and on the video forum but wasn't sure the "aunties" would see them. Taken today, so Bunny about 8 weeks and Clyde about 6 weeks. Wow time passes quickly Halter breaking training is going well too.

Bunny:

http://s84.photobuck...nt=P1050477.mp4

Clyde:

http://s84.photobuck...nt=P1050483.mp4

Confession to make... we changed our mind and bred 2 mares for next year. Mira is not one of them, too risky.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I don't jinx anything by putting it down... but you know we said that no matter what, we were taking next year off. Then we thought about how wonderful Clyde came out, didn't need the vet or the hospital... and we can't really use Toffee for the 4-Hers because she is so untrusting. So we decided to breed her. Teased her 2 days, then she came in heat and Buckshot "told" us by sticking his head through that same stall window where Clyde and Bunny were born. Then I thought, if we are going to all that trouble and we have all those cams, and it is so much better to have 2 foals for company (you see where this is going?), then we should breed another mare. We ruled out Mira because of her dystocias, she gets daily Regumate most of her pregnancy whether she needs it or not, and of course the thumps. Sox will be perfect for the 4-Hers and has already been started driving training (can you picture her driving pairs with Princess?? we can!). So we decided it should be.... Dancer, our Little Wardance daughter.. who conveniently came in heat just as we made the decision. So the last week (week before this one) we alternated breeding them and now we wait, tease, and hopefully ultrasound. Dancer is still a 4-H project for this year and still being shown by us.

You know what Toffee looks like - this is Dancer (courtesy of Getitia Matheny)

lastdance7.jpg

wow thanks for the videos I love Bunny so much and Clyde is just stunning!! that movement is amazing!! no wonder why you want to repeat the mating!!

Dancer is lovely her foal will be gorgeous too! I am already excited for your foals next year!! so happy your going to have another go
default_smile.png

rest assured we will be glued to the screen in 1 years time when your two lovely mares are up on camera
default_smile.png
:)

Thanks for the videos! I love all your babies!

Dancer is beautiful. This year's foals are lovely, and next year's should be as well.

wow Mary Dancer is gorgeous,this sure will be a baby to look out for. Thanks for sharing the videos, I can't believe 8 weeks have past, your babies just get better and better
default_smile.png

Oh those videos are brilliant Mary, your babies are fabulous - can we have one of little Snappy too please!

I cant wait to help with the watching of your two girls next year (Dancer is so beautiful), keeping my fingers crossed they are both in foal.
default_yes.gif

What a wonderful bunch of foals! Thanks for sharing videos. You have worked so hard with your program it only seems natural for you to continue. Congrats on the pending foals next year. Dancer is beautiful!

There she is - Snappy the little poppet! I think she's perfect - maybe she doesn't have the 'flair' of movement of Bunny and Clyde, but I bet she will hold her own very well in the show classes for the small ones!!
default_thumbup.gif

Toffee and Dancer were ultrasounded yesterday and both are IN FOAL!!! I haven't even calculated due dates yet but last breeding dates were May 25 for Toffee and May 28 for Dancer.

New pic of Dancer (taken 6/14 after the US!):

P1050555.jpg

And also of Clyde in halter training:

P1050540.jpg

Dancer is beautiful! She is sure to give you something gorgeous! Cute little Clyde looks like he is doing well!

YAY!! so glad Dancer is in foal! she is STUNNNING!!! YAY can't wait to see what Toffee produces next year! yippee!

nw look at Clyde goo!! awesome little man! so handsome thanks for the update!

I agree Mary, she is stunning! Congrats on the girls being pregnant
default_thumbup.gif
more fun next year then
default_488.gif
Thanks for the update pic of Clyde, he looks all grown up and serious
default_smile.png

Ooooo how did I miss the announcement about Toffee and Dancer? Congratulations Mary - roll on next year for two very beautiful babies!

And jus look at that Clyde - looking so important and behaving beautifully.
default_thumbup.gif

Wow Dancer is one stunning girl - cant wait to see that cross.

Love Clyde - I wish you lived closer I have a few girlfriends for him LOL

Well at 330 days it would be April 20th for Toffee and April 23rd for Dancer

Thanks for, well, EVERYTHING! I could not have done it without you and look forward to your help next year... well in less than 10 months. I figured due dates at 320 days so got April 10 for Toffee (which is my birthday, so how cool is that?) and then April 13 for Dancer.

And please don't tell Clyde but we are planning surgery for him, maybe even before he is weaned. We don't need another stallion, and certainly not over 34", which I am pretty sure he will be. But driving is defintiely in his future. We do not show babies - just too paranoid about them getting sick - but can't wait to show Clyde and Bunny next year - Pinto and AMHR!

Don't think I mentioned that Dancer is splash and tobiano, and of course both mares have those lovely blue eyes. Buckshot is tobiano and possibly splash too, and whatever pattern causes the high and irregular white on the legs??

Here is a new photo of Snappy with my husband. We take a ton of photos but most of the latest ones are of the 4-Hers. Needless to say they ALL LOVE the babies.

P1050576.JPG

Latest posts

Back