Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both beautiful heartwarming videos to cherish. Thank you for taking and sharing with us. Sounds like to night may just be the night...wishing you lots of luck and happy foaling....see if you can get your great video person on speed dial again. ...!!!

Praying for a safe and uneventful foaling of a healthy little one. Can't wait to hear!

Good morning! No news yet, she's waiting for just the right moment. You know, the moment that only she knows. The moment when no one is looking...
default_new_rofl.gif

Well folks, nothing to report yet except that she is quieter and has lost her appetite. That's concerning because all our other mares just hoovered their feed up no problem right up until minutes before foaling! Any thoughts?????

A lot of mares go off their feed in late pregnancy - the foal is pretty full sized by then and there is not much 'stomach' room available. Try giving her a few very small feeds to see if she will cope, but as long as she is getting plenty of grass/hay to nibble at plus her minerals and vitamins, she wont come to any harm.
default_yes.gif

She barely touches her hay, just a few nibbles, and just a few nibbles of grain. Her food looks like it hasn't been touched at all. I'm hoping tonight is the night, I worry too much I know, but we just want everything to go well!

I am hoping for you!! How about some new photos, when you have the chance of course! I am praying for a safe and easy delivery!!

Trixie, ah Trixie. I have no news to report at all. If anything, she looks less pregnant now! I saw baby kicking a week ago so I know she is preggers. Milk testing at 7.8 to 8. Her udder is nothing to write home about. She's driving me bonkers!!!
default_impatient.jpg
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_gaah.gif

Back