Moonlight ready to foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to say Congratulations!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

While we couldn't see the actual birth well, it was nice to see it going smoothly, with humans staying quietly in the background and not rushing around like fools and upsetting the mare. It was quick, textbook and quiet. Bravo to all. And I love this mare and the sire of the filly. Any names picked out yet?

Lizzie

I can't believe I missed it! I come back in from cleaning a stable and see this!

Oh well, congrats on the new bubs! She looks adorable and poor Moonlight looks rather tired out after it all. Can't say I blame her!

While we couldn't see the actual birth well, it was nice to see it going smoothly, with humans staying quietly in the background and not rushing around like fools and upsetting the mare. It was quick, textbook and quiet. Bravo to all. And I love this mare and the sire of the filly. Any names picked out yet?

Lizzie
Lizzie I totally agree!!! it was perfect, Connie was brilliant and so was Moonlight Connie I LOVED the way you handled the whole delivery I learnt heaps, thankyou for letting us watch!!

colustrum for the foal???

default_saludando.gif
Oh crap i missed it didnt even no about her
default_no.gif
:No-Sad

but congrats on your lovely filly
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you SO very much everyone. I am OVER THE TOP excited about her. She is so tiny and precious. She was kind of slow going and that is why I gave her some colostrum with a syringe to get her going. Mama Moonlight was so exhausted after giving birth. She just rested for a good long time and it makes me feel so good that she has complete trust in me and feels so relaxed. I LOVE THEM BOTH very much. I love all my horses! Thanks again everyone. I sure appreciate all the eyes and the compliments and all the well wishes.

After Cocopah's tragedy a few weeks ago I was kind of down, but now I am on cloud nine again and Cocopah got some extra scratches tonight also.

Here is our new baby girl! Yes - that's right I said GIRL! LOL

P7281429.jpg

P7281433.jpg

P7281435.jpg

P7281441.jpg

WHOOO HOOOO CONGRATS Connie!

I was watching her all night and until almost 1 PM when I had to go to bed. And I missed it!
default_wacko.png

You know that I knew she was in early labor.
default_yes.gif

So happy for you!

naw Connie!! she is adorable, and looks exactly like her mummy!! how precious thanks for the pics!!! you have us all in the mood for more babies Peanut, now its your turn!!!
default_yes.gif

default_wub.png
what a pretty little filly and Moonlight is SUCH a good mum!!
default_yes.gif

absoloutly stunning CONGRATULATIONS!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Connie, Congratulations on one pretty little girl. Im finally getting to post b/c I didnt want to miss a thing...I think its been almost 3 hrs. now that Ive been glued to your stall. Moon light made it look real easy but she sure seems tired I hope shes doing well, i saw the banamine come out so hopefully that may make her a little more comfy. I dont want to hijack this w/?'s but did I see you cut/tie the cord..did it not break?

well i'll save my other ?'s for later again, I huge congratulations. How did little Ayden do with his first foaling?

i didnt realize you had posted pictures...shes darling and looks so much like Mom.Im happy to read in your post that Moonlight is feeling better, she looked real tired and maybe some what sore to me...Im watching the little one wobble around as I type and will continue watching thru the night.

default_aktion033.gif
I hope the filly fairy can make it to my house soon.

Big hugs to Feather too!!

Hi Heidi! Yes I did tie her cord off because the placenta came out before Moonlight ever stood up, so I was forced to tie and cut. Don't like to do that, but it was a necessity in this case. I also milked Moonlight off and gave the foal colostrum with the syringe to get her going and let Moonlight rest because she was so exhausted.

I did give her Banamine as I do all my mares post foaling to help with their contractions and cramps. They are both doing very well now. Baby needs to get used to using those wobbly legs, but she will. I will probably walk them around out in the yard a bit tomorrow to help her get some strength.

It is SO hot here. I am praying for Peanut to foal really soon for you. Suzie too Cassie!
default_wub.png

again Congrats Connie have been watching her the whole time bonding with her mummy HOW CUTE!! well I do hope that Suzie n Peanut follow after Moonlight really SOON!! tonight?? tongiht is good!!
default_biggrin.png

Thanks Connie for explaining, I just wanted to make sure of what i was seeing...and i understand now why it was done. Thanks. Im happy to hear they are both doing well

I will keep an eye out for the video as I think there was something else i wanted to ask you about but cant, for the life of me, remember what it was!

Moonlight you Angel, finally I have a baby to watch
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Connie congrats on your new adorable mini mummy. You must be tickled pink. I am so glad that all went smoothly for you and Moonlight.

hip hip hurray Moonlight is the winner of the baby race .
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Oh Many congratulations Connie!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
What a beautiful little filly.
default_wub.png

I, of course, was gettig my beauty sleep and missed it! Well done Moonlight and Feather.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back