UPDATE on Annie at CLP May 13th! She is ready to foal!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_pray.gif
:pray

default_pray.gif
God of the universe

be present with this mare and our friend Connie, wrap your arms around them both

Bless Annie and Connie and keep them safe now and always

I just came back in from doing the banking and I see a lovely little colt
default_smile.png
and poor Annie down and the vet there cleaning... hope everything went ok Connie, sounds like a rought time... congrats on your beautiful little colt!! I hope everything will be ok!!

Praying so much for you Connie, and Annie, and her colt and the vet and well everybody!!

Last edited by a moderator:
little baby up looking good and the lovely Annie has just gotten back up what a good girl! he looks like he has a curly coat LOL very cute little baby, hoping Annie will be feeling better soon!

Wow - what a ride that was! Whew! Annie had a dystocia. One front leg all the way back. It was very rough. I thought the foal was dead, but lo and behold when the vets got him out he picked his head right up and started breathing right away. Hallelujah! I am so exhausted right now I am going to lay down but wanted to update and put a quick photo up here of him.

Thank you for all the prayers, calls and just everything. I love the horse community!

P5142036.jpg

Connie I am so sorry you had a rough time. I am
default_pray.gif
that Annie and baby are well.

Wow - what a ride that was! Whew! Annie had a dystocia. One front leg all the way back. It was very rough. I thought the foal was dead, but lo and behold when the vets got him out he picked his head right up and started breathing right away. Hallelujah!
Well there's your name right there! ;)

Congrats on getting them both through it.

Connie did you manage to get his leg forward or did you deliver him as he was?

Wow, Connie, what a rough time you have had! I'm so glad that they are both ok! phew, how terrifying for you!

he is the cutest little man,
default_smile.png

get some rest you poor thing, Annie is getting some rest at the moment too, but not rolling which is good
default_smile.png
such a gorgeous little man!

Goodness how very traumatic for you Connie. So glad you and the vet were able to help Annie and save the little one.

Many congratulations on your cute little colt. Saying prayers for a speedy recovery for sweet Annie.
default_pray.gif

No Renee, I had two vets here. We had to sedate her and get her rearend lifted up to get the foal to drop back in and get the front leg forward. I could have never done that on my own. I am SO very blessed to have great vets. Annie is tired and sore, but she is going to be fine as well as her baby boy. He has the curliest hair. 3 socks, a star and a white tail.

Thank you ALL so very much!
default_wub.png

Just been watching him on cam Connie - he's just so cute, capering about while Annie is having a well earned rest, bless her. I love his white tail! So glad Annie is going to be fine - well done to you and your great vets, a brilliant save!
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back