CLP Miniatures foaling cam More photos page 20!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snow is a little agitated at something at 8:36pm... lots of tail swishing happening... now a look back at her tummy...

lol and now back to eating of course hehe

Her bag is progressing nicely. Getting ready to put the equipage on her. It is still a bit early, but I don't want her sneaking and foaling on me while I'm not paying attention. Hormones were raging yesterday. She was riding Sugar (whom is in heat) all afternoon out in the pasture.

Thank you Cassie for all your compliments on my horses.
default_smile.png

I get up between 4;30 and 5:00 a.m. everyday Eagle. :) I have to have my coffee and workout before I go to the barn for morning chores. It's a routine. :)

I put the equipage on Red Snow's halter this evening. She was acting pretty funny most of the day. It is still early for her, but I never trust these mares. Better to have everything ready just in case.
default_wink.png

Maybe it's just me or my computer, but I can't really see anything. Is she in the upper corner? If so, it's pretty dark. I don't think I'd see anything if she was foaling in the corner.
default_wacko.png

Hmmmm, it's working fine for me Parmela. Sometimes she goes to the very top of the cam and stands along that wall - that is where you will not be able to see her. I have more trouble with cams. I wish I knew more about them. I can't seem to get the cam to cover the entire stall. She will move out into the main portion of the stall to foal though. I would like to purchase a new cam that is clearer for one thing and covers the entire stall.
default_yes.gif

Red Snow was acting very strange out in the pasture yesterday and had some blood around her privates. I hope she holds out a few more weeks because it is too early for this baby. I have two people waiting for fillies out of this cross.
default_yes.gif
default_smile.png

Okay I just went and grabbed my breeding and foaling book to check and Red Snow is at day 306 today so if she were to go the foal should be fine. Whew.

She had her first foal for me at day 321, the second at day 318 and the third at day 329.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad all is well!

I get so nervous when I can't see a mare on her cam. I've lost two foal over the years due to not being able to see every inch of the stall. One fooled right in front of me, on cam, but did so standing up and I didn't realize because her butt was away from the cam and it was a dark corner. The other must have laid down during 7 mins I wasn't watching and the foal was in about a 2 ft sq of stall I couldn't see on cam. It's heartbreaking. So I just get nervous if I can't see. I'm a worry part!

Glad all is well!

won't be long now by the sounds of it!! YAY just gone down sternal and rolling quick jumpy back up and pushing her hay around, was pacing a little before this... how is her milk looking Connie?

Sounds like she is approaching the big moment...hope I am able to catch it. Fingers crossed for all to go well with your lovely girl.

She is not quite ready girls. :) She is getting closer, but not near foaling. I do expect her to wait at least 12 more days. (she may have another plan though LOL) She has no milk to test yet Cassie, but I check her bag twice daily and it is progressing nicely.

I'm so happy you all are watching with me. :) I will update everywhere when I think foaling is imminent so that hopefully all of you can join us for the big moment! I'm SO excited! I love Red Snow so much and she always provides me with such gorgeous foals.
default_wub.png

I know it is nerve wracking Parmela. Thank you for your concerns and I am a worry wart also so we can worry together.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
2.10 am and I can just see foue feet at the back of her stable, I think she is just resting

Latest posts

Back