Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give her until the end of the week. Milk can come quicker than you think.

She's uncomfortable and trying to get the baby in its proper place. She's gearing up.

I'm with you Julia
default_smile.png

I would agree with Julia plus what you have been saying from her behaviour - she's just re-positioning the foal (or trying to!) If she doesn't have much udder yet and what she has is hard, then she still has a little way to go to start producing milk, so you wont be able to get much, if any, to sample. I would leave well alone until her udder starts to feel softer. Can you leave her stall open in the daytime so she can come and go as she pleases - it is so important that she takes plenty of steady exercise at this stage of the game.

It sounds as though she is progressing nicely and quite normally.
default_yes.gif

I cannot leave her stall open, as Dakota will go in and make it unrecognizable as a stall, lol. I will make sure to let her out for a little while each day though.

I will be honest, I have never had a mare with a soft udder before foaling! All of mine have been hard. (due to being so full!)

Since when do we have a "like" button?! Where have I been?

Yep. Not really going by her udder too much. The fact that it changed ay all is enough to put me on alert LOL! I am still keeping a close eye on her but she is just relaxing standing up this morning.

I keep checking her, but she is just standing around sleeping next to Dakota, lol.

She has rolled some, as she has mud on her side. Also very little to no resistance in her tail.

She is just standing around. I will check her closer when I go out to feed
default_smile.png

Udder is hanging in there, but not growing much. She did walk away from breakfast to roll this morning and is taking a lot longer to finish it than she normally would.

Vulva is pink but has some red veins (I guess) running through it.

Little heifer is hanging in there. She had shoved her way out of her stall today while I was in town, lol. No biggie, she was just in with Dakota for the day, which I would normally do anyway, but I left before everyone was done eating. Anyway, udder is about the same, but not going down for sure.

That's kinda what I thought, but it was pretty darn red Christmas Eve...I guess it could have been from rolling
default_sad.png

Color inside vulva is not exciting. She was a lot more restless today...walking around hoovering most of the day and not standing and resting much. She was eating her dinner as normal though.

Oh I am not worried at all
default_smile.png
I am less anxious now since I have already been through the "OMG, tonight is the night" "Watch her like a hawk" stage before...back in August and September, lmao. I check her 2x daily hands on and glance out at her through out the day. I am not overly concerned
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back