Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My goodness, by the time she does get a 'v' shape you won't be able to see it lol. Still gorgeous as usual tho
default_smile.png

Looks about normal to me. I have a dozen minis, and half of them would rather be out than in; most of those that prefer in have health issues.

Yep, every one of my horses is out in the snow when they all have shelter they could be in, lol.

Funny girl
default_smile.png
It is so beautiful where you live, and the snow just makes it look even more so!

I will pick up some more bedding when I go to town. As she gets closer, I certainly will be watching her like a hawk to make sure that I am there to dry baby off and put blankets on it. I am worried about baby as well...I may even block her but into the large shelter where Dakota is (separated of course) to ensure that she stays out of the wind...I could also point a heat light down at her for a little extra warmth.

Gosh she is cute , she look like a little Snowman hahahaa.. As round as one too..hahaha... I cant believe she hasnt had it yet :/

I agree
default_smile.png
I don't worry about her at all in the winter, lol. It is the fall when it rains and is cold that I tend to want her to have shelter. It is the baby that concerns me now. I am hoping that she is smart enough to have it during the day! LOL

Well, Robin didn't eat all of her hay this morning, but she had also jumped into Dakota's corral through a gap in the fence *rolls eyes*. She knows how to get back into the backyard where the hay was, so I find that odd, but who knows? I checked her this evening and she looked kind of elongated, but her udders were blah. At first I didn't feel much resistance in her tail, but the more I messed with her the more she resisted, lol. She is eating her hay now, so I think it was just laziness earlier. I am keeping an eye on her though.

Love how she is standing right next to her shelter, priceless!

Okay. So I woke up to like 4 splatters of watery poop and a few cow patties. The splatters are more recent. She looks slightly elongated but her udders are still not full. Better than the were a month ago but nothing that says, "I'm having a baby!". My question...is watery poop a common thing before birth? I know cow patties are but I've never heard of watery poops at this time. She is eating and appears to be drinking...what gives? Any help would be awesome! Why do my animals all wait till Sunday to do this stuff???

I have heardabout the runny poops too but not watery ones
default_sad.png
... I hope someone comes on soon that can give you some great advice... Good luck though

When Kate foaled last year she didnt have any changes in poop until she was in actual labor, then it went from cow pies to very watery poop quickly.

I dont think thats going on with your girl, but she may also just have had some slight digestive upset. I hope she settles back down for you.

YW I had a pony that would get loose poo everytime she got after the mineral block. I guess the salt in it made her extra thirsty?

She had cow patties the rest of the day, but no watery poop. Eating and drinking fine. This afternoon, we used a bucket of hot water and cleaned the frozen nasty poop out of her tail and wrapped it (loosely). She is just resting now. Going to check on her a few times tonight though.

Can't wait to see this baby, Robin has been holding out on us for sooooo long
default_smile.png
We need to give you a patience medal!

Yes it does sound more like a slight tummy upset rather than foaling cow patties. Maybe she's been eating some of that snow and it chilled her tummy??

Latest posts

Back