Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is gorgeous! Come on Ashanti you can do it too!
default_aktion033.gif

OMG all the new pictures are just gorgeous! Totally in love with your minis!!
wub.gif
I'm really starting to like a buckskin!

Zombie Wings must..... have.... teeeeeeeeeeeeea.............

(1 cup of tea later)

Okay, relativly alive now.
default_new_rofl.gif

No foal, Ashanti just likes tormenting me!

Lyric seemed to love the midnight visits though, I think she was fascinated by the torch on my head.

Have mercy on me Ashanti and bring forth your filly... preferably today after I get back from picking up the horse feed. That'd be nice. Ta, thanks.

My hopes are that this little group will be ready to move out to a bigger paddock after Twinky has her foal. Then Fantasy and Dreamy can move in to this little paddock. Will paddock breed Tinkers mares and might as well leave Painty with him for company, she can move back in when the foals are far to old for stealing!

Well I took a photo of Ashanti's udder at lunch, no change. Went outside to feed dinner and
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked it is huge! Wish I'd had the camera with me, might take it out with my next check and see if the flash plays nice.

I couldn't aim the camera right to grab any pics
default_wacko.png

I think it has gone down a little but her teats aren't leaking. Still feels warm to the touch and the upper part of the udder feels hard, the teats less so. She won't let me milk her either. Moments like this I wish I had more experience! I'm not used to relying on the feel of the udder because I've used my milk strips and my alarm. I also don't know Ashanti as well as Rivain or Twinkles which doesn't help.

For a sniff and then she bounces away tail held high and a cheeky look on her face. I think I've become some kind of object of interest. She knows I'm not going to hurt her but coming up to me seems to have become a game. Unlike Derby who was all over me like a rash in his early months
default_new_rofl.gif

Aww... pics are adorable!!! I especially love the booty shot! Looks like you may get two babies before cass and i get one...no fair!!! LOL... Cant wait to she what Ashanti is hiding! Have you already posted the color possiblities??? If you did I'm sorry...watching so many girls it is hard to remember!

Yup but it is easier to post them again then go back through the thread. It can be hard keeping track of everyone's mares when you're own are trying to make sure you have as little sleep as possible!

Sire is a silver bay and Ashanti is a palomino:

16.67% - Palomino

16.67% - Chestnut

14.58% - Silver Buckskin

14.58% - Silver Bay

14.58% - Buckskin

14.58% - Bay

2.08% - Smoky Black

2.08% - Silver Smoky Black

2.08% - Silver Black

2.08% - Black

I'm hoping for a dilute, a silver or a silver dilute. Foal will most likely be for sale though as will be related to both my stallions
default_sad.png

ooooooo...SILVER BUCKSKIN!!! I vote SILVER BUCKSKIN!!! My dad has a silver buckskin qh, that is out of my favorite mare when i was growing up! (of course he is an old cowboy and calls it buttermilk buckskin!) Yes definately a silver buckskin!
default_wub.png

Miss Bree has fallen on a heap on the floor. This is her cat. While I did enjoy the first few days of the new zombie style owner it is getting a bit boring to just sit on herboyd and get no reaction. I have sent many messages to thi mare 'Ashanti' and all she sends back are tufts of cream hair. I don't think she is listening.

As my biscuit bowl is now looking empty I think i will go and threaten to 'toilet' on her jacket. That usually gets a reaction.

naw hang in there Bree!! she can't keep you waiting too much longer!

how is she looking?! fine I'm sure lol she isn't losing sleep!!
default_wink.png

She's holding steady again, I doubt she'll make it to her day 336 deadline of the 12th but she certainly could drag this on a bit longer then we thought if she has decided to work on her udder.

Question for the other breeders here.

I have a mare here who has a good breeding history, she's an excellent mother and has produced some lovely foals to Pallidon's sire. However she is not an easy mare to catch. In the time I have had her she has changed from nicking off as soon as you enter the paddock to coming up but never close enough to touch or catch, I have to run her up to the yards to do that. Once caught she is pretty easy to handle. I'm pretty sure that this is probably just the way she is and any further change will happen over a long time.

Now the question, would you breed from her?

default_saludando.gif
yer why not breed her if shes a nice mare good comformation ect...my mare is very timid and she has produce some champion foals........go for it

Argh, I am covered in pricky little palomino hairs! Curse you Pallidon!!

Have I mentioned I hate clipping?

Because I REALLY hate clipping.

Got Derby's foal coat off about a month ago and he'll need reclipping before his first show on the 18th. Might do him a week out and hope the lines go away
default_wacko.png

Getting Palli's winter coat off today and hoping I won't have to reclip him before his exhibition on the 17th!

Hate it, hate it, hate it!

Although funny story, Palli saw Lyric for the first time today. She was hooning around the paddock...

Pallidon: Are we going to do somthing? Or will there be food? Why are you putting me in the clipping spot? Oh no... You know I hate clip- OMG WHAT IS THAT!?

Me: That is your daughter. I told you about her.

Pallidon: I had nothing to do with that.. what is it doing?

Me: She's playing.

Pallidon: What is that sound?

Me: That's her neigh.

Pallidon: Does she, you know, turn out normal eventually?

Me: Yes Palli, she will grow.

Pallidon: WHAT IS TINKER DOING!?

Me: I think he is flirting.

Pallidon: OI STINKER! EYES OFF HER!

No wonder he was being a pain to clip today
default_new_rofl.gif
Although he did apologise later by burying his muzzle in my hair and snuffling
default_wub.png
He really is a smooch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts