Marlanoc Foal Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha Bree!! your place sounds like so much fun!!! I can so imagine them doing that!!
default_yes.gif
LOL

glad you were able to get Palli clipped
default_smile.png

default_saludando.gif
Wish my horses would take to me ....I talk to them all the time but thay never answer like yours... me neighbours must think iam nuts
default_new_rofl.gif

Everyone knows I'm nuts already
default_new_rofl.gif

Life is just so much fun with a group of minis. I find their individual characters come across much more strongly then with larger horses and they just love to be involved.

Well the only big horses I have is an appie gelding (possible part arab) and a little filly who is unknown but probably welsh/australian pony/arab type breeding. So you can't tell those two nuts that they are supposed to be the sensible big horses!

But my littlies are a favourite of my farrier, he does a lot of race horses and he says they are like machines. But then he comes here and he knows the quirks of each of mine, has his favourites and really likes working on them.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks Eagle!
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting

Ashanti just attempted to remove my head when I checked her udder
default_new_shocked.gif
Not normal for her! rest of her behaviour is normal though... she is certainly keeping me in the dark!

you poor thing!! you must be DEAD!!!!!!!!!!! I think you are going to have to stable train your mares so they are up on marestare hehe it really is the best!!

Ashanti lost the foal.

She had it in between my checks and I found it cold, the bag wasn't broken.

I've left her with the body. Once I tore open the bag (I attempted to revive it despite the temperature) and she bagn licking and nickering. She was pretty upset when I got there, a lot of pacing around the body.

I can't seem to stop crying, I keep kicking myself and wishing I had been there. Maybe I could have saved it.

Rivain and Twinkles know somthing is wrong, they are standing away from her but nearby and are very quiet.

Yes these things are awful. It's good that you left the foal with her, she will need time, by morning she should be ready to let go.

Sending hugs

So sorry she lost the baby..Im sure your gutted and no words can help you feel any better for now..sending hugs for you and Ashanti x

So sorry for the loss of the baby. Prayers and Hugs
pray.gif

Oh Bree, I'm so very sorry, poor Ashanti must be so upset too.

Sending you both my sympathy and hugs.

It was a little buckskin filly
default_sad.png

Ashanti doesn't leave the body, she grazes maybe a metre away at most. Thankfuly she did come over to the regular spot for feeding but I think once she is done she'll go straight back. She still checks to see.

The other mares aren't even going near that spot.

default_saludando.gif
OMG OMG OMG so sorry for your loss it must be heart broken

sending you huge huge hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back