Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same old stuff...nothing interesting...spent some time grooming her today, which she always seems to enjoy
default_smile.png
Love this little pony.

Well, I spent the entire morning building a fugly little shelter for Robin and whatever she is hiding in her belly, lol. It is certainly not pretty, but it is functional. Will keep the snow, rain, and wind off of her for the most part. I did have to buy the t-posts, but everything else was stuff that we just had lying around. Robin was nervous of it at first, but once I put a few alfalfa cubes in there, she went in pretty quickly ;)

399597_10151054548205382_1026732851_n.jpg

WOW!! What a cute shelter - well done you!! Are your sides strong enough to stand up to her having a good rub when she decides to itch her rear end - we use a lot of those pallets when making partitions - usually fully boarding the insides I have to admit for extra stability, because for some reason my girls ALWAYS have to try out the wall strength when presented with a new stall!!
default_frusty.gif

Thanks! They are pretty sturdy. They have 2 roosts holding up each pallet, so she can rub all she wants
default_smile.png
I am glass that I for it up this morning as it is raining as I type....too bad the little witch isnt using it yet lol. I will feed her in it until she figures everything out
default_smile.png

Cute shelter! I wonder if you're going to have a girl, so many boys coming out lately the odds have to start balancing soon. lol

Excuse me Robin? I've been gone for about 3 days and you've done nothing!?

No wonder you're driving your poor mum insane!

Yeah...she is definitely driving me nuts. I just don't understand how she could act/look SO CLOSE a month ago and now act like she still has a month left! Annoying little mare...

It might just be the noise on the roof, if its raining, it takes a little bit for them to get used to it, especially with a short shelter.

Could be the sound. I think it was more that she just didn't feel it was needed yet LOL. The rain was off and on and it wasn't very cold. I think if it gets too nasty for her, she will use it
default_smile.png

hi, just wanted to say your beautiful girl is driving me insane, I don't have any foals and have no plans for any but have followed this thread for weeks - She's half the reason I joined the forum, lol , good luck, I hope something happens soon
default_smile.png

Well Tanya, I am terribly sorry that you have been dragged into the madness that is Robin's pregnancy, lol. I am to the point now where I just have no clue what she is doing. At this point, I have to wonder if she isn't going to hold out until December, proving to me that Papa, is indeed the Papa, lol. All I know is that I am slowly losing my mind because of this little mare...

Oh and my arms are absolutely KILLING me this morning, lol. I can barely lift them! But it does make me feel good about my productive morning yesterday ;) Go me!

Yeehaw
default_smile.png
Perhaps I should show this forecast to Robin?? Maybe then she will understand why she should go ahead and get that baby out now, rather than later...winter is coming, lol.

250070_10151055603050382_251176136_n.jpg

Lol, welcome to the club ;)

Robin's bag is depressing tonight. Floppy on both sides. BUT, she is healthy and happy, so I guess that I won't complain too much. I think that the only reason that I am hoping for Batman as daddy is that she would pretty much HAVE to pop in the next couple of weeks. If it isn't him, I am going to be in for a LONG few months :p

On the bright side? Robin used her shelter during a little hail storm today
default_smile.png

*grumbles* I hate mares...

I swear if her udder were anymore deflated, she wouldn't even look like she was bagging up at all.

Okay, so here is my thinking on this whole situation now. It is now MY belief that some outside variable jumped into the equation that is Robin's pregnancy and caused her to bag up a little early. That outside variable has either gone away or is no longer affecting her, and now she is going back to where she actually should be as far as signs go. Her udders are totally unimpressive and have pretty much been staying that way for the last week or so. She no longer looks dropped at all. Her hooha is uninteresting. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if she actually goes to December, at this point.

Anyway, I thought that I would throw a little fun back into this thread and put up some photos of the other two possible baby daddies, lol.

This is Papa...he was a little stallion that I "rescued" along with his 4 offspring from one of those "free ponies" ads on craigslist.

408088_10150479008485382_1174835187_n.jpg

386508_10150484774360382_386496925_n.jpg

421086_10150586459380382_1329380276_n.jpg

And here is Jose'...the less likely of the two other possibilities, lol. I got him last October at 7 months old.

564648_10151034496935382_344176140_n.jpg

524267_303405116399052_1826180712_n.jpg

So...there you have it. Robin is going to drive me absolutely bananas until she decides to pop, lol.

haha, i'm guessing you're a photographer (or should be!) Your photos always looks awesome with a bit of artistic flair.

You do realise if she's still pregnant by december that you're going to have to fork out thousands to get her a tummy tuck after birth from all the excess skin that won't bounce back
default_new_rofl.gif

Back