Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm...I hadn't thought of that! Thanks! Dangit...I will still have to ask hubby to pound the t-posts in, lmao. Sadly, I have never been able to do that, with my weakling little arms
default_frusty.gif
I can't do it with a post maul, but can with a post pounder. Let's see if I can find you a pic on line of a pounder... Here's one from Northern Tool: http://www.transcat.com/Catalog/productdetail.aspx?itemnum=155205&utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&gclid=CICcncq-wLICFeUWMgodgwgATw I googled "manual post pounder", if you want to look for other varieties.

Lol, that is exactly what we have. I swear I am just a wuss. I will have to try it again and see if I can get it done ;) Will have to wait until Friday for me to get some t posts in town
default_smile.png

The dumb things weigh a ton, but I can usually lift them and then more or less just let it drop on the post; it takes me longer than hubby, but I can get it done.

So what is you guys' opinion on all of this? Still think Batman is daddy? 372 days today and she isn't really showing any "I'm gonna go soon" signs. I just don't think that she would be bagging up this early if she wasn't due till December. Ugh...she is out to send me to the looney bin.

Sorry, but can you remind us of the exact dates she was in with the second stallion??

January 17th until March 17th, when he went to his adoptive home. He was gelded about 5-7 days before he left.

I actually SAW him breed her on the day he went in with her, but she could just be a hussy, lol.

Well there is no way that he can be the Daddy of this foal - just not possible!! Are you sure there wasn't a stray stallion doing the rounds in your area in October last year - one that could have popped over the fence during the night and popped out again before morning!! LOL!!

Did you manage to talk to your vet?

Well...I do have a little miniature Jack (soon to be gelded, lol), but he was only like 9 months old or so and I never saw any hint of him showing interest in the female species, lol. I suppose that is a possibility though, but I strongly doubt it.

My vet has not called me back yet
default_sad.png
From speaking with my sister in law, she said to keep her on the antibiotic for a couple of weeks. It is more important that the vet makes it out after she foals than it is right now. I will try calling her again tomorrow though and letting her know that I DO want her to come out after the fact.

Okay, so, I try to not get all excited anymore, but I still try to stay alert, because I don't want to let my guard down and then have her foal without me around. The "lips?" of her hooha are more puffy than normal. Color inside this afternoon was light pink and then this evening, it was a little darker, but not much (which has happened before with NOTHING exciting to follow, lol). Her udders shrunk some this afternoon and then by this evening they had grown a little, but not much. So, I guess my guard is up again tonight...blah...I like it when I feel like I can sleep 3 hours between checks, lol. Who am I kidding? I never make it that long. If I wake up for some reason, I use that time to check her and then reset my alarm for a little later, lol. I end up waking up every hour and a half or so automatically...without my alarm ever going off. Darn mare even has my body adjusting to late night checks!

Well the Evil Mare crown can pass to Robin now
default_new_rofl.gif
although if Beauty tells us anything it's that there IS an end... eventually... usually when you are as sleep deprived as possible!

Hummmmmmmm, so we could be expecting a mini mule??!! So think back, when were he and Robin in together and when were they separated? Also have a good think about his exact age at that time - boys can be fertile from 8 months (I think), so even if you didn't see anything going on, playing/fooling around can result in unexpected results!!
default_whistling.gif

Yeah, lol...I would definitely know who the daddy is, if it comes out with long ears ;)

Jose' (mini donkey) went out into the pasture with everyone, including robin, on Halloween day. He was 7 months old...now I remember...BRANDY was 9 months old when I got her. They were pretty much together until the beginning of January, when I put Robin back into the backyard because she was being naughty and going through fences, lol. So...yeah...good stuff, huh? I am seriously doubting Jose' figured it out though. Honestly, he JUST started showing interest in Brandy (standard donkey) a few months ago and he still hasn't figured out where it goes, lol. He sits there and humps her side...him's special ;)

As far as the vet goes, there isn't much she will do to check the baby's size. She won't palpate minis and doesn't have an ultrasound attachment for minis. As far as the possible infection, I am watching her very closely. No more signs of any kind of discharge and SIL tells me not to worry. It is more important that she makes it out after Robin foals than right now. So, all I have to go by is what SIL told me when she palpated. Said that the length of the "ball" (baby's head and neck were curled around) was approximately 12-14 inches and the legs were about and inch in diameter. This was back in mid August, so I would say there has been some growth since. As far as kicking, I haven't felt any since I last posted about it. I have been trying too, lol. Maybe baby is finally running out of room ;) But if she has a lot of fluid in there, as has been speculated, wouldn't that give baby more room for kicking later in the pregnancy? Or am I thinking incorrectly?

Latest posts

Back