Marlanoc Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And dedicating money is what it's all about.....when you're talking horses! LOL

Oh, won't that be something to have Lyric be a mommy! Who would you breed that pretty baby girl to?

Sounds exciting about a new mare. You'll have to show us pictures of her, though....
default_whistling.gif

If I don't breed her this season I will next and I'm thinking TJ. They've been flirting over the laneway with each other, they are both incredible movers.

Lyric's greatest weakness is her neck but TJ has been throwing lovely.. well lovely everything :p He has a plainer, longer face and her bloodline has a tendency to throw their dish so she could improve on that front.

Shadow's too tall for her, the other option is Tinker who could also be a nice match, but something is telling me TJ.

PH IS BACK UP TO 7.8 I HATE MARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

default_torch.gif
:torch
default_torch.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif

default_thud.gif

*cough*

Hey guys, nothing all that new to report. Kirra did that funny bounce up to 7.8 that she did yesterday although her wax is more yellow which SHOULD be a good sign but SHOULD also mean lower ph.

There's some rain about but nothing that will come close enough to us. It has dropped the temperature and tomorrow is supposed to be rainy, same as the following day. They're saying 90% chance of rain on the first and 80% on the second. So I am hopeful that this might push things along for someone!

Both maidens have that crusty stuff at the end of their teats, not true wax but a good sign of progression. Neither will let me handle their udders though which isn't helpful.

Kalari's udder is visible from a distance although still flabby to the touch, but she also speeds up near the end.

Could be a busy weekend!

At least I really hope it is, I'm at the big horse expo thing from Thursday onwards next week and having to come back each night to keep an eye on them, if they all drop foals it would mean I could crash with friends closer in and have less stress.

Hahahahaha. As if the girls would do that
default_whistling.gif

Okay, so do you just "cut and paste" the same message each year? Sounds like these girls haven't changed a bit!!

But, I'm still sitting here very excited, and hoping maybe the "rain" will move things along.....
default_whistling.gif

I think most years it's more like closer....... closer..... omg this must be it! ...... closer...... CLOSER!!!!

Kirra is more like THIS IS IT..... no it's not...... OMG IT IS.... no wait..... closer..... further.... closer.... FOAL!?!?!?! ....... no........ further..... further... closer......
default_thumbdown.gif

ph testers, what would you make of this one? It's been awhile since I've used them and all the previous tests have been obvious 7.8 and 7.2

IMG_0216.jpg

Eh, nevermind. After that test and one that was 6.8 she just got a 7.2
default_frusty.gif

Sorry, been rushing in to read but not post - having a chuckle at your comments! Oops, another sorry - of course I'm not chuckling or laughing, no no, I'm feeling very sorry for poor Bree ................. chuckle chuckle ................. yes poor Bree having to cope with whatever those naughty mares are planning ................. chuckle chuckle.
default_new_rofl.gif
default_blush.png

She pulled another weird looking maybe a 6.8 test this morning. The rain has also shifted so at this point it doesn't look like it will hit us.
default_frusty.gif

Also a bit worried that I'm letting myself get run down over one mare, I've got another maybe five to go! With three right on the tail of this girl AND a four day horse expo
default_thud.gif

She's just not following the rules AT ALL, in fact she's breaking most of them!
default_deadhorse2.gif

Now......what else would you expect??? YOU know better than to expect ANY mare to follow the rules....especially YOUR girls!!!

Yes, Anna, WE'RE not laughing.......chuckle...chuckle.....
default_whistling.gif

Got another weird test, they look 6.8 over most of the square but still look 7.2 or darker in the middle
default_thumbdown.gif

So I was out cuddling Lyric and Spesh (Lyric because she is always awesome and Spesh because he is not pregnant and never will be pregnant and can't torment me!!!!!!!) and Varda and Kalari were looking a bit jealous.

Varda's mood towards me has improved over the last few days because I now take a feed bucket out when I catch her and she gets tasty things when I'm done.

I didn't have the bucket because I was just out for snuggles (and avoiding some actual work) but they seemed interested so I decided to check udders that weren't filled with pure evil.

Kalari is on day "who knows" and although her udder is visible from a bit of a distance it continues to be flabby. No stressing required yet.

Yesterday Varda let me feel hers for the first time much to her disgust. It was feeling a bit warmer then usual so combined with a visible milk vein I felt that we might start to see some action soon.

This is what I just found.

So how would you feel about this sign on a maiden mare on day 337 or 330?

PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME A FOAL BEFORE I GO TOTALLY MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10698613_770083166405643_875854525260991812_vw.jpg

OH MY!!! That is REALLY NICE!!!! Don't get too comfortable or think you deserve rest, because it looks like they are now working together to do some really evil things to you.....

That is really a nice looking udder for someone who just had a milk vein going. Maybe they'll all take pity and go together so it won't be weeks and weeks of torment!

Give Splesh a hug from Auntie Diane!

I have a friend who breeds pure Caspians who said that if Varda follows them then she'll make a small bag and when she does decide to get things moving she'll go fast and without much warning. I'm REALLY hoping Varda sticks to her Caspian lines right now
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

Could it be a busy night looming?
default_poke.gif

She's not obviously restless but she is in "empty mode" or the better description of "poosplosion"
default_whistling.gif

I just put the alarm on her so she can get used to the feel of it, normally when I see wax I skip sleeping but Kirra's made me feel a bit cautious! Might just sleep in my boots, I'm in the horse float anyway so 20m tops away from both girls!

Ooooo now that does look interesting to put it mildly!! Certainly a 'boots on' type of night I think - could be a bit of a stressful few hours if they both decide that the time is NOW, but most convenient too! Good luck!
default_pray.gif

I've been following for the past few days, but not posting. I hope your sleeplessness comes to an end before too much longer and we get to see some new babies!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand no news to report.

default_thud.gif

Despite having had very little sleep due to waking up every hour to check them it was probably for the best. That rain came down hard and constant! NOT nice weather for a foal and my stables are out of commission for some mini friendly refitting. But the rain should start to clear this morning with only a few speckly bits expected after that. So will it be the right combination of rain for the girls to do something?

I'm dreaming of foals! Last night I dreamt I woke up and the girls had done it all without me. Kirra's looked white and Varda's looked palomino but it was sitting down so I couldn't see spots! Let's see if I was close?
default_thumbup.gif
Although personally I'd prefer silver on Kirra's baby....

Hi Brody! Thanks for sticking around while I go mad
default_xbud.gif
default_xbud.gif
some of the others are a bit used to it by now
default_whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back