Marlanoc Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have been reading. Maybe it'll happen tonight! Good luck, and post if something happens please
default_smile.png

Always nice to know I'm entertaining people with my yearly, slow decent into madness
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

Actually I think I've done well this year, last year I wouldn't let anyone comment unless they posted a picture of a funny hat first.
default_whistling.gif

I've given up trying to guess what Kirra will do but I'm hopeful that Varda goes tonight, more then 2 nights of wax for a maiden? Would be incredibly odd! Not impossible.... but how unfair would it be to have two mares at once breaking the rules
default_torch.gif

Lol, but at the end of your descent into madness you will be greeted by several adorable babies
default_smile.png

And as for the hats I have one around here somewhere. Who new a derby hat could come in handy away from the derby!?

IMG_20141115_172531.jpg

It isnt really crazy, but its an interesting hat
default_smile.png

I've still got mine ready....just in case you went bonkers again! (and I chose a helmet to wear for a very good reason...it's quite necessary sometimes....
default_whistling.gif
)

Here's my hat....in honor of my heritage, and "someone's" lean to Viking names one year, but we won't say who!

vikingkitty.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking registered names in French this year ;)

Oh and by the way, apparently I should leave Varda alone more often.

Sneaky mare!!!

And Kirra just tested a proper 6.8

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

Whooooooo! Finally! Nice spots! And legs wow what a stunner! Congrats now you are almost back to being sane.

Diane I love your hat! Too bad we can't like posts anymore, that's perfect. I just ended a game of sherades, I thought I couldn't laugh anymore but alas it is possible
default_smile.png

I'm sooooo smitten!

And I can't wait for Diane to wake up, realise I've done my usual and left all the details out (and better pics
default_wink.png
) and tell me off.

Feels just like old times
default_whistling.gif

It's so nice to have just one on the ground! And Kirra had another normal 6.8 test so she's on the right track (maybe) at last (I hope!)

Oh my goodness - just look at those legs let alone all those SPOTS!!!

Well done Varda!! Many congrats Bree - cant wait for more pics.
default_firstprize.gif

OMG !!!!!!! A FULL LEOPARD !!!!

This is a dream come true!!!!

I am TOTALLY SMITTEN !!! And YES, you are in trouble....TELL ME MORE!!!!!! I LOVE THE FANNY, BUT I'D LOVE TO SEE MORE!!

AND MORE PICTURES!!!!

Last edited:
Steady my friend, we can't have you expiring due to spotty excitement!! Take a breath and calm down, perhaps the odd swig or two or three?
default_472.gif
Just for medicinal purposes of course!!

I'm sure Bree will be posting more pics as soon as she can - plus maybe she will tell us if 'it' is a colt or a filly??

Or maybe she's busy sorting out Kirra???????????

Taking my swig now Wine glass.jpg and just waiting for updates.

I promise not to expire, but I'm so happy for these SPOTS, and can't believe she got a full leopard the first time.

Congrats! Look at all those legs. I'm not the spot fan that Diane is, but that's one fine baby.

Tehehe, love you guys
default_giveup.gif

Meet Marlanoc SF Fleur De Lys!

Or Malia as we're calling her.

Yup, I got A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's a buckskin leopard, no tobiano from Shadow but she does have his mystery gene so has a star, snip and TWO blue eyes! Possible grey, I'll test her if we see no obvious signs. If she does grey out I get the blue eyed grey I always wanted and if she doesn't I have this AMAZING dilute leopard!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
Isn't it great when you can't lose?
default_firstprize.gif

And I'm blown away by what the two Shadow babies to part Caspian mares are like, the other owner has the other one and he is 1/8 Caspian but similar massive legs and real "horse" look to him.

Varda of course waited for me to go inside and check on the dogs, then did all the work herself! She did retain the placenta but she's been an amazing mum, very good at guiding Malia to the udder and helping her balance on her legs. She's fantastic at this!!!

Kirra is back to weird tests so I have no idea what she's doing. So I just loudly praise Malia where she can hear and hope that convinces her to get moving
default_whistling.gif

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

OMG !!!!!!!

I was hoping for a surprise when i switched the computer on this morning BUT this is just so much more than that
default_smile.png

S T U N N I N G !!!!!!!! Congratulations Bree and Varda
default_smile.png

Isn't she amazing
default_wub.png

She's so bold! Which is pretty normal for a Shadow baby
default_wink.png
But Varda is feeling a little over protective. But when I was holding her for the vet Malia spent half the time walking through my legs and enjoying the idea of little scratches from people fingers
default_thumbup.gif
So I'm giving Varda some space, I don't think it will take Malia too long to come over on her own.

Especially if a certain Kirra drops a foal. LOOOKING AT YOU KIRRA!!!!
default_xkngt.gif

Well, I know about those buckskin leopards! So many professional pictures make Spotty look so dark (like the picture here), but those were totally buckskin SPOTS, with the black stockings (with lightning stripes), mane & tail.

Spotty never disappointed me in the production arena when I was breeding, and often threw his cream gene, and spots even in many of his babies when bred to non-appaloosas. When bred appaloosa, I seldom got anything without spots, and usually leopards, snowcaps and blankets. I'm especially fond of the cream gene, so best of luck to you when showing her....AS YOU BETTER! She's going to be a sensation, with those long, wonderful legs and head-up carriage. She is JUST what I would have ordered if I was the one expecting a little one. Makes me miss those "special deliveries", but just knowing you got her, makes me very happy for you. She'll go far!

I'm so thrilled for you.

Welcome to the world, little Fleur De Lys !!!!

Last edited:
So glad you guys like her!!
default_firstprize.gif
I feel like I've won foal lottery LOL!

She'll certainly be hitting the ring! And I'm really hoping she'll take to the performance work as well, the Caspians are amazingly athletic and I'm really hoping that comes though to her
default_wub.png

Thank you. I'll take the congratulations just for all the "SPOTTED" prayers I've been doing for these foals. I pray for all the little ones to arrive safely here, but I have to admit, as an appaloosa breeder, I am partial to SPOTS!

You've waited what, 4 years now? for me to make some PROPER spots? Looks like they were all being saved up!
default_wink.png

Kirra's pulling the same strange tests, Taff has one teat looking waxy but doesn't feel like she's there yet and Kalari has decided to try and speed up now that there is a foal on the ground!

Still not sure about Belle and Dreamy is awhile off.

Had so much fun today, my mum came up especially to visit Malia and we had fun watching her discover her legs. Jumping, leaping, bucking and ZOOMING! She's going to be a lively one. Poor Varda!

Latest posts

Back