Marlanoc Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny to think of it that way isn't it! And to think I've only just got rid of the last of MOST of the winter coats
default_thumbup.gif

Got some new photos of Kirra and Varda. Will take some of the other girls as I slowly move through paddocks. Two nights of dodgy sleep... three if you include the night before my dressage tests! Is certainly kicking in.

1377302_766973563383270_424156349495513048_n.jpg

10407345_766973580049935_7893842707091160520_n.jpg

10304443_766973490049944_8767308178845193413_n.jpg

10372187_766973666716593_8024762081791780262_n.jpg

1382822_766973650049928_2400882966441481848_n.jpg

14007_766973603383266_1306876188443295494_n.jpg

Morning THREE of waxy boobies
default_frusty.gif

A friend's Lipizzaner mare did this for ten days.... generally with my girls if I'm lucky enough to find wax there is no point in sleeping!

I've started to have a very mild reaction to the milk as well on my hands
default_thumbdown.gif
this has never happened before either. I'll be sending a family member out on a quest for pool testing strips so I can use the ph square to do the analysing since apparently I can't right now! But the milk is still somewhere between cloudy and skim but not showing the yellowish tinges we need to make it sticky, it's so runny unlike that first day where it felt like the sticky stage was just kicking in.

Only two false alarms last night, both for rubbing her head on the fence. She never lies down.

Unlike me
default_thud.gif

Oh dear it sounds as if she is enjoying doing the guessing game - and wearing you out before the other girls can get a look in!!

Well I was just having a chat with her old owner.... she's done this before! The big udder and waxy boobs and the NO FOAL thing, they can't remember how long she did it last time just that when they gave up and nicked out to the shops they came back to find a perfectly fine foal on the ground. So at least this isn't totally abnormal for her.... I just have no idea how long I'll be in for!

Oh my.....sounds like she's fitting in very well with your other ladies. Hang in there, as I know you will. We'll hope she'll give up more quickly than your other ladies do!!

Looks like there is rain coming this weekend. Maybe then? I'll just die a bit before then :p

I miss sleeping in my own bed with my puppies!

She better be painting the blanket or the leopard spots on! I badly want a dilute patterned foal this season! Shadow has two copies of lp so he will always pass on a varnish gene but based on his foals we are pretty sure he also has one pattern gene. So his foals will either be varnish or patterned, never a solid.

So if Kirra passes on HER varnish gene I will essentially have a white foal. No pattern!

Actually I bet my pattern foal will be Varda's, and it will be palomino. And then it will grey out
default_torch.gif

Lol You make me laugh.

Have you told her to start painting the blanket. ? Tell her Aunty Diane would want that too, so she better start with the finishing touches and get a wriggle on lol

You're right, Auntie Diane has placed her order, and I don't want to have to get the jet ready.....but I WILL!!!
default_whistling.gif

You might be doing that for awhile Di
default_frusty.gif
evil mare! Ended out going to a friend's place for a few hours to meet their foals for the season. Back home and not even a glimpse of a change!

It should start raining tomorrow, perhaps that will get her interested?

Trying to plan what I'm doing for next season. I think I might just breed one mare.... and maybe that mare should be the now three year old Lyric? It would be the first Marlanoc foal to breed on, so a bit scary! But also exciting.

I'd like to start showing some of my older horses so they could go and have a year or two off and do some show or performance work instead. Could be fun!

Also I MAY have been offered a new one to work with
default_whistling.gif
I'm trying to downsize the horse's I'm not using but she's an older fashioned horse mare that I could register pony instead and then performance train her. Could be fun and a bit different! No clipping either so yay
default_thumbup.gif
So got to work out if I want to sneak her onto the property or not LOL. She's palomino pinto (minimal tobiano) and actually related to my lovely Pallidon.

LOl downsize the horses I tried that and it went the other way .......

When you try and downsize it usually means that another ones coming
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back