Marlanoc Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wings

Reaction score
Was tempted to call this "Round - who knows?! Is sleep deprivation able to impact your brain forever?!"

Hey everyone!

Very early to start a thread since I bred for late in the Aussie season. But I figured I'll tell you who I bred to who and then update you on all the previous years babies.

And anyone who does the facebook thing I do some bloging about the minis and the iceys on the Marlanoc page. www.facebook.com/marlanoc should get you there.

First mare due and her 320 due date is the 29th of October. Told you I bred late this year!

This was one of my new girls who I think arrived just after I stopped posting but I think I talked about her before then.

Goldenreins Queenvarda, or Varda for short, is 50% Caspian, 25% Welsh A and 25% Miniature Horse. She's a palomino gone grey who may carry an agouti gene from her sire, colourwise she will give the foal one red gene and has a 50% chance of passing along her cream gene, her grey gene and an agouti IF there is one there.

She is a maiden mare, my first one!

Here she is doing her radar ears impersonation:

(I can't seem to add pics in right now so I'll leave them attached and try later)

Here she is last winter:

Varda is in foal to Koriana Park Shadowfax 'A' Star.

Shadowfax is now colour tested, he is confirmed two copies of lp so he will pass on one. If the theory behind the pattern genes (PATTN) ever gets proven he likely has one of those as well. He is bay with one chestnut gene, he has one tobiano gene and his blue eyes and whit face come from an untestable gene, possibly some from of splash. The search is ongoing!

992623_10151870365241354_601435456_n.jpg

vhradar.jpg

19134_302757886353_7458730_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Next up is Mirrindel Taffzeta, taff for short. I don't own her but I'm foaling her down for a friend. She's also Spesh's half sister so a bit "Special"
default_whistling.gif

She's a black appaloosa, not colour tested so can't be 100% sure what will show up.

She's a maiden as well and is due 8th of November.

She is also in foal to Shadowfax

1419920_10151998937911354_1598956920_n.jpg

47138_466055511353_7063508_n.jpg

Kooka Heights Mystical Dream (Dreamy!) is a brown varnish appie. So 50% varnish, 50% brown agouti and red gene is unknown.

She is due 1/12/14

I covered her half sister at the same time but I doubt she took, she has cycled pretty strongly since then so although she has a history of faking it I don't think she is this time!

Dreamy is in foal to my boy Wildflower Trouble With Love (TJ) who is also brown varnish appaloosa:

2010_0522_3093.jpg

Trouble5-278x366.jpg

The next girls have mystery due dates.

Shangrila RE Party Girl, "Kalari" is a palomino tobiano with a 50% chance of passing along both genes and a 100% chance of passing on red.

She was covered from the 12th of December to the 20th of January but never showed obviously with her filly at foot.

She is in foal to Shadowfax

Foal07 016.jpg

16354_229600916353_2672676_n.jpg

Same dates above, Mirrindel Belle Esprit. Or "Belle".... or "Bellephant" depending on the time of the year!

She coliced a few months ago and there is some concern about possible in foal/not in foal because of it. Since she barely showed with last years foal we don't know what she'll do until she does it!

Belle is also in foal (hopefully) to Shadow

IMG_5174.jpg

19134_302739326353_7988982_n.jpg

Last one! My special girl Kirra. Same dates, different drama! Kirra foundered while she was being served so was kept on very sparse pasture while Shadow kept her moving. She did cycle strongly and didn't come back in that we saw so fingers are very crossed!

Kirra is a silver bay varnish appaloosa and is in foal to Shadowfax.

I'll update more when the pic uploading works again
default_giveup.gif

388523_326839384012164_1935854141_n.jpg

web-600-Shadowfax_-The-Man_.jpg

WELCOME BACK!!!! I see SPOTS in my future!!!! Very excited about all the girls and little ones you're expecting. Can't wait to see what they're cooking for you!!

How is Splesh doing?

Lovely mares, looking forward to watching them
default_smile.png

Brought my little stallion as a colt from Maree @ Kooka Heights.

Hoping the weather improves dramatically before any of your girls decide its time to start business.

Best of luck with all of them
default_smile.png

Good to be back Di
default_xbud.gif
And yes this year of foals is dedicated to you
default_risa_suelos.gif
Only TJ and Dreamy can produce something without spots and that's a 25% chance!

Spesh is magnificent..... fat and as close to hairy as he has ever been in his life. Which means he is rugged LOL! He is running with the baby girls now as Lyric and he are in love.

Nice to meet you Ryan! I have a few Kooka horses (and ex Kooka horses) here! Who is your boy by?

Have no idea who he is by ? I brought him unregistered as I never planned to show him. Ill find out as they have a photo of him that I want. He was in the herald sun at the Royal melb show with his mum at a week old or so.

I had never really heard of them before I bought "Squirt" but I think Cassie mentioned she had when I joined the forum. I also brought a gelding off them. He has some Shetland in him for sure. he was the only horse they've sold but never bred themselves. Hence his name was dark invader. He is known around home as Vadar.

Ill give Maree a call and see if I can find out who his Parents are. I know he was Taffy and his mum is steel Grey.

Nice to meet you too
default_smile.png

WOW!! What a connection between you and Ryan - we'd better see some pics of little Squirt please Ryan
default_yes.gif

Great selection of girls lining up to foal Bree - cant wait to see what they are going to produce for you later ths year!

If it's the right Squirt
default_thumbup.gif
Although pretty sure it is, I've got a newspaper article with a picture of Dreamy with her foal at the Royal Melbourne show so
default_firstprize.gif

His dam is Kooka Heights Mystical Dream, brown varnish appaloosa and his sire was Tiny Toy Jamiroquai, silver bay.

Which makes him a half brother to Marlanoc TB Might of Mjolnir... aka Thor! Who I'm really looking forward to seeing shed out this spring.....

This is the most recent picture I have of him. Wow small world
default_smile.png

Absolutely love this little guy
default_smile.png
He has the best temperament , Must get it from his mum
default_smile.png

Squirt.jpg

I'll find it and scan it for you
default_smile.png

This is so awesome!
default_thumbup.gif

Dreamy does throw a beautiful nature although his dad was pretty good in that area as well! But Dreamy is super chilled out, very friendly and tends to not only stamp her foals with the same nature but then role models it to them as they grow. Little Thor is one of the easiest horses I've ever had!

I've attached some pics
default_smile.png
The first is a buckskin colt she had to their palomino stallion. The other's are of the colt she had to Tinker after I bought them both off Kooka Heights. That's Thor!

dreamy04foal.jpg

thor03.jpg

thor13.jpg

thor19.jpg

thor47.jpg

IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_5443.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Awesome !!! Thanks that would be ace if you could.

When I looked at Squirt I spent more time sitting on the ground next to Dreamy. It was her nature that won me over . Thought wow if this trait is passed onto her foals then I cant loose here.

They are lovely Pics , she produces such lovely Foals .
default_yes.gif
Now Im extra excited to see what she will have for you this year
default_thumbup.gif

She's a darling
default_smile.png
I met her when they started putting her into show prep to help sell her. Then I handled her once or twice for them. She wasn't as "wow" as some of the modern, never foaled in their life minis out there but still could place. But her nature was faultless! It was too easy to fall in love
default_wub.png

I just found a pic of dreamy in the paddock not long after foaling squirt . I have a few of him as well . I'll bring a USB home and I'll post them for you .

This is great . On a fantastic forum , run from the other side of the world & we find out our horses are related
default_smile.png

Now that I know his parents are registered could I get him registered ? Never really considered it but now I know his history is it possible ?

Have you got any special requests for dreamys next foal , apart from safely on the ground of course ?
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back