Marlanoc Round Four!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should thank me for taking him out of your state and removing some temptation
default_wink.png

I'm so excited about adding him! Both his parents are National winners, and his sire Apoco-D Double Trouble is one of the biggest home grown names AND a Trios Night Ryder grandson. His mother is also a Harris Polka Dot daughter, I've been wanting that line for ages and just couldn't find the right horse.

I wonder if I should tell the other news since you just got over hating me ...........
default_wink.png

We simply cannot allow you to have any more secrets - not fair and extremely unkind!! TELL ALL IMMEDIATELY!!
default_poke.gif

Ha, just saw it on fb. How even more awesome! I won't tell on here, I know you like to cause pain
default_new_rofl.gif

Just scrolled back to the previous page - go for it Hayley, you know how much you enjoyed chatting to us during that looooooooooooong wait!! LOL!!

Have I ever shown you guys photos of Spesh's family?

I've always been particularly fond of one of his maternal half sister's "Mirrindel Kirra," she's his double!

kirraspesh.jpg

I'll give you the LONG version of the story since I'm pretty sure you'll all enjoy it
default_smile.png

Spesh's breeders borrowed a beautiful, but over height mare "Zeta." She arrived pregnant to "who knows what" and delivered a filly they named Kirra. Zeta was then bred to one of their resident stallions and produced the lovely Something Special who was sadly retaining a bit of the plumbing making him useless as a colt. Zeta's owners then took her back and there were no more foals.

I met Spesh at my first State show. He was very much NOT typical of what was around at the time but I was smitten. He also stole the show, winning almost everything he was able to.

I met Kirra when I was buying him and was struck at the resemblance. I also fell in love, how could you not when they look so similar?

Fast forward to me being lucky enough to not only own Spesh but take him to Nationals where his breeder tells me that they've finally been able to purchase Zeta and two of her daughters! Zeta, Spotzee and Taffzee arrived (scroll down for pics of Zeta and Spotzee http://www.mirrindel.com/Mares.html)

Never thought any of them, let alone Kirra, would EVER be for sale but the stud decided to let her and one of her half sisters Taffzee go and retain Spotzee and Zeta. But it was an auction and I had no money.

So I gave up after a lot of scheming and some crying... until while talking to Shadowfax's owner found out she was planning to bid on both mares and I could have Kirra for a season. Better then nothing!

Then Kirra has an allergic reaction to something the day before the auction and swelled up, she was pulled out with the option of private sale later.

On the day of the auction my friend won Taffzee!

The next day she was offered Kirra but the asking price was too high after winning Taff. I'm also utterly broke after purchasing Trouble, I called my mum to get it all off my chest... and she and my grandparents bought her for me.

I love my horses as you all know but Kirra is a dream mare! And she's mine!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

388523_326839384012164_1935854141_n.jpg

1418226_10151998937901354_1504926364_n.jpg

My grandmother has decided that Kirra is shared between herself, me and my mother
default_wub.png
can't thank them enough!

Can't wait to get her home! I'll have to get a pic taken of her Spesh and Taff (who is agisting here to be bred to Shadow.)

Can you imagine the foal she's going to have to Shadow? And then Trouble? She's also a silver bay under the spots.

I'll see if I can get permission to share pics of two of her previous foals, one to a miniature stallion and the other to an Australian Riding Pony.

Oh my, what a dream of a mare!! Many congratulations to you all!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Cant wait to see to see the pictures.

I still haven't come down from my excitement high. Was out smooching Spesh this morning and telling him all about how his sister is coming home and that he needed a bath so he would be all pretty
default_new_rofl.gif
I'm quite giddy!

She's a silver bay so any foals have a 50% chance of silver. So far of her 3 of her 4 foals have been.

With Shadow there's a strong chance of a bay foal (they both are!) 100% of sabino, 100% spots, 50% chance of homozygous spots, 50% tobiano, 50% silver. 100% chance of PERFECTION!
default_wub.png
:wub

You KNOW I'm very excited!!!! Congratulations and give some big HUGS to those special new 'partners' in SPOTS!!!!

And Hayley, GO FOR IT!!!! Nothing like greeting a precious little one (and I'm guessing she won't 'burn' the next one!) Can't wait to see her give you lots of SPOTS!~!

I'm going to have the best spotted showjumping team at this rate
default_new_rofl.gif

Soooooo.... who wants to see Kirra foals?

No one? Ok I'll wait.

Kidding
default_new_rofl.gif

This is "Mirrindel No Big Deal" by a chestnut appaloosa miniature stallion, he was a weanling here. He was in the Nationals team when Spesh and I went up.

1378039_752623568097895_1415850166_n.jpg

This is "Mirrindel Silk Sensation" by a bay Riding Pony stallion, she's last years foal and pictured as a weanling.

382555_636866806342752_223799950_n.jpg

Ok so I know I said I wouldn't talk about the Bellephant but she is driving me nuts! (Well, more nuts then usual
default_new_rofl.gif
)

I THINK she has started to do something with udder, it's still within the sort of activity that can happen with hormones or spring grass but I'm sure it's gone flabby rather then non existent. The way she is carrying her weight still says baby to all of us, even the non horsey family members (who no longer ask when the fat geldings are due
default_wink.png
) are asking when the baby will pop. They didn't ask this last year when she was just fat.

Based on when we saw Tinker breeding her she should have been due last month on the 17th, if he got her next heat cycle she'd be due now which clearly she isn't. I think I took him out of the paddock in March so she could be due any time between now and February.

At the moment she's running with Kalari, Tatiana and Spesh but Shadow arrives early December and needs to get to work so the issue becomes... where to put Belle? I can't leave her with the Spesh and the two boys I'm prepping for an expo because I don't trust boys around foals, I also can't put her out with the full mare group because Painted Lady will steal the foal. She certainly can't be in with any of the stallions.

This mare will be the death of my sanity!!!!

In other news we have had the coldest, wettest November in 20years. Seriously not fun! All foals seem fine, Freyja hurt her leg but seems to be bouncing back without our help. Magni comes home in time for the expo I'm doing with the minis, Kirra, Taff and TJ (shorter then Trouble and it's his old paddock name) come home in a week and a half. Shadow and Varda arrive early December and I STILL have to go meet the Welsh mare.

Speaking of the expo I need to complete my website updates before then! Don't think all my new photo shoot stuff will be finished in time which kind of sucks.

I'm choosing horse's to take to the Expo, I have a stall both days for a horse with me in front of it. Each day I get to take that horse out and talk about how awesome minis are. Saturday night I have the breed parade and Sunday I have a performance demo.

So my current thoughts are to take TJ for breed parade, Derby & Sterling or Derby & Drifter for demo along with Spesh for a liberty demo.

Oh yeah and I have to make my jumps to take since I can't borrow anyone's. And the Expo is in a month.

Busy, busy, busy! And wow I really wish I hadn't listed it all like that. Now I think I'm freaking out
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl Also Expo date? yeah, that's Belle's next due date
default_new_rofl.gif

WOW!! I'm having a problem getting my head round all that you will be doing over the next month - cant imagine how you feel!!

All I can say is GOOD LUCK!! And as for Belle - come on girl, show us that baby!!
default_thumbup.gif

I'm kidnapping my cousin/website girl for the weekend. I'll give her all the updates and then she can so them on Sunday while she babysits Hansel for me. Next two weekends I'm working for my mum's drama/dance school since their concert is on and I'm doomed to coordinate backstage.

When she's done them I'll throw the link at you all and beg you to flick through and look for problems
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back