Marlanoc Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I promise too. And rest......it's a concept I think. Not sure how to achieve it, but sometimes it's a good goal! LOL

Magni had a great workout today
default_thumbup.gif
We've had trouble with him refusing to trot his dressage tests so I've been hiring time at the riding school and working him in the big outdoor space and in the arenas. Not our best trot workout but by the time we finished he was giving me some of the best walk to trot transitions I've ever had
default_firstprize.gif

No idea if he'll show them to me on Sunday of course.... he'll probably forget
default_xkngt.gif

Anyway, back with the mares Varda has frozen time and Taff is a typical maiden. Kirra has entered the race with an udder, a huge oedema in front of it, a low belly, a very relaxed back end and a long vulva that is beginning to get red on the inside.

Kirra's breeder says she's been very irregular with her pre foaling signs, one year she did nothing! Her poos are still normal and her milk is clear and barely tacky so I'm going to say not tonight. Her "rough" day 320 is the 12th but that was when we noticed she was in season, Shadow is a bit eager to cover the mares so easily could have got her earlier and Kirra seems to have long seasons.

We won't put the alarm on tonight but tomorrow the race is on to finish her yard and shelter so she can move in! Spesh will live with her during the day and come out at night.

Sounds very exciting, and you better show us another picture of the wonderful Magni. It's been too long since we've seen him. Praying for him to remember ALL his training for you at the show!

I don't have a lot of Magni as he's just FINALLY mostly shed out of his winter coat, he was very patchwork for awhile there! But I'll round up a few shots from the last dressage day
default_smile.png
My dad had the camera and someone had changed my settings so the shots are a bit blah.

I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about Kirra in the daylight right now. At a guess I'll say we'll see her foal within the next two weeks
default_smile.png

She'd had the runs recently so I just spent a few minutes giving her tail and back end a good wash. Will take a few goes to get that tail back to normal! But I want everything nice and clean now that I'm poking and prodding her more often.

With the yards all the outer fencing is done. YAY! Just one more internal fence and all that's finished. We have one more shelter to line, both need their floors finished and the roof has to go on. Everything crossed it gets finished in time! I BADLY need to get these girls in!

IMG_9283.jpg

IMG_9322.jpg

Pics coming tonight.

Yards are in use (shelters not 100% finished but safe for use.)

Placed 6th and then 5th in my two dressage tests in a field of 9 competitors.

And finally. The foal alarm is going on tonight!

Oh well done Bree and Magni - love that pic of him too. Foal alarm going on who??

So Magni does dressage.

This is how Kirra looks now! Also last night her milk was clear and runny, now it's getting the cloudy white flecks and beginning to get sticky.

And this is the yards! Shelters are still having their floor put in and one of them still needs half it's kickboards up but they are horse safe
default_smile.png
:) Spesh has Lyric for company because he can't be in while Kirra looks so close. Unfortunately we haven't got all the wood scraps out of their paddock yet but thankfully it's Spesh and Lyric..... and they're more interested in the grass!

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Oh boy, oh boy~~~!!!!! Getting really exciting now. If that little one will move a couple of inches forward, I'd say you're going to be up and tired!!

Congratulations on your placings. Did he remember what you told him? I know you were worried he'd forget. He looks so good, and so do you!!

He totally forgot Di! And then I had a lesson this morning (we left Kirra with my dad since she was looking like she'd hold out) and we ran through all my tests in the indoor arena and he did them perfectly! What a monster!

Came home to find an even pointier belly and a tiny bit of WAX!!!! Trying to resize some photos now.

Oooooooooo baby announcement any minute I think! Good luck and safe foaling Kirra.
default_pray.gif

My alarm isn't transmitting well so I've moved it and myself into the feedroom. No sleep tonight! The wax has grown :D

Looking forward to your announcement. Praying for a safe and uneventful foaling of a healthy little one!!!
default_pray.gif
:pray

No foal yet
default_thud.gif

Milk is one change away from being perfect, udder couldn't be more full, vulva could elongate more but she does clench when I lift her tail, colour has gone red though.

Usually when I see wax I don't have to wait... now she's almost had wax for 24 hours!

Ended out having to sleep so did so on a pile of horse rugs
default_whistling.gif
Think I might sweep the float out and set up in there for tonight, much warmer and no helpful barn cats to push me out of bed!

Udder is now dripping but the milk seems to have gone back to looking more cloudy and less skim then it did last night
default_frusty.gif
not as sticky either... and yet the udder is as hard as could be? Kirra is still just hanging around all calm and snoozy. She's only triggering the alarm while rubbing or grazing under the fence so she's not lying down anymore.

She really is just two steps away from perfect "launch positions"!

Going to try and take a nap now in my actual bed so I have a bit more sleep for tonight.

IT's amazing how close the internet can bring us from all over the world. We are looking winter right in the face, we have 10 degree temps right now (F); and you are moving towards spring and new babies. Can't wait to see what you have.

Latest posts

Back