Marlanoc Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kirra's still testing 6.8, she's been there consistently for 24 hours now. She's gone this low before but climbed back up, this is the longest she's gone and stayed down. Could climb back up of course and I'm only testing twice a day now as she was getting a bit grumpy about her udder.

If she was textbook then I'd expect to see another little drop tonight and a foal in the next day or two!

But we all know she's not following the rules!

Textbook -
default_risa_suelos.gif

Fingers crossed for you
default_smile.png

There's a lot of fingers crossed for this one
default_wink.png
let's hope she gives it up! Would be nice to catch some sleep before Equitana begins.

Malia seems to have Kalari feeling all clucky as well.... check out this belly!

6262_772000662880560_6334078663517821200_n.jpg

10801843_772001386213821_1632711647342717363_n.jpg

Such a little beauty!!!!

And yes, looks like your second is on it's way shortly!!! Let's "give it up" little momma!!

Malia is just a ripper
default_smile.png

Kalari is lovely too. Hoping your getting some well deserved sleep before Equitana starts
default_smile.png
I am not going this year, dressage world cup was sold out, which I really wanted to see AND I have a shocking shopping problem when it comes to the horses. My biggies actually have a better wardrobe then me
default_smile.png

I've promised myself some new competition breeches so I'm looking forward to having a lot of options in one place... might take me all day to find a white/off white/cream pair that make me look good
default_thumbdown.gif
I also need a new helmet but that might have to wait..... my old one hasn't seen a big fall but I've had it for awhile which always risks some degradation. See? PRACTICAL shopping list.
default_whistling.gif

And I'd love a new bridle.

And I need a new jumping saddle (and a new Icey saddle... and a new re-enactment saddle)

Big horses suck
default_thud.gif

Anyway, Kirra has deflated her udder. Very confusing.

Vet has decided at this point since she isn't acting sick that we just leave her, monitor her and hopefully her body prematurely got ready and she's settled back into schedule. Worst case is we've lost the foal, but if that had happened she'd still have to prep for birth and she's not doing that.

I'm a bit of a control freak so sitting back and accepting that it's out of my hands is really hard.

Taff and Kalari are making nice progress but unless they change something quite suddenly I think I might actually be left alone for Equitana
default_firstprize.gif
so I can actually SLEEP while it's on.

Ooooooo shopping for horsey things is soooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun - but why is it always so COSTLY!!

Hoping that Taff and Kalari keep 'calm' while you are away Bree and that everything proves to be ok with Kirra.

We're expecting bits of rain so who knows what the girls will do.

And I really need to get some practice done with Magni! Desperate to hit the next dressage comp in full gear and actually trot so we can kick everyone's butts
default_wink.png
Been so caught up with Kirra I haven't worked him in a week and a half and now I'll lose the next few days to Equitana.

Hopful all will go well with the ladies, and your purchases
default_smile.png
if you some cool stuff please post pics, preferably in action
default_smile.png

A few showers and Maybe the chance of a storm this afternoon. Have a great time at Equitana
default_smile.png
Are you there for all Three days?

Hopefully the girls will wait till you have shopped and worked Magni
default_smile.png
Well heres hoping anyway..........................

Any exciting news ?????

Equitana has finished, thunder and Lighting outside. Might be what kirra needs
default_smile.png

Did you get what you needed from Equitana ? And was it good again this year ?
default_smile.png

EXHAUSTED from Equitana, my feet are killing me!!!!

Spent WAAAY too much on me and Magni, not really much around for minis but so much stuff for the ridden guys. And Di will be happy because guess which breed we were next to in the Breeder's Village display? Peruvian Pasos!!! Had a lovely chat with the owners and rider, met a stunning stallion and then they let me sit in the most drop dead, stunning and utterly amazing saddle EVER!!!

Was a really nice distraction from the girls, and one I needed!

Kirra has half the udder she used to have, no wax, and her belly has gone round again. The vet does not want to go in at this stage unless she starts acting sick but we're going to start recording temperature daily to add to how we're monitoring her. Worst case we've lost the foal and she's not ready/able to remove it. Hopefully foal wasn't ready and Kirra is insisting on a longer time and will progress again when she's ready.

Pretty sure Belle isn't pregnant.

Dreamy progressing kindly and Malia is perfection
default_wub.png

Kalari taking her time but going well and Taff has a little udder but her nipples still point inwards so I don't think she's ready (although due) to make her final change.

Praying that Kirra is just taking her time. Will be praying for her safe delivery. Keep us posted.

And yes, those saddles are awesome, aren't they?

Would Kirra be taking extra time to be sure all the spots are just right?

Hoping all is well, and you have more beautiful foals on the ground soon.

So glad that you had a good time Bree and that the girls behaved themselves while you were away. Praying that all turns out ok with Kirra - do keep us posted please.

Thanks guys
default_smile.png

Kirra's on Day 333 now, not super accurate dates as I never saw her bred. They are based on when she was obviously in season so Shadow could have caught her earlier or later. But it does give us a rough range.

Weather is a bit foalish so I'm surprised Taff hasn't gotten motivated! She'd be 333 - 337 days now.

Back