Marlanoc Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be shot if I even thought about selling Dreamy :p She's one of the family favourites! She's also one of the easiest and sweetest mares in the universe..... not that I'm biased of course
default_whistling.gif

I can't believe how wide Varda is now! She barely looked pregnant two months ago and now she's a balloon! She's at day 319 today based on her earliest breeding, Shadow focused on her for a solid week and I never saw her back in season so I feel pretty certain about her dates. I'm pretty sure the order of foaling will be Varda, Taff, Kalari, Kirra and Dreamy..... with Belle doing whatever she wants somewhere after Taff and before Dreamy.

Clumsy phone photo from yesterday :p

Varda's beginning to put a bit more in her udder now, the earliest she could be is day 322 and I have a feeling that with all the Caspian breeding she might be more likely to go closer to day 330 like a "regular" sized horse.

The last of the wood arrived for the foal yards so if the guys work really hard this weekend they could have them and the shelters finished
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Although now I'm not sure if I want to move Varda.... she's probably picked her spot. I'll decide when we get a bit closer!

20141029_145548.jpg

Oh, I'm getting very excited!!! She's looking great and not long to go it appears!!! Keep us posted!!

Small world isn't it Ryan! What did you get? ;)

Got some bad news, I lost my breeding to the lovely black pinto stallion since the owners have sold him to another state
default_sad.png

But some good news I forgot to mention earlier...... I bought a half share in Shadowfax
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
so the lovely permanent supply of spots will be coming back and forward from mine and his breeder's place
default_thumbup.gif

Mares are being VERY boring!

A friend who breeds pure Caspians warned me to think of Varda as a Caspian and not a mini so she may go much closer to the "regular" 330-240 bracket.

The outside mare, Taff, hits day 320 on the 8th.

Kirra hits day 320 on the 12th, her's is based on when I saw her in season.

Belle and Kalari never showed season or being bred so it's a matter of watching and waiting!

Dreamy still behind with a due date of the 1st of December.

Good news is the fencing guys are hard at work building the shelter, they're going to work today and tomorrow and HOPEFULLY it will all be finished
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

Lots of good news in your latest posts Bree - so glad the fencing guys are back in action and brilliant news about the SPOTS!!

I'm feeling so lucky to have him here... even if it isn't full time! I'd been joking to the owner about how I was going to have to "lose" him when the time ran out
default_whistling.gif
:whistling

Then out of the blue she asked if I'd like to buy a half share in him.
default_thumbup.gif
No way was I passing that up!

We're hoping to have him out at one of the National shows, depends on how he goes in his prep work when he returns to his other home. Not bad for a stallion that injured himself so badly the vet thought he would never move without limping again! These minis are just tougher then your average horse
default_wink.png

Tatiana's also going to Nationals, she's going to a trainer early January and will be prepped for States and both Nationals. So cross your fingers for her!

I think she LIKES looking like a whale! Not sure if I can survive her mood swings though, actually mood swings implies that she has more then one mood.... and that mood is GRUMPY! But it goes from slightly grumpy to runs from the sight of me grumpy! I have a dressage comp this coming sunday and in 2 weeks I have a four day long horse expo..... so what's the bet they'll start sizing up those dates? :p

Knowing how they like to drive you crazy, don't mention your dates around the girls.....your ladies are VERY sneaky!

I bet the dogs told them..... *shifty eyes* they're all plotting against me!

Taff's looking good though, she's day 320 in two more days. I'm hoping the two maidens go before my busy days and Dreamy will wait for early December. At least it would be nice if the tricky ones would be a bit kinder to me!

The yards are super close to being done, the roof needs to go on and will this weekend, we're lining them today and putting the new floor down tomorrow. So close to being done!

You definitely have some "shifty" characters there!

Sounds like a busy weekend for you again. Take some time and rest, too.

They all look great Bree .Good luck at your dressage comp on Sunday
default_smile.png

Don't tell the girls Equitanas on , don't want them planning anything lol

They are all looking fab Bree. Promise that we will all keep quiet about your coming 'activities' so the girls wont hear it from us - oh and GOOD LUCK!!!

Latest posts

Back