Ladykminiature, IM BACK !!!!!!!!!! Val Foaled!!!!!! filly Mandy colt 5/2....and more to come

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liz I am so sorry for your loss, poor little bree.

You are one amazing person, thank you for coming on here and updating for us, and well done to you for staying so positive throughout it all. I am soo very glad that the vet thinks bree will come trough it ok... Please give her a very special hug from her Aunty cassie... And you deserve a massive hug and a good nights rest yourself. I'm going to be in and out a bit today unfortunately but the laptop will be on while I'm cooking and am inside...

My heart goes out to you and your daughter the wonderful vet and our lovely Jackie! And hubbby you all did such an amazing job! ((( hugs! ))))

Liz, I am so sorry for you and your family's loss of Bree's foal. After all the waiting and worrying my heart just beaks for all of you. But I am happy that Bree will be OK. After watching her for so many nights she looks like such a sweet mare!! I feel so bad for her as well, I am sure in her own way she senses the loss as well............
default_no.gif
I will keep you all in my prayers.
default_pray.gif
Hugs to you and Bree..............

Thank you all for the prayers and hours that you put in watching these mares..........

Mandy has been promoted to the first stall and Bree has been moved to the second stall for a few more days then Bree will move out of cam and Val will move in the second stall

Mandy is 328 days and will get more pics soon

Val was pasture bred and put in with stallion 5/24 so she could be due as early as 4/20 not sure though she is an outside mare and a maiden, so this one I won't have a due date.....
default_smile.png

How is Bree doing this morning?
Hi happy Bree is doing much better today, stall having quite a bit of oozing but it's not stinky and the swelling is going down she still having alittle trouble with peeing but it's getting better so over all she's healing pretty fast......thanks to all for your concern for Bree ..

Hi Liz, sorry I didn't see your post..I have had the camera up watching, but popping in and out on LB..I've been busy this weekend..Been working Isaacs little butt off..lol..and mine too in the process..How are you doing????that's the question..Glad to see Bree is doing good..

I think I'm headed to bed if ya'll can please keep eye on Bree as well while watching Mandy Bree had to be given more meds for pain, she has been pooing good, a lot of up and down, temp was normal 100.4 but was give banamine for the pain we don't want her to do a lot of rolling so please if you see rolling could you call or text 210-394-0389. Sorry for the extra steps..and thank you so much.....
default_smile.png

And FYI I do think maidens know when they lose there baby's, Bree has been very moopy today and when dog went into barn Bree acted very excited and pacing looking for the dog so my option is if others have a situation like mine let the mama see the baby and morn, we did not due to the drugs Bree was given and thought since she had never had a baby she really didn't know...wrong I believe they do know........
default_smile.png

We always leave the babies with their Mommas until the mares choose to 'walk away'. Sometimes, as Diane said, it takes but a day or two but one of our experienced girls took 10 days (!!) with us carrying baby out to the field every morning and back in again every night. The mare spent her days grazing a circle round her dead daughter, but on the 10th day we went out as usual and she just sniffed the foal and moved off across the field to join her other girl friends. That night she came in happily without a second glance at baby and we took the foal away and buried it. Not a 'pleasant' few days but important to this particular mare.

You may have to watch Bree when Mandy foals, but I'm glad to hear that she's recovering - it will take time after all she went through, bless her.

Sorry, forgot to say 4.50am and Bree resting sternal under her light, Mandy grazing quietly.

Mandy is now 329 days and acting alittle different tonight......will do pics later tonight when I can get my help to help .....lol....Bree seems to be doing better tonight...
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back