Kinney Miniatures foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!! Another little baby!! Many congratulations Steph and well done to Amy!
default_thumbup.gif

Angie is down and flat but from this angle it is very hard to see which end is her head
default_thud.gif

We are watching Angie closely. thanks for the additional people also watching.

Steph

Thank goodness, I am having problems calling you, I think I am out of credit. I just called a friend with sons phone and asked her to call you

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked.........Angie is waxing. We have the camera monitor in the living room where we can see her every move. Thanks

Steph

Oh Good, she had me worried as I couldn't see her due to the sun. I am going to pop out to the shops soon to reload my phone.

If she foals before 11:00 PM tonight -- then we will SURELY have SOME RECORD -- 5 foals in 24 hours!!! Crossing my fingers!!

As of 4:30 PM Angie (cam #3) is dripping milk. I may change the cams from viewing 4 cams to Angie's cam only periodically so we can see her better. We will switch cams back and forth to check in on the newborns from last night/this morning.

Foals are doing great, they got to play outside for about 15 minutes today and stretch their legs with mom. It's a little cool and sort of windy here, so did not want them outside very long on their first day.

Thanks for all of the congrats.

Steph

Looks like BABY 5 for the Nutty Nursery 24 hour record is getting ready to make his/her appearance!!

Safe foaling!!
default_pray.gif

Certainly good strong contractions -- but with her butt away from the camera - hard to guess what's going on!! Looks like a little help is being done! Maidens are so tight!! Praying for a healthy little one and momma!

Seems like maybe a problem -- all hands being used!

default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

WELCOME TO THE WORLD LITTLE ONE!!!!!!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new babies!!! Wow 3 so close together!

Last edited by a moderator:
Angie had a little trouble getting the dome of the head out, after that the colt popped right out. Angie did very well for her first time and is being a great mom. We have never had 3 foals born within a 19 hour time frame, but it sure is nice to have it over with and able to get some much needed sleep! LOL

Have one mare left to foal, Midnight on cam #2. We bred her on two heat cycles and it is appearing that she may have settled on the second heat, which would put her due date at May 7th using 325 days gestation time frame.

She is turned out during the day and in the stall overnight. Her udder is super flabby and loose. IF she had settled on her first heat cycle she would be at 335 days today, but I don't think that is the case.

Thanks for joining us in the barn, we appreciate all of your wonderful comments about our foals. We are very pleased with our stallions first foal crop.

Steph

Can't wait for pictures!! Can't really see this little one with all the fence gates! He's lost amongst the poles!! What color is he?

Just a couple of pictures please!

Here is a photo of Angie's colt. He was still wet when photo was taken. It looks like he will be a bay? Will take more photos today to see his true color.

Sorry about the 2 gates in their stall. Angie and colt are in a 3 sided lean-to shed. The second gate is in place to keep the colt under the roof area for better protection and keep him on the straw for warmth. When the weather gets better we will remove the 2nd gate during the day and put it back during the night or if we have rain during the day.

obj323geo229pg8p4.jpg

Latest posts

Back