Maple Hollow Farms 2013 Foaling Season Complete

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_smile.png
thats great!! go Heartbreaker! did you take many of your other horses to the show?

LOL yes, we took 11 head of show horses between my mom and I plus two mares with foals! We had a pretty good show...Remmy and Magic won their Sr Stallion classes and were Champion (Remmy) and Res Champion (Magic) Sr Stallions. Tinkerbelle was 4th 5th and 6th in a Amateur Mares class of 16 horses so was pretty happy about that! There was a LOT of gorgeous horses and we had a great time. We got some other good halter placings but didnt have time to write them all down...we discovered that 11 might just be our limit for showing LOL! Remmy is now only 4 points from his HOF in Halter though if I figured my points right! Getting very impatient for shows to get posted online so I can make sure I am figuring correctly!!! Magnum should have unofficially finished his Country Pleasure Driving HOF with 2nd in his open driving class. He also is getting closer in Roadster getting 2nd in Ammy, first in Open, and one Res Stakes! He also placed 6th in a HUGE hunter class! He didnt miss a single jump in his classes this wkend, was pretty proud of him, I just discovered I am fat and out of shape to keep up with him for Jumper, we were really slow ROFL!! Had pics taken of Remmy and Magnum with the photographer and havent seen all the pictures from classes to know if she got any of our girls or other boys.

WOW!! What a lot of news to catch up on!! Those babies are looking fantastic Melinda - and I do so agree with you about just letting the babies become friendly and naturally confident with us humans, then haltering and leading seems to follow so easily.
default_yes.gif

You and your Mum must have been rushed off your feet at the show, but what great results!! Many congratulations!
default_thumbup.gif

Cant wait for some pics - dont do FB so the videos dont work for me.

Congratulations on your shows! Sounds like a lot of exercise and training for both of you! LOL

The pictures are great! Can't wait for your patience to wear off, and all the babies have their clipping. Especially two of them -- and you KNOW which ones I mean. Do them next....do them next.....please!

I also don't do FB, so the videos don't work, but can't wait until you can post them here!

Congrats Melinda, on you shows, you and Mum must be worn out taking all those horses
default_smile.png

The babies are growing up and looking just fab!

wow congrats on a massive show! so very exciting! can't wait for the pics
default_smile.png
I'm friends with you on fb but the video is still not working for some reason...

Got some new pics of Ringer today after a quick clip job :D This lil stinker is so hard to get good pictures of as he is ALWAYS running around, only stops for a few seconds! I think he is pretty special!

DSCF6113edit.JPG

DSCF6124.JPG

DSCF6125edit.JPG

DSCF6132edit.JPG

DSCF6138edit.JPG

DSCF6140edit.JPG

DSCF6141edit.JPG

DSCF6142edit.JPG

DSCF6145edit.JPG

He is VERY special -- and I hope you're keeping him for your show string -- he'll do AWESOME!

OMG, the mud is just rediculous, I went out and was playing with my babies today to make me feel better and my gorgeous snowcap filly, Rain, laid down in the wettest grossest spot in the entire pasture and was just GROSS! Keep in mind that only around the hay feeder does it get really muddy, they have an entire pasture to lay down and roll without getting gross but she picked the gross spot! UGH! Anyhoo here are a couple pics of my clean babies today and one partially muddy, used to be palomino and now mud colored, colt LOL!!!
OMG. I want those three. Seriously. Here I am trying to cut back to spend more time training 3, but you must understand that I have an illness. It is called addicted to beautiful foals. Those three are just absolutely beautiful Melinda! Congratulations. Mmmm. maybe I better go take pictures of my dusty, brown, fluffy, filthy, baby.

OMG, why o why did I go back to look at Ringer's new pics?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the great comments and compliments already!

LOL--let me get you a napkin :p, you might need it if I keep up my clipping streak here! Next on my list is my snowcap filly :D

I would love to keep him and several of the others but currently have them all listed and then whoever is left I will keep LOL! Since I cant decide between them I figure I will let everyone else decide for me! Kinda hoping he stays as he will give me the perfect excuse to go to my first World show as he is AMHA Futurity Nominated!

He is VERY special -- and I hope you're keeping him for your show string -- he'll do AWESOME!
I think I have that same illness...seems it gets lots worse if you dont buy at least one horse every once in a while. ROFL! My hubby put me under a no more buying rule until I sell a lot so my illness is pretty severe right now LOL!

OMG. I want those three. Seriously. Here I am trying to cut back to spend more time training 3, but you must understand that I have an illness. It is called addicted to beautiful foals. Those three are just absolutely beautiful Melinda! Congratulations. Mmmm. maybe I better go take pictures of my dusty, brown, fluffy, filthy, baby.

OMG, why o why did I go back to look at Ringer's new pics?

I think I have that same illness...seems it gets lots worse if you dont buy at least one horse every once in a while. ROFL! My hubby put me under a no more buying rule until I sell a lot so my illness is pretty severe right now LOL!
Me, too!

i waited till tony (thankfully) left the sale ring at charles city to hold up my hand. NOW i really really need to work on my team.

when are you ready to start charriot classes? i have the charriot now!!!!!

Yea I would have been in big trouble if I would have brought anything home. If I end up keeping Magic, he was my one I want to train for Chariot, I think he would have a blast! Will have to wait for some of my other driving babies to grow up and see if any look very fast ROFL!

i waited till tony (thankfully) left the sale ring at charles city to hold up my hand. NOW i really really need to work on my team.
when are you ready to start charriot classes? i have the charriot now!!!!!

Shes very very pretty, she makes me think of our little Silver Belle, who was also a silver bay pinto...almost the same markings! I love her, what did you name her?

We havent come up with names yet for mom's babies so any ideas are welcome... all of our foals will have the Maple Hollows prefix and then MT foals have to have some sort of Magical reference to them if you check out our website you will see several examples we have already used LOL! I want to call her "Magical Muffin" which was an idea given by a friend of mine but mom doesnt want to name her that LOL, I also want to name the lil silver bay pinto Tator Tot but she squashed that one too ROFL!!!

Dear Darling Husband Skff,

If by chance I have just happened to leave this thread open and you just happen to be reading it..... If you would be so kind to forget about that fancy schmansy restaurant and hot and heavy date you were going to take me on and instead get me this little girl...it would make for a very happy wife and a very happy life for you!! I would not need to purchase new shoes either...and we know how much they can cost!! You could have a night or 2 out with the guys...hows that sound?

Let me know when you want to go pick her up and I will MapQuest it for you

Love, Hugs and Kisses

your adoring wife!!! OXOX

OOPPSS....Melinda, I love both names...you guys always have good names IMO

Latest posts

Back