On Target Miniatures - foal updates December 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look wonderful! Bunny sure looks gorgeous!

I bet the babies are enjoying having each other to play with!

Mary they are adorable together
default_thumbup.gif

wow - I've been away for a while. I've enjoyed catching up on your events, Mary. The babies are FANTASTIC!!

I love that you have shows that include the ground driving, that is sooo cool. Since you already do all the events and such, have you and your 4Hers considered doing the Horse Agility competitions? I've been looking into that and may have to do some,
default_smile.png

Congrats - on the two foals, the color tests and the show.

Paula- Thanks for the compliments on the babies. We adore both of them.

The 4-Hers don't know it yet, but long term I hope to get them interested in horse agility. I have the book and the link to the monthly on-line competitions run in the UK. It sounds like a lot of fun and something anyone can do in their own back yard. The kids love trail so I think they will like this.

I agree with the others............your horses look wonderful!! It's so great that you have so many different classes to go in. The foals look as cute as ever!!

Just realized I didn't post any pics of Princess from the show and she would not want to feel left out. She was the only mini driving, but I did hear comments about they didn't think minis looked like that when they drove! Educating spectators works for me!

Princess_driving_Cerulli.jpg

Oh Mary -- they are all simply stunning! Bunny is gorgeous, and the babies are just beautiful. I can't wait to see Luna in a show -- her poise in this picture just says it all on how well she will do, too. And Jake should be perfect as well. And you're right -- educating spectators is just perfect!

/monthly_06_2013/post-3664-0-84832300-1370646528_thumb.jpg

I can't stop taking photos of these lovely foals so I will keep posting here as long as you like them!

We had friends (with spectacular minis of their own) down for a visit yesterday. We discussed how hard it is to follow a Max (or in their case a 2 time AMHA World GRAND Champion stallion) because it seems like the ones that follow just don't measure up. But they LOVED Jake and think he might be close to those other two, which of course, just made our day. They also really liked Bunny (once we get past the fact she isn't Max) and also Clyde (who they were only lukewarm about last year). But this year they gushed over the fact he LOOKS LIKE A HORSE! They also helped get all these photos. The video didn't require any help - Jake apparently liked all this attention and decided to put on a show! The video missed most of it and just caught the end.

Video link:http://s84.photobucket.com/user/targetsmom/media/P1100474_zpsd28f025c.mp4.html

Note what is missing in the photo of Clyde (& Jake too) - a HALTER!

Bunny_Kristina_6_12_13.jpg

Clyde_Kristina_6_12_13.jpg

Jake_Kristina_6_12_13_1.jpg

GORGEOUS!!!!! wow we always new Clyde was going to be handsome! but he has devoloped so beautifully this past year! are you going to get him out to some shows Mary?

Jake is stunning! I love his movement!

and Luna well if it didn't cost so darn much to import horses to Australia I would snap her up in a second!!! lol

Bunny looks amazing too! I love that little filly... goodness I love all your horses!!!!

Thank you Cassie! Funny, our friends asked that same question about Clyde - were we going to show him this year? So many horses to show, and so little time and room on the trailer!!! We MAY try to get him to a show, but it won't be easy. He is too tall to show AMHR this year, but we still have Open Shows, VSE classes at our AMHA shows, plus Pinto shows. Hubby has been working with him a lot and he has improved by leaps and bounds since spring. I figured out tonight that among our 14 minis, the only ones that have never been shown (Snappy's turn comes up next weekend), are the 2 foals, Toffee, and Clyde. And of course we have big plans for the foals and for Clyde too. We will let you know and post photos if we do get him to a show.

please do! would love to see how he goes
default_smile.png
oh and do let us know how Snappy does, gorgeous little baby she is! do you have any recent pics of that little munchkin?
default_wub.png

Mary they just seem to keep getting more beautiful, is that even possible. Lol well done for all your hard work, it really shows
default_smile.png

Oh Mary they are ALL just so stunning! It is not just that you have some very beautiful minis to breed from, but also your love, care and attention that adds that vital finishing 'touch' to your fantastic babies.
default_yes.gif

Keep those pictures coming - we will never tire of seeing them!

Fabulous pictures Mary!! Each little one is just beautiful, and your work is shining through with them. I saw on another thread you are going to show in Maine? Don't forget your camera!!!!

I loved your photos of your awesome horses. Best of luck in Maine this weekend. I think you're going to have good weather and I know you'll do an amazing job. Can't wait for photos!!!

Mary, they all look super, I took a moment and rewatched all your videos again..they sure are happy horses. I'd wish you luck in Maine but I don't think you'll need it....the other peoples horses will need some luck going up against your little ones!!! Have a safe and of course a fun show. Look forward to seeing your ribbons!!

Maine is NEXT weekend - we still have a 4-H Open Barn and Tack Sale to get through tomorrow, and then dyeing manes and clipping 3 horses....

Several of you mentioned all the hard work, and that is certainly a part of it. But another comment our friends made I think is very telling: Their comment about our 8 year old stallion Buckshot (that we bought from them) was that he looked so good we could take HIM in the ring in this year. Because the 4-Hers aren't allowed to work with him (CT 4-H rule) and he is in a turnout by himself, he does not get the attention the others do. But his bloodlines are awesome...and I think speak for themselves in terms of what his siblings, nieces, nephews, and cousins are doing in the show ring. Yes, our friend's Noble Heir is Buckshot's nephew, so for all those people who think bloodlines don't matter, think again.

We were also asked what diet our show horses are on, because as you might guess, our horses are not treated like normal "show horses" - they go out (on dry lot) daily and are fed hay 4 times a day. I mentioned that our yearlings are getting approximately 60:40 grain to hay (which is recommended for their age anyway), nowhere near the 90:10 ratio that show barns feed. Yes, Bunny's tummy could be a bit more tucked (we all agreed) but she still looks pretty good (and I think is quite happy).

For Snappy fans - part of the reason we are taking her to Maine is to get some good photos of her!!! Her clip job is pretty awful right now (she was clipped that hot week for comfort only) so she really needs another clip before she is "camera ready"! Of course, she is still adorable.

I don't know the age of the 4-Her's, but if he's a sweet boy, then perhaps a couple of the older ones could begin working with him at your farm so that YOU could show him. His lines are beautiful, and he is producing extremely stunning foals. It would be a benefit to have him winning in the show ring too -- especially for sales in the future. Just an idea.

Latest posts

Back