Kinney Miniatures foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmh

Reaction score
We have three mares due to foal anytime. Our foaling cam link http://www.marestare.com/cam.php?alias=kinney

See our message board link below the cam window. There are updates of progress on each mare on my message board.

We have four cams on our monitor.

Cam #1 is Midnight, a seasoned broodmare, however she is not due until May 7th.

Cam #2 is Amy, a seasoned broodmare, that has produced a Hall of Fame driving horse for us. She is at 335 days. As of today her ph level is at 6.0, she could foal at anytime. Her udder has been extremely tight since yesterday (4/22).

Amy photo:

obj316geo213pg3p4.jpg

Cam #3 is Angie, a maiden, is at 351 days. Udder seems to be filled, but with a maiden it is hard to tell when she will foal.

Angie photo:

obj240geo159pg3p4.jpg

Cam #4 is Kankakee, a seasoned broodmare, is at 350 days. Her udder is also very full and tight.

Kankakee photo:

obj388geo201pg3p4.jpg

All mares are bred to our AMHR/ASPC stallion, McCarthy's Court Jester. This is his first foal crop. We are excited to see these foals!

Here is Court Jester...

obj396geo230pg2p4.jpg

Welcome to our "Nutty Nursery" !! All beautiful girls, and a handsome daddy!

I see we're foaling!!!!! Come on Kankakee!!

Oh my goodness, we seem to have some problems.

Feet and legs sticking out and mom walking around......
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Good save!!!!!!!! And a beautiful little one!

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS ON A BEAUTIFUL COLT!!!

I just knew it was a boy -- fiesty right from the start!!

Poor little guy.....he's hungry and momma is still trying to pass her placenta. Okay, now a role reversal -- he's down and she's up! Now he's up and momma's down. He's already trying out his prancing legs!!

He looks just beautiful!!!

I see you checking Amy! How is she doing? With a 6.0 pH -- she could give you a "two-fer" tonight!

I see a little help from the "steering club" Steph, has him headed in the right direction for the milk bar!! Come on little one -- you'll be very happy with a good drink!

Glad you posted your link tonight Steph -- but I had no idea it would be so exciting on DAY 1 !!!!!

Last edited:
Oh congratulations steph! I'm pulling your camera up now
default_smile.png

what a perfectly marked little foal! congratulations! you must be thrilled! mum and dad did a good job with this little dude! he's a spunk!

already trying to have a poop... cutie!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all. It was a little tricky getting him out, seemed he was stuck after the head was out. I was here alone since hubby was at a family function 40 miles away.

I'm glad Kankakee gave that big push to get him out the rest of the way.

He has finally figured out where the milk bar is. We are very pleased with his markings and conformation. Will post pics tomorrow.

Ok now if Amy and Angie would foal, I can get some much needed sleep! LOL

Steph

Many congratulations on your new colt Steph - you just registered yourself and your beautiful horses here in time for the first birth, we are used to loooooooooooong waiting times as the norm! LOL!!

Good luck and safe foaling with Amy - certainly is a busy night tonight on here with several mares suddenly producing their gorgeous babies.

Dont forget the pictures for us!

Hi and Welcome to the Nutty Nursery, you sure have set a high standard here with 2 gorgeous babies on your first night
default_firstprize.gif
default_thumbup.gif

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN on Amy's filly!! I just knew she was going to foal at 6.0 - but just couldn't stay up any longer!

Just beautiful and we look forward to pictures!!

We had a busy night, but glad we have two healthy foals on the ground. Kankakee was having a little trouble getting the foal out after the head and front legs were delivered. Thankfully she pushed again with me pulling to get the colt out. She foaled about 11:00 PM (4/23).

I will get better pictures later on, once they both unfold a bit.

Here is Kankakee's pinto colt.

obj289geo216pg8p4.jpg
obj292geo233pg8p4.jpg

We were up until 2:00 AM making sure Kankakee's foal nursed, etc. I had fallen asleep on the couch when Amy set the Equipage off at 4:45 AM. She had a textbook delivery of a champagne colored filly. See photo below:

obj305geo253pg8p4.jpg

Two down, two more mares to go. The one I worry about the most is the maiden mare, Angie (cam #3). She is at 352 days today. Hubby is home today/tonight so I hope she delivers while he is here to help.

Midnight is not due until about May 7th, so we will get a little break.

thanks for joining us in the barn.

Steph

congrads! you have beautiful babies. So it was a double header? You must have been hopping. My mare foaled right about the same time.as yours. Must have been the full moon rising. Its amazing!

Your babes are truly gorgeous and good luck with yor upcomings.I have 1 more I am waiting on..maybe we can do another copy cat..birthing REALLy soon

lori

What an exciting night you had! Both foals are lovely. Glad everything went well
default_smile.png

Back