Maple Hollow Farms 2013 Foaling Season Complete

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melinda just now reading this....so sorry for the loss of Chicky's colt.
default_no.gif
I am sure you are heartbroken. It is good that Chicky is doing well though.

I know what you mean about the rain, it has been raining here in Va. since last night!! Misty and Josie were in and out for a couple of hours, I leave their stall door open but they don't always go in
default_frusty.gif
out of the rain!! So after I cleaned the barn I brought them in and boy did they look really rough!!!!
default_gaah.gif
Wet, muddy and to top it off they also were digging in the crushed stone in the run in area!! Later on when I went out to feed them they were covered in Pine shavings!!!!!! Poor things looked so neglected
default_unsure.png
but spoiled too!!!!

OMG, the mud is just rediculous, I went out and was playing with my babies today to make me feel better and my gorgeous snowcap filly, Rain, laid down in the wettest grossest spot in the entire pasture and was just GROSS! Keep in mind that only around the hay feeder does it get really muddy, they have an entire pasture to lay down and roll without getting gross but she picked the gross spot! UGH! Anyhoo here are a couple pics of my clean babies today and one partially muddy, used to be palomino and now mud colored, colt LOL!!!

DSCF5875edit.JPG

DSCF5876edit.JPG

DSCF5879edit.JPG

DSCF5895edit.JPG

DSCF5864.JPG

DSCF5885edit.JPG

DSCF5874edit.JPG

DSCF5884.JPG

DSCF5908edit.JPG

DSCF5833edit.JPG

DSCF5834edit.JPG

I just LOVE looking at all your gorgeous foals!! It must be FUN to go into the pasture to play with all of them!!! I like your Mud colored Palomino I think it gives him character!! Besides he is so sweet even some mud won't change that!! We will have to get some pictures of our minis all clean and shiny when the weather stays nice! I have not taken any new pictures since the winter and mine both just turned a year so I need some new shots without all their foal/winter woolies!
default_yes.gif

You need to keep a close eye on this one

/monthly_06_2013/post-17195-0-72790000-1370657621_thumb.jpg

I might sneak over and borrow him
default_whistling.gif

Melinda, I'm so sorry to hear about Chicky's colt! Sometimes these things happen. So don't beat yourself up over it. I've been there, and it's heart-breaking. I'm glad Chicky is okay. Mares mourn too. HUGS!

I just LOVE looking at all your gorgeous foals!! It must be FUN to go into the pasture to play with all of them!!! I like your Mud colored Palomino I think it gives him character!! Besides he is so sweet even some mud won't change that!! We will have to get some pictures of our minis all clean and shiny when the weather stays nice! I have not taken any new pictures since the winter and mine both just turned a year so I need some new shots without all their foal/winter woolies!
default_yes.gif
LOL I decided my pally colt decided he wanted to be a buckskin for a while :p I love that boy, one of my many favorites! Hoping all the expected rain tonight and tomorrow misses us! It is finally starting to get halfway dry and now going to rain again...sigh...

You need to keep a close eye on this one

/monthly_06_2013/post-17195-0-72790000-1370657621_thumb.jpg

I might sneak over and borrow him
default_whistling.gif
I think he would like your place he is pretty adventurous, I can see him wanting to travel and see the world ROFL!

Melinda, I'm so sorry to hear about Chicky's colt! Sometimes these things happen. So don't beat yourself up over it. I've been there, and it's heart-breaking. I'm glad Chicky is okay. Mares mourn too. HUGS!
Thanks Pam, It really stinks but the good news is that Chicky seems fine and she barely looked for him, I dont think she even really knew what happened. I got him out of the stall before she got to smell him and get upset. She recovered well, very few mares foal, get up, and look like nothing happened, no hanging belly or sweat or anything!!!

Two more beautiful foals while I was gone! Just gorgeous!

Sorry about your loss, but those things can happen, but it's always sad.

But you've had a very successful year this year, and the babies are all beautiful!!!

Don't forget to catch up all those pictures in the album! Quite a few! How many in total this year, Melinda?

Yes Melinda, what is the total and how many fillies versus colts?

Thanks! Mom had 7 fillies and 2 colts (she trapped the filly fairy this year) and I had 7 fillies and 6 colts. This is not including losses.

Melinda I have only just managed to get on here today I am so sorry you lost Chicky's little colt
default_sad.png
RIP little man! I am so sorry I wasn't there to watch.

your babies are gorgeous! the markings on that pinto are so very striking and I love that palomino so very beautiful.

you know we will be watching for next seasons babies and I hope you will stick around and drop us updates on this years bubbies.

I was wondering if anyone else can pull our cams up. We have contacted people at marestare a couple times and are getting no response so wondering if they shut them off but just havent gotten back to us yet????? Just hoping they will get back with me soon as I hope I wont get charged for another month when I am wanting to shut them off plus wanted to save our left over days for next spring! Anyone know if they are on vacation or why we might be having trouble getting through to them??

hmm just tuning in now. I thought that maybe you had turned it off already lol. its getting stuck on the 4th second of the loading... I can get other cams up fine, how annoying for you
default_sad.png
I hope that they don't charge you... cool can you save what days you don't use? thats awesome! wish I had kept track of when I used mine as I should have had at least a few days of that to use up... hope it gets sorted out soon...
default_smile.png

Thanks, I finally got ahold of Heather so she is aware I want them shut down. You can only save them to use within the actual year that you purchase the time, since we started ours I think in April on cam2 as long as we turn our cams on in time to have all of our time leftover used before that anniversary of purchasing it can we still use it. Since we plan on turning them on in March, shouldnt be an issue.

cool
default_smile.png
I'm glad you got everything sorted out
default_smile.png

have you got any new pics for us of all your babies? how is that little foal with the heart bum going? lol

I went out today just for you and got more pictures LOL! I did clip Heartbreaker and he looks awesome! Desperately want to clip the others too, will see how long my self control can last :p.

DSCF5991edit.JPG

DSCF5995edit.JPG

DSCF5997edit.JPG

DSCF6014edit.JPG

DSCF6027.JPG

DSCF6029.JPG

DSCF6034.JPG

DSCF6042edit.JPG

DSCF6045edit.JPG

DSCF6055edit.JPG

DSCF6063edit.JPG

DSCF6066edit.JPG

DSCF6068edit.JPG

awww THANKYOU! Melinda
default_smile.png
they are ALL gorgeous! love heartbreaker
default_smile.png
hehe he clipped up really nice! well done.

how do you and your mum go with training them all?
default_smile.png
lol

LOL patience and perseverance! I generally sit in the pastures and let them come to me and eventually they tame themselves. Once they are friendly I can generally just put the halter and lead on and they will follow. Heartbreaker went to the show this wkend for a mare and foal race and he was really good about letting me put the halter on him, stood still, and led really well. Some do take longer than others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back