PlayTime Minis - 2014 Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First outdoor photos of Surprise.

2014june14thsurprise 021.JPG 2014june14thsurprise 013.JPG

And the other side
default_yes.gif

2014june14thsurprise 014.JPG

Just doing the rounds trying to catch up after 10 days with no internet and suprise SUPRISE you have another baby! Many congratulations she is gorgeous and so beautifully marked too. Nothing better than suprises of this sort.
default_yes.gif

]I haven't been on the board all summer. Been enjoying a wonderful summer with moderate temperatures. I'm expecting one more foal any minute from Clorox but I thought for those of you who watched my 2013 thread, you might like to see some pro photos. The first is of my most wonderful 20 year old ASA Wish Upon A Star. I felt she deserved her own special photo shoot for being the fabulous senior mare she is. Here are her photos.

wish dht-54 fin.jpg wish dht-52 fin.jpg

Next is Suzette who you all helped bring into the world. She was born solid black but is now roaning like her Dad, Amir. She's with Danielle Hill out showing this year and has qualified for Worlds. Attaching a baby photo of her. It's amazing to see how they change color as they mature. She's going to stay under 30" at maturity.

2013april18thmorning 001.JPG

zetti dht-51 fin.jpg zetti dht-58 fin.jpg

I have some foals planned for 2015 and they are going to be sired by LM Idol's Hawks Burton so excited for that but still anxiously awaiting Clorox's baby.

Thank you for all your help bringing my babies safely into the world. It's been awesome having this experience and watching them mature and can't thank you enough.

Hope you have all had a great summer. I'll be spending more time on here after our brief summer ends.

That is ONE FABULOUS looking Senior Mare! She's stunning!!

And congratulations on Suzette qualifying! You better keep us posted on her successes -- as we KNOW she's bound to be successful. It's great having you back, and we hope to "see" even more of you!!

Looking great , Glad you had a lovely Summer and wishing you a safe foaling for Clorox.

Best of Luck at Worlds
default_thumbup.gif

We better see some photos lol
default_yes.gif

WOW!! Suzette is really stunning - what a beautiful little filly -good luck at the Worlds!

I love your senior mare - the golden oldies are soooooooooooooo special.
default_yes.gif

Sending prayers for a safe smooth foaling for Clorox.
default_pray.gif

Great to hear from you again - keep us posted on how things go please.

Thank you Ladies!! I really appreciate it. I knew yesterday Clorox was going to foal and this morning - mid morning, she delivered a healthy filly. Long legged and should mature around 33". Mother and babe are both doing well. So happy all foals this year came easily. And all my mares foaled during the day so a big thank you to them.

So three fillies and one colt. Just what I ordered
default_yes.gif

Here's a photo of her first nap. I had Clorox out hand grazing to enjoy our beautiful weather and baby decided to snooze.

2014july20thnewfilly 011.JPG

Just BEAUTIFUL long legs!!! She's so pretty, and I can't believe that ALL your girls foaled during the day. You'd better write that on a calendar so you'll remember it for next year -- when everyone will probably foal in the middle of the night! LOL

What a lovely little filly - many congratulations!! How considerate of your girls foaling during the daytimes - still I bet you were awake all night waiting for them just in case! Enjoy your sleep.
default_yes.gif

Thank you! Yes, I stayed up anyway but very happy they arrived during the day when it was warm and the sun was shining and I was more alert. Well now it's time to enjoy the babies and no more mares foaling until next spring. Thank you again!

Question - Mom and babe are doing well and babe is nursing, Clorox is a great mom - no problems BUT this is my first time with a feisty filly. She doesn't follow Clorox at all. I've always led Moms to turn out and babes just followed right along when they were this young. Not this filly. She runs all over creation, won't follow Clorox and heads out on her own wherever she thinks she wants to go and that includes getting far away from Clorox and she's not interested in coming back either. Of course, Clorox panics so I end up carrying the giant babe held right next to Mom's skin. Now this won't last much longer as this is a big filly and I'm not that strong.

When she's in turn out with the other foals, she wants to go right on up and socialize and be part of things and Clorox doesn't like that, goes to round her up and she kicks Clorox away. Actually backs up to her and kicks. It's pretty funny in some ways to see such an independent girl. When she's ready to nurse, she rounds up Clorox and she'll nap by her but other than that she wants to be on her own enjoying the world. She's friendly to me though. She's just very independent.

Has anyone had a filly like this? I hate to put a halter on such a young baby. Never have done it before. Suggestions? She's been this feisty since one day old and she's two days old now so I can only imagine what is in store for me. I can put her in a different turn out attached to my barn but the other foals won't be in with her and she'll just be alone with Clorox.

With her red coloring, I'm thinking of changing her name to Spitfire.

Having foals is never boring to say the least.

I can really use your help here ladies and gentlemen as all my other babes have been demure and peaceful.

Latest posts

Back